• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

No charges :as yet: have been announced, but she was criticized for her careless use of her private server in emailgate!
Yeah, meanwhile Trump settled at a $26 million fraud case about a fake school he ran.

EMAILS!!!!

The whole Hilary mail thing is bizarre. I've got a work computer and a work phone. I constantly forget the regulations and use my private stuff for work mail. Which is extraordinarily forbidden. I've worked in a string of high security extremely sensitive projects and mistakes happen. The best of us do it, and she's just a politician. She's not even an engineer. Give her a break.

Yeah, meanwhile Trump settled at a $26 million fraud case about a fake school he ran.

EMAILS!!!!

The whole Hilary mail thing is bizarre. I've got a work computer and a work phone. I constantly forget the regulations and use my private stuff for work mail. Which is extraordinarily forbidden. I've worked in a string of high security extremely sensitive projects and mistakes happen. The best of us do it, and she's just a politician. She's not even an engineer. Give her a break.

And many other politicians, both Democrats and Republicans, even those in her specific position, have used their private email accounts for their business. It's not like she was going rogue.

EMAILS!!!!

I don't personally think it's a big deal, but I do think there is a general double-standard in the government. Lower-level people would certainly have gotten their heads chopped off for similar infractions. While I don't think it makes her a monster, it certainly didn't help with the perception of her as being an Establishment Washington Insider.

I don't personally think it's a big deal, but I do think there is a general double-standard in the government. Lower-level people would certainly have gotten their heads chopped off for similar infractions. While I don't think it makes her a monster, it certainly didn't help with the perception of her as being an Establishment Washington Insider.

No, they wouldn't. At most an investigation would have been started. Once a guy was set on investigating me. He sat in an office right behind me, door wide open, with his screen clearly visible by me and chatting with me about this'n'that the whole time. Most of the time they're just going through the motions, just so they can say that they've followed protocol. This is especially true in government agencies. The rules only really exist so they have a tool to get to people they really suspect. That's when they get all finicky about protocol. I've been the target of one of those as well. I was squeaky clean. So nothing came of that.

Are you seriously using this news site to bolster your argument?
That was one of many sources that I could have linked to. Seriously, Angelo, do you have ANY evidence that she votes like Phyllis Schlafly? If she did, then I don't think that she'd be worthy of being called a feminist.
Wasn't Phyllis Schlafley also allowed to decide what feminism meant for her?

LOL. Hillary didn't make a mistake.

Oh come on now, it is easy to accidentally go to the trouble and expense of setting up private server in their basement and hiring a private firm to manage it. Everyone has done that haven't they?

Oh come on now, it is easy to accidentally go to the trouble and expense of setting up private server in their basement and hiring a private firm to manage it. Everyone has done that haven't they?

I know when I start a new job I always refuse to take the email address the company provides and pay a bunch of people to set up a private server in my basement because it's so much more cheap and convenient.

Hiring a private firm to manage government data which is a potential breach of security? What is wrong a bit of common sense where key persons have remote and secure encrypted access to the department server out of hours.

Hiring a private firm to manage government data which is a potential breach of security?

Isn't that standard operating procedure? Think Booz Allen Hamilton of Edward Snowden fame.

Hiring a private firm to manage government data which is a potential breach of security?

Isn't that standard operating procedure? Think Booz Allen Hamilton of Edward Snowden fame.

No it's not standard procedure. Then there's the small matter of around 33.000 emails that were "deleted." Or missing.
By the way, the final votes count is Trump won 57% of the college vote. 306 to Clintons 232.

No it's not standard procedure. Then there's the small matter of around 33.000 emails that were "deleted." Or missing.
By the way, the final votes count is Trump won 57% of the college vote. 306 to Clintons 232.

Yes, private firms handling such data happens all the time. That is why if you are serious about your career in The Beltway you need a clearance.

Yes, private firms handling such data happens all the time. That is why if you are serious about your career in The Beltway you need a clearance.
True. Private contractors do a lot of government work but they are employed by government agencies not individuals. Those maintaining secure servers are working with servers in secured and guarded government buildings and are overseen by government security personnel.

Last edited:
She has also lied through her teeth about being a feminist when she has accepted donations from Islamic countries where the females, not to mention human rights are a joke!
I'd throw her in jail for that, because had she been anyone else she would be!

What is illegal about this?

Also, see my sig...

So, it is highly unusual for private firms like Booz Allen Hamilton to manage government data? Well, at the very least it isn't unprecedented. What do you suspect was in the deleted emails? And couldn't these emails be found by whoever the recipients were, assuming that they didn't delete them too? There's much talk about the emails, but very little discussion of what the real-world impacts of them have been.

I'm not sure what the non sequitur about the electoral college is supposed to add to this conversation.

When I was a contractor for the government, I did handle classified data. I handled it on a government computer at a government desk in a government office, but I was a contractor handling government data.

Other contractors may have something different to report. Part of my in-processing briefing included "Don't you mix the data, don't do it. Don't put company data on the government computer, don't put government data on the company computer, and don't you dare put either of them on your personal computer."

When I was a contractor for the government, I did handle classified data. I handled it on a government computer at a government desk in a government office, but I was a contractor handling government data.

Other contractors may have something different to report. Part of my in-processing briefing included "Don't you mix the data, don't do it. Don't put company data on the government computer, don't put government data on the company computer, and don't you dare put either of them on your personal computer."

Isn't that exactly what Clinton did?

Isn't that exactly what Clinton did?

What is this, an infomercial?

Back
Top Bottom