• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US House Panel Hearing on UFO/UAP sightings/reports

He said he was willing to give a list to the Congress people of specific people to talk to.
For more hearsay, or do they have the alien's iPhone?
I bet they have plenty of pictures of us! (You don't cross the universe without something at least as capable as an iPhone, I would think.)

If UFOs were real, geniuses like MTG, Boebert and Trump would be screaming at the top of their lungs for the formation of MAGA XCOM, as that's their solution to everything. Seeing as they are not, I think we're good when it comes to aliens.

He said he was willing to give a list to the Congress people of specific people to talk to.
For more hearsay, or do they have the alien's iPhone?
I bet they have plenty of pictures of us! (You don't cross the universe without something at least as capable as an iPhone, I would think.)
He says he spoke to direct witnesses. But those people aren’t coming forward as whistleblowers and they likely shared information they weren’t supposed to (if it even happened).

It’s funny also these aliens who have the technology to cross the vast gulfs of space and time and supposedly wow observers with starting and stopping and speeding away displays that supposedly defy all known physics keep having their craft .,. crash. And yet somehow they never crash in a heavily populated area where all sorts of people can see them and pull the bodies out of the wreckage.

This is an extraordinary claim - and I have seen far from extraordinary evidence.

The existing clips of blurry dots captured by air force, are not convincing of anything. Many have already been explained.

Analysis

A craft with those characteristics would not only need to use some form of faster than light propulsion but also need to control the gravity from ALL directions at once instantaneously to avoid the occupants becoming grease stains on the hull from the instantaneous acceleration.
All directions? No, it just needs a very high power drive that doesn't cause the passengers to feel acceleration. Just point it in the desired direction.

It makes much more sense to figure it's human frailties, though. I've "seen" a UFO: Woke up one night, there's a little red light jiggling about. Eventually I wake up enough to realize it's the indicator on the smoke alarm and not actually moving at all. Without a reference point human vision jiggles--and if you don't realize what's happening you can see whatever you're looking at jiggle. A night sky without stars can easily give you such a lack of reference.

Then there are the glasses fairies. Out at night, looking near the zenith. I keep seeing these fairy-like apparitions out of the corner of my eye but they vanish when I look at them. I finally figured it out--I was wearing progressive lenses and there are two zones on a progressive lens that do not give clear focus, period. It's the price you pay for the continiously variable focus as you go down the lens, your brain tunes them out. Except with looking to the zenith those zones were above the horizon and my brain lost the cues that it usually used to tune them out--the "fairies" were airplane lights distorted by the non-focusing part of the lens. (It's not merely out of focus, the blurring isn't symmetrical.)

Every conspiracy theory about a massive US government cover-up of something Earth shatteringly important, died when Donald J Trump became President.

That blowhard couldn't help but brag about it if it existed.

And if he somehow did manage to keep his mouth shut, the cleaning staff or visiting musicians at Mar-a-Lago would have let the cat out of the bag when they stumbled across the documents in the storage room where they stash their instruments before a gig.

If the US Government had an alien spacecraft in New Mexico, Trump wouldn't have stolen the plans for an invasion of Iran, while leaving the flying saucer stuff behind.

This is an extraordinary claim - and I have seen far from extraordinary evidence.

The existing clips of blurry dots captured by air force, are not convincing of anything. Many have already been explained.

Analysis
Regarding the Nimitz 2004 sighting.
If you watch the 60 Minutes episode, you'll know that three aircraft were reporting this sighting. Two pilots and then the (then XO) of the squadron went up. I think they refer to him as the CO. As I recall, his promotion was announced but was not official at the time.

For every half-baked speculation on what someone thinks they saw, there are equal numbers ready to speculate it away. It's comforting.

The fighter pilots who recorded and and immediately reported the Nimitz UAP are not some poorly educated, emotionally unglued individuals looking to make a name for themselves. They're navy fighter pilots and XO/COs at that. That is the name they've made for themselves. Not the type to start screaming, "I done saw a UFO". Poorly educated, emotionally unglued individuals do not get to become navy fighter pilots. And "I done saw a UFO" is not exactly a career enhancer.

A craft with those characteristics would not only need to use some form of faster than light propulsion but also need to control the gravity from ALL directions at once instantaneously to avoid the occupants becoming grease stains on the hull from the instantaneous acceleration.
All directions? No, it just needs a very high power drive that doesn't cause the passengers to feel acceleration. Just point it in the desired direction.
That doesn't match the description of the acceleration described in the OP. And gravity is probablyn the wrong word to describe the effect.

I think the political question is what impact this testimony will have. This is the political board, not the science board. Aliens visiting earth is bullshit. But now we have had some moron testifying that he witnessed non human remains Coming out of strange spacecraft. Yeah right. Anyone who denies it is part of the cover up.

Millions will now be convinced that aliens are among us and that the government is in a massive conspiracy to hide it from us. And they’re registered voters.

that’s the scary point.

I think the political question is what impact this testimony will have. This is the political board, not the science board. Aliens visiting earth is bullshit. But now we have had some moron testifying that he witnessed non human remains Coming out of strange spacecraft. Yeah right. Anyone who denies it is part of the cover up.

Millions will now be convinced that aliens are among us and that the government is in a massive conspiracy to hide it from us. And they’re registered voters.

that’s the scary point.
I think there is a very substantial degree of scientific illiteracy operating in these type claims. Sure, these guys are fighter pilots so they are highly skilled. But we have former astronauts making equally bizarre claims and some even out searching for Noah's Ark. Just because a person is highly skilled does not mean they understand the vast distances between stars, not to mention galaxies.

In one conversation I had with a family member who entertains these claims with a degree of credibility I decided to test his scientific knowledge about the distance to the nearest star and the time it would take for humans to travel there. His answer was four weeks. FOUR WEEKS! YIKES! Clearly he has no appreciation for basic facts when it comes to making decisions about such claims.

I'll will also admit that seemingly bizarre and unorthodox claims sometimes turn out to be accurate, such as Thomas Jefferson's sexual relationship with Sally Hemming or "Continental Drift (Plate Tectonics). Such claims are often first welcomed with ridicule and derision but then turn out to be accurate. Evolution via Natural Selection is also a qualifier.

The mechanism operating when it comes to understanding these claims about aliens with advanced technology and incredible powers is to be found behind the claimant's eyeballs, which is where we should be searching for answers, and certainly not by convening a congressional panel.

Grusch brought absolutely nothing new. Might as well believe Elizondo’s 29 Palms triangle UAP hoax.

He says he spoke to direct witnesses.
So does Rudi.
I know someone who firmly believes he was visited several times and abducted at least once by aliens. He's my old college roommate. I think I've told the story here before. He is an artist, and has done representations of his experiences in multiple formats, has illustrated UFO books, and has branched out into photography and paranormal research. I lived with him for 7 years, and he never mentioned any of this. He was just a creative guy with eclectic tastes.

The last year we lived together, he had a girlfriend who was even more eclectic. He called that last summer "the summer of acid," since they dropped LSD frequently. A few years later, his apartment caught fire as he slept, and he escaped the building after suffering some burns and smoke inhalation. He claims the trauma "triggered memories" of his abduction/visitations. He also "remembered" that one of those acid trips involved an alien. Now...was he really abducted? I suspect that it had a lot to do with PTSD and maybe the copious amounts of acid, but that's just a guess. I'm pretty sure he'd make a good "witness" for Congress, since he's a treasure trove of information and pro-UFO arguments.

My questions are: Is Grusch a true believer that is a patsy for the grifters like Knapp and Elizondo? Is he in on the grift? Is he part of deliberate disinfo scheme? Is it a foreign scheme to fuck with the intelligence apparatus?

Back
Top Bottom