• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

When I was a contractor for the government, I did handle classified data. I handled it on a government computer at a government desk in a government office, but I was a contractor handling government data.

Other contractors may have something different to report. Part of my in-processing briefing included "Don't you mix the data, don't do it. Don't put company data on the government computer, don't put government data on the company computer, and don't you dare put either of them on your personal computer."

Isn't that exactly what Clinton did?

I never put government data on my work computer. She accidentally put a private server in her basement, accidentally put government data on the private server, accidentally mixed data, and the whole time did absolutely nothing wrong I am sure.

They had the time (8 years) to make sure that the system was hack proof. Apparently they didn't...But why didn't they?

Given your new leader's pressing concerns about the legitimacy of the electoral process, I'm sure that the full weight of the United States' government will be tasked with taking a hard look into that and delivering the American people some serious answers on the matter.

They had the time (8 years) to make sure that the system was hack proof. Apparently they didn't...But why didn't they?

Given your new leader's pressing concerns about the legitimacy of the electoral process, I'm sure that the full weight of the United States' government will be tasked with taking a hard look into that and delivering the American people some serious answers on the matter.

Oh I'm sure he'll put a stop to that nonsense...No more elections will stop that completely!

Maybe the real irregularity is that Clinton received 7% more votes where paper ballots were used?

The facts are, that Trump received 57% of the college vote! 302 ec votes to Hillary 232!

Not so fast..

http://ijr.com/wildfire/2016/11/742944-the-fate-of-michigans-election-is-finally-in-we-have-a-winner-in-tightest-race-in-state-history/

The Fate of Michigan's Election is Finally In--And We Have a Winner in Tightest Race in State History

... snip ...

Trump will be the first Republican presidential candidate to win the State of Michigan since 1988. The major vote totals, as they stand:

Donald J. Trump, Republican: 2,279,543
Hillary Clinton, Democratic: 2,268,839
Gary Johnson, Libertarian: 172,136
Jill Stein, Green: 51,463

... snip ...

News: Jill Stein's going to file for a recount in WI, MI & PA if she can raise the money—will announce on FB shortly.

Maybe Stein got more than 51,453 votes in MI and actually won the state. ;)

Not so fast..

http://ijr.com/wildfire/2016/11/742944-the-fate-of-michigans-election-is-finally-in-we-have-a-winner-in-tightest-race-in-state-history/

The Fate of Michigan's Election is Finally In--And We Have a Winner in Tightest Race in State History

... snip ...

Trump will be the first Republican presidential candidate to win the State of Michigan since 1988. The major vote totals, as they stand:

... snip ...

News: Jill Stein's going to file for a recount in WI, MI & PA if she can raise the money—will announce on FB shortly.

Lol

Not so fast..

... snip ...

... snip ...

Good point. WTF is with Stein? There's no way in hell a recount is going to make her the winner of the state, and if she cared about keeping the Republicans from winning the state she would have been working with the Democrats before the election. Unless she's totally naïve to how our elections work, she has to know she has no chance whatsoever of carrying any state or winning the election. If she's so naïve to think otherwise she's not fit to be in the office she was seeking. Naiveté is being charitable, IMO, when describing Stein.

The Democrats need to move on and work towards making some gains in 2018. Every day the Dems are not working on 2018 is a day wasted. Those elections are less than 2 years away; get to work Dems. Start with getting better and newer leadership at the DNC, then work on recruiting candidates with a realistic chance of winning the offices being sought.

Not so fast..

... snip ...

... snip ...

I can't believe that over 51.000 people actually believe in Cinderella and living in LA LA land!

Not so fast..

I can't believe that over 51.000 people actually believe in Cinderella and living in LA LA land!

Does she think that 2 million votes were miscounted or maybe she should have gotten an extra 100 or so votes. At least Trump didn't complain about the outcome.

Does she think that 2 million votes were miscounted or maybe she should have gotten an extra 100 or so votes. At least Trump didn't complain about the outcome.
Personal opinion only:

Although Stein holds some off-the-wall beliefs I don't think she is actually daft enough to think that she may have won the State. I think she is in denial that Clinton lost and thinks or hopes that a recount will give Clinton the victory (shades of Florida 2000). This is likely driven by the guilty realization that if the votes for the Green party had instead been for the Democrats then Clinton would have won MI. I see this as further evidence for her delusion, believing that those who voted for her party would have voted Democrat if she had not run - Green party voters were actually protest, Never Hillary, voters or their base who reject both major political parties so more likely would have just not voted or maybe even voted for another third party.

Last edited:
Personal opinion only:

Although Stein holds some off-the-wall beliefs I don't think she is actually daft enough to think that she may have won the State. I think she is in denial that Clinton lost and thinks or hopes that a recount will give Clinton the victory (shades of Florida 2000). This is likely driven by the guilty realization that if the votes for the Green party had instead been for the Democrats then Clinton would have won MI. I see this as further evidence for her delusion, believing that those who voted for her party would have voted Democrat if she had not run - Green party voters were actually protest, Never Hillary, voters or their base who reject both major political parties so more likely would have just not voted or maybe even voted for another third party.

Hey, doesn't mean that we won't blame her for next year's war with Iran and the one with North Korea the year after that. Also, it'll be her fault that the US shot some missiles at Barbados because Trump didn't like some cartoon that came out of there.

Personal opinion only:

Hey, doesn't mean that we won't blame her for next year's war with Iran and the one with North Korea the year after that. Also, it'll be her fault that the US shot some missiles at Barbados because Trump didn't like some cartoon that came out of there.

:D

Maybe it was the choice between either wars with Iran and North Korea or a war with Russia. Us in the US just gotta have a war going on somewhere and the first two would be less disruptive to our trying to keep up with what the kardashians are up to so, of course, Trump had to win.

Back
Top Bottom