• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

Of course even 99.9% of people are wrong if they don't happen to agree with you!

Not at all. But they are wrong if they don't agree with reality.

Being popular has no bearing on the truth value of a claim; and 'This person is capable of performing the duties of president' is a claim.

You could say the same in our case here in Aussie. Bill Shorten, the union stooge claims/believes he can be pm.

Not at all. But they are wrong if they don't agree with reality.

Being popular has no bearing on the truth value of a claim; and 'This person is capable of performing the duties of president' is a claim.

You could say the same in our case here in Aussie. Bill Shorten, the union stooge claims/believes he can be pm.

Do you have evidence that he can't?

Do you have evidence that he can't?
I saw him drinking a Foster's of all things. Do you need more evidence than that?

I'm not sure that that debars him from becoming PM; But it does raise doubts about his nationality - I am not aware of any Australian drinking Fosters, unless paid to do so by Fosters for advertising purposes.

Now some are discussing Calexit as a response to Trump being elected.

Of course 8 years ago anyone discussing Texit was derided as a sore looser and an uninformed idiot, but this is entirely different.
Heh, up in my neck of the woods, we all thought Texit was a great idea. And no backsies! There was even some discussion of chipping in some to make it happen...not officially of course.

I saw him drinking a Foster's of all things. Do you need more evidence than that?

I'm not sure that that debars him from becoming PM; But it does raise doubts about his nationality - I am not aware of any Australian drinking Fosters, unless paid to do so by Fosters for advertising purposes.

Doesn't that prove he's unsuitable to be pm? He's obviously taken a huge bribe from the makers of that horrible beer, not to mention the bribes emenating from union thugs!

Doesn't that prove he's unsuitable to be pm? He's obviously taken a huge bribe from the makers of that horrible beer, not to mention the bribes emenating from union thugs!

Your baseless slander is not evidence of anything other than your own (lack of) character.

Your baseless slander is not evidence of anything other than your own (lack of) character.
He admited it himself that were he to become pm, he would lead as if the country was a vast union! Remember, that only less than 16-17% of employees are in any union.

He admited it himself that were he to become pm, he would lead as if the country was a vast union! Remember, that only less than 16-17% of employees are in any union.

Pokes head out of "daz bunker" and looks around....

Yep, no change....

errrr....How 'bout dem Bulldogs in the Premiership

I for one, welcome our new Russian overlords

Later,
ElectEngr

Pokes head out of "daz bunker" and looks around....

Yep, no change....

errrr....How 'bout dem Bulldogs in the Premiership

I for one, welcome our new Russian overlords

Later,
ElectEngr

Seeing that the Bulldogs coach was a formert assistant at the mighty Hawthorn FC, if the Hawks couldn't make it four straight, then it was the second best outcome. :)

Jesse Jackson calls for Obama to pardon Hillary Clinton before leaving office - even though he insists she hasn't done anything wrong

But I thought she didn't do anything, so didn't need any sort of pardon. Everything she did was "no story" or "Republican hype." What could she possibly need a pardon for?

Well, the reason that she couldn't give a concession speech the night of the election was that she got angry about the loss and ripped the head off of one of her campaign workers and ate him. Even though she's a Clinton, that still technically counts as murder. It's best that Obama give her the pardon for that since having Trump do it might annoy his base and start his administration off on the wrong foot.

Kanye West says something sensible and not self-promoting.

"I just said that I would have voted for Donald Trump and then I did a song and y'all sang it at the top of your lungs," he noted. "That doesn't mean that you're a Trump supporter. That just means you ok with a celebrity having their own opinion. Or that someone else is ok to have their own opinion. That might not be your opinion but you can still like that person or still like that person's music."

Wow.

Jesse Jackson calls for Obama to pardon Hillary Clinton before leaving office - even though he insists she hasn't done anything wrong

But I thought she didn't do anything, so didn't need any sort of pardon. Everything she did was "no story" or "Republican hype." What could she possibly need a pardon for?
Well, you need to ask Jesse Jackson. If Mr. Jackson is worried about a Republican witchhunt, a pardon would be insufficient, she'd need to given blanket immunity.

Kanye West says something sensible and not self-promoting.

"I just said that I would have voted for Donald Trump and then I did a song and y'all sang it at the top of your lungs," he noted. "That doesn't mean that you're a Trump supporter. That just means you ok with a celebrity having their own opinion. Or that someone else is ok to have their own opinion. That might not be your opinion but you can still like that person or still like that person's music."

Wow.
I certainly applaud such accepting tolerance.

But I doubt it will be understood by that demonstrator with a red face, veins sticking out, screaming "not my president" while holding a "Love Trumps Hate" sign. - though he/she will also not recognize the irony of that either.

I just want to see someone beat a guy to death with a Love Trumps Hate sign.

I just want to see someone beat a guy to death with a Love Trumps Hate sign.

I gotta say that I love your Tom Sawyerisms. A master of pithy one liners exposing absurdity.

But this one we may yet see if one of those emotionally distraught, unthinking mobs runs into a little old lady in a wheelchair who is wearing a "Make America great again" tee-shirt and dares to disagree with them.

After all, disagreeing with a dedicated progressive is intolerable hate speech that merits punishment.

Back
Top Bottom