• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US House Panel Hearing on UFO/UAP sightings/reports

I used to watch a lot of those UFO sighting specials on TV as a kid. One 'sighting' video I remember well was sooo bad. The film captured a blurry light in the darkness. The show commented on the UFO's ability to alter its shape, and incredible maneuverability! I could make the exact same film given a dark room and a single lightbulb. 'Altering its shape' was the person playing with the focus, never managing to get it right. The maneuver the UFO made I have dubbed the 'bump the camera mans elbow' maneuver. I mean really.. even if you were to accept the idea that a ufo had the ability to shoot up 60 ft, move to one side 25 ft, then drop down through its starting point, going another 20ft past that, then loop around back to its starting point in the span of 1 second... why?? why would any pilot perform such a maneuver?
The craft was probably piloted by Bigfoot, copiloted by Mothman and being navigated by Nessie. It at least explains how everything is always so fuzzy.

Yeah, we don't know how to do it but there's nothing theoretically impossible about it.
Well, that depends on what you mean by "impossible". I suspect it's several orders of magnitude more difficult to build a device to shield oneself against the very high acceleration of a vehicle you're inside, than it would be to build a device to shield oneself against the heat at the surface of the Sun. And such an effective shield against heat is waaaaay beyond our current engineering capabilities.
Sure, we don't have any idea of even how to start building it. I'm just saying it doesn't fly in the face of physics.

Until they land here and begin a dialogue with humans, I'm calling bullshit on all of it. There are no implications for humanity until then. Even if aliens are visited or have visited, so what?

We haven't seen any benefit from it unless inspiration for sci-fi films is a benefit, which I guess it is. So thanks for that, aliens. The film industry and its audiences have been a little more entertained over the years due to your shadowy presence. Sure, technological and medical advances along with the world-changing perspective of your known presence would alter the entirety of human existence, but Close Encounters of the Third Kind is a motherfucking classic, so it's a fair exchange.

The UFO experts (many associated with this "whistleblower") have recently tried to claim that illumination flares over a target range were a huge "Triangle UAP". They also claimed that a train of newly launched starlink satellite whizzing by in low Earth orbit shortly after deployment were a 1/2 mile long "mothership" travelling through the atmosphere at 20,000 mph and that it was so massive that it was causing "gravitational lensing".

Oh, and have you seen the grifter assholes with their fake Skinwalker Ranch "wormhole" that they created by being stupid with LIDAR?

if they are so concerned with not being detected by radar, then why did they leave their exterior lights on making them clearly visible at night??
Like YOU never left a light on accidentally?

They also claimed that a train of newly launched starlink satellite whizzing by in low Earth orbit shortly after deployment were a 1/2 mile long "mothership" travelling through the atmosphere at 20,000 mph and that it was so massive that it was causing "gravitational lensing".
This is a classic example of how this is bullshit. They actually claimed an “upper limit” on gravitational lensing. But that’s still so ridiculous as to annihilate the credibility of whoever made the claim. The Sun only bends light by about one arcsecond and they’re saying they can get a useful upper limit on the lensing of background stars by a relatively small spacecraft using an iPhone video??

Might as well go weighing bacteria with a bathroom scale. To even claim that looking for lensing is a useful thing to do means that either the investigator is a total idiot or they’re just trying to spout ”sciency” words to impress the uneducated. Kind of like how Grusch claimed that perhaps the aliens are coming from the “extra dimensions” of quantum mechanics (which, by the way, it doesn’t have — string theory has it but that’d only be useful if string theory was actually correct and the aliens were smaller than atoms).

if they are so concerned with not being detected by radar, then why did they leave their exterior lights on making them clearly visible at night??
Like YOU never left a light on accidentally?
Maybe they left their spaceship door ajar and the dome light stayed on.
That’s what I was thinking. Might even be the fridge light in the galley - someone missed the “no snacking 6pm-6am” memo.

Didn't watch the hearing, but have seen Grusch interviewed elsewhere and he comes off as a credulous rube. If people did tell him the things he says, I wouldn't doubt they were putting him on because "Ol' Gullible Grusch will believe anything."

Being a military intelligence officer does not guarantee much for credibility when Qanon Michael Flynn was once head of the DIA.

Until they land here and begin a dialogue with humans, I'm calling bullshit on all of it. There are no implications for humanity until then. Even if aliens are visited or have visited, so what?

We haven't seen any benefit from it unless inspiration for sci-fi films is a benefit, which I guess it is. So thanks for that, aliens. The film industry and its audiences have been a little more entertained over the years due to your shadowy presence. Sure, technological and medical advances along with the world-changing perspective of your known presence would alter the entirety of human existence, but Close Encounters of the Third Kind is a motherfucking classic, so it's a fair exchange.
They've already been here.

144nos.jpg

Sure, we don't have any idea of even how to start building it. I'm just saying it doesn't fly in the face of physics.
It fits neatly into one of the very few gaps in our understanding of physics; Whether it is even hypothetically possible is unknown, which makes it somewhat less plausible than (for example) using antimatter as fuel, which is known to be hypothetically possible, albeit way beyond our current engineering capabilities.

You realize that this whole panel is simply a distraction from the fact that the Republicans aren't actually doing anything beneficial?

You realize that this whole panel is simply a distraction from the fact that the Republicans aren't actually doing anything beneficial?
At this point they're doing anything to distract from the fact that their titular Dear Leader is under multiple federal indictments and facing dozens of charges.

Their star witness in the "But Hunter Biden" case basically said "yeah, it looked shady, but the President didn't do anything wrong and nothing illegal happened."

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Congressional investigation into why the Barbie movie made so much money. Anything to distract from the trial(s) of the century. Anything.

don't forget, it also pushes the "Don't Trust The (democrats) Government" narrative.
This. This is the real goal.
Yep. This is why you get labeled a libtard disinfo shill if you debunk any stupid things these days from chemtrails to a UFO that is really a car headlight creating a reflection internal to the camera lens.

Back
Top Bottom