• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

Your disdain for Australian intelligence is noted. Regards Islam, I suggest you read a reliable translation of the Hadith's, the Quran and what Islamic imams are teaching in their mosques.
Islam is not so much a religion, as a ideology that is never going to be compatible with Western democracy and culture. All the polling suggests that most Moslems support sharia. In other words they wish to destroy the democracy they escaped to and supplement it with their barbaric, freedom destroying ideology.
Unless the anti immigration politicians get a foothold in the coming Netherlands, French and German elections, our unique spot in history will witness the end of Western civilization within a century.
My disdain for Western intelligence (and in particular ASIO) is well founded. Their ability to discover terrorist plots before they are executed is minimal - because that task is frankly almost impossible. But their funding depends upon that ability, and the nature of their work means that they can embellish their accomplishments without fear of contradiction. When someone tells you that he routinely achieves a very difficult goal, but refuses to provide details of how he does it (or even what, exactly, he did), it is unwise to take his word for it.

I suggest you read the Bible; You will find that it also describes an religion that is never going to be compatible with Western democracy and culture. Fortunately, most Christians, Jews and Muslims don't actually try to follow the rules set out in their 'holy' books. Unfortunately, you seem incapabale of grasping this simple fact, at least when it comes to Islam.

The polling suggests that most Christians support a biblical foundation for the law; Observing the behaviour of Christians suggests that they are lying.

Your pessimism about the robustness of Western civilization is completely without foundation in reality.

Everybody lies. The security forces lie, the respondents to polls lie, politicians lie, reporters lie, you lie, I lie. That's why smart people don't take other people's word for things - they go out and check for themselves. And when they can't check for themselves, they assess the likelihood that a particular claim is true based on how well (or how badly) it fits into the framework of things already known to be true. The difference between smart people and everyone else is that smart people don't give unwarranted weight to their preconceptions and prejudices - the fewer assumptions you treat as axioms, the better the chances that your conclusions will match reality.

Treating as axiomatic the assumption that Islam is somehow vastly worse than Christianity leads you to a number of very poor conclusions. But you refuse to examine this assumption openly and honestly. Why is that? Are you frightened that you might turn out to be wrong about a lot of things that you have publicly proclaimed? If so, don't fret - we already know that you are wrong, so the loss of face if you changed your mind would be very slight.

We know that anti-immigration politicians are very damaging to the Western culture you seem so keen to protect. The cure is worse than the disease. If you shoot someone in the head, it will certainly eliminate their head cold; but that doesn't make it a sensible treatment.

My disdain for Western intelligence (and in particular ASIO) is well founded. Their ability to discover terrorist plots before they are executed is minimal - because that task is frankly almost impossible. But their funding depends upon that ability, and the nature of their work means that they can embellish their accomplishments without fear of contradiction. When someone tells you that he routinely achieves a very difficult goal, but refuses to provide details of how he does it (or even what, exactly, he did), it is unwise to take his word for it.

518hQ8KxP9L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

May I repeat what the right has to say on the matter? I will anyway: not all Muslims are terrorist, but most terrorist are from the followers of Mohammad the pedophile and terrorist.
According to these followers, the sadistic pedo was the most perfect man ever, and for every moslem a perfect example to follow.
One doesn't have to look far to see where terrorist groups such as Islamic state are coming from.
Because of security in the West being on the ball, many terrorist attempts have been nipped in the bud.
Its because of Islamic ideology not been compatible with Western culture that there will always be terrorist attempts at least, in the Western world.

In the unlikely event that I wanted a second-hand account of what Muslims believe and how they behave, you would be the last person on my list of sources for such information. The depth of your ignorance is exceeded only by the scale of your unreasoning and unfounded fear.

You have no more idea than I how many, or how few, terrorist attacks are 'nipped in the bud'. But your belief that it is a lot implies that you have a much higher opinion of the abilities of our intelligence agencies than is justified by what little evidence we have about their actions.

Terrorists will exist as long as there are people with passionate beliefs who have little to lose. Islam doesn't enter into it - terrorists existed before Islam, and they will likely exist long after Islam is a footnote in history.

Yeah, we do. We know that trying to "nip terrorism in the bud" is a waste of time. It couldn't even work hypothetically. What we have in the west is security theatre. Whenever we do manage to nip an attack in the bud it's always because of Muslims inside the cell who have a change of heart. Which happens now and again

We've been over this. Jihadwatch is news in the same way Fox News or the Bible is

So we shoot the messenger? Please point out where the errors in the report are!

Me and others on this forum have indulged you enough times with your idiotic Jihadwatch articles. Each time they've been examined they've been shown to be complete bollocks.

"An Islamic cleric" is not an ordained minister. It's just a guy recognised by at least a handful people to be knowledgeable about Islam and Islamic law. More likely I'm guessing this is just any random dude who told he was a cleric to the reporter. Just Google the guys name. He's not known for anything else. Don't you think that if he was attached to a Mosque, they'd at least have his name on their website? I suspect that the only place this guy interprets Sharia law is in his mom's basement with his teddy bears.

Do you never check sources? Of course you don't. Silly question.

I'm going to start calling Trump "President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho" from now on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38632485

Mistake by Merkel is an understatement there isn't enough housing let alone schools and hospitals to pack more people in. In an ideal world it's great to have lots of different people entering the UK to live but that is a pipe dream not rooted in reality.
The UK is probably worse. For example Ealing council filled up its houses with refugees. Now a person cannot register unless they have lived in the borough for 5 years.
British citizens who have worked abroad and return cannot claim benefit if they are unemployed or register for housing. Not all Britons who work abroad are rich. They can get housing if they can demonstrate they intend to live and work in Britain. It is called the Habitual Test thanks to EU Laws.

A Briton who earns less than £18,000 per year cannot bring a foreign wife into the country to live. A European worker who earns less thant £18,000.00 per year can bring a foreign wife into the UK to live. This in part possibly contributed a little to the Leave Vote.
Now in the UK it is now the first time for many years the younger generation is poorer than their earlier one.
I don't see any major changes in France apart from the rise of the right wing :)

I'm going to start calling Trump "President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho" from now on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38632485

Mistake by Merkel is an understatement there isn't enough housing let alone schools and hospitals to pack more people in. In an ideal world it's great to have lots of different people entering the UK to live but that is a pipe dream not rooted in reality.
The UK is probably worse. For example Ealing council filled up its houses with refugees. Now a person cannot register unless they have lived in the borough for 5 years.
British citizens who have worked abroad and return cannot claim benefit if they are unemployed or register for housing. Not all Britons who work abroad are rich. They can get housing if they can demonstrate they intend to live and work in Britain. It is called the Habitual Test thanks to EU Laws.

A Briton who earns less than £18,000 per year cannot bring a foreign wife into the country to live. A European worker who earns less thant £18,000.00 per year can bring a foreign wife into the UK to live. This in part possibly contributed a little to the Leave Vote.
Now in the UK it is now the first time for many years the younger generation is poorer than their earlier one.
I don't see any major changes in France apart from the rise of the right wing :)

Oh, for fucks sake, what is it about Syria being at war that's so fucking hard to grasp!?!

I'm willing to pay a bit extra if it means averting a humanitarian disaster. Demanding that we make a profit from helping desperate people in need is distasteful. It's nice if we do. But perhaps the main focus should be on saving lives?

Considering the grief that Germany put the world through in WW2, I'd say they're not really in a good position to start being dicks.

It's simply a question of being a good neighbor.

Not taking in Syrian refugees is like, after the Katrina hurricane, that we put walls up around New Orleans to prevent help from reaching people. Because they have themselves to blame. We get the world we deserve. If we don't show brotherly love between nations everything will go to shit. All the good-will and spirit built after WW2 will just get pissed away. And we'll get back to the hyper paranoid world before WW1. Which lead to WW1.

Oh, for fucks sake, what is it about Syria being at war that's so fucking hard to grasp!?!

I'm willing to pay a bit extra if it means averting a humanitarian disaster. Demanding that we make a profit from helping desperate people in need is distasteful. It's nice if we do. But perhaps the main focus should be on saving lives?

Considering the grief that Germany put the world through in WW2, I'd say they're not really in a good position to start being dicks.

Not taking in Syrian refugees is like, after the Katrina hurricane, that we put walls up around New Orleans to prevent help from reaching people. Because they have themselves to blame. We get the world we deserve. If we don't show brotherly love between nations everything will go to shit. All the good-will and spirit built after WW2 will just get pissed away. And we'll get back to the hyper paranoid world before WW1. Which lead to WW1.

Taking refugees as such is not a problem. The government didn't build enough houses and now British people who return to the UK are left behind be it a few tens of thousands.

Last year something like 686,000 arrived in the UK from the EU ahd other countries. Did Merkel ever consider that if we are driving people into Europe we should think about building more houses?

Taking refugees as such is not a problem. The government didn't build enough houses and now British people who return to the UK are left behind be it a few tens of thousands.

Last year something like 686,000 arrived in the UK from the EU ahd other countries. Did Merkel ever consider that if we are driving people into Europe we should think about building more houses?

Yes, we need to house refugees. That costs money. Money we can use from the disaster relief fund. Do you have a point?

Yes, we need to house refugees. That costs money. Money we can use from the disaster relief fund. Do you have a point?

You would be talking about several hundreds of thousands of houses
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34311522
comes as a BBC Inside Out investigation reveals the scale of the UK's housing crisis.
The National Housing Federation estimated 974,000 homes were needed between 2011 and 2014 but figures from 326 councils showed only 457,490 were built

At the moment many councils are telling people to use private houses but the subsidies which are capped sometimes does not match the price.
Unemployed and those on just a state pension find it very difficult for most landlords to accept them.

Added to this Ownership seems to be trending downwards and private renting going up

https://www.parliament.uk/business/...iament-2015/social-protection/housing-supply/

Estimates put the need for additional housing in England at between 232,000 to 300,000 new units per year, a level not reached since the late 1970s and two to three times current supply.
Social housing: Affordable v social rents

Since local authorities stopped building homes in large numbers, non-profit making housing associations are mainly responsible for building new social housing. They do so principally using central government subsidies together with private finance.

The October 2010 Spending Review reduced the capital subsidy available up to 2014-15 for the development of new affordable housing to £4.5 billion (down from £8.4 billion over the period of the previous Spending Review). But housing associations were encouraged to build properties with rent levels at up to 80% of market rents instead of social rents (which are typically half the market rate).

This additional revenue can be reinvested in new-build; therefore, reduced capital subsidy has been partly counterbalanced by this new rental model. Bidding for the 2011-15 round was well subscribed, but looks to be less enthusiastic for the £3.3 billion allocated for 2015-18.

The scale of the disaster runs into tens of billions of pounds which is more than the 3.3b
The EU gave a few million Euros to Greece for Refugees such as humanitarian aid. Europe is now a disaster area

I am not sure how affected the NHS is but there seems to be shortages of beds etc per media reports but I haven't seen the details
Does the EU hold trillions for a disaster fund for European countries

We should help refugees as reparations in many cases for helping to cause wars in their countries

comes as a BBC Inside Out investigation reveals the scale of the UK's housing crisis.
The National Housing Federation estimated 974,000 homes were needed between 2011 and 2014 but figures from 326 councils showed only 457,490 were built

At the moment many councils are telling people to use private houses but the subsidies which are capped sometimes does not match the price.
Unemployed and those on just a state pension find it very difficult for most landlords to accept them.

Added to this Ownership seems to be trending downwards and private renting going up

https://www.parliament.uk/business/...iament-2015/social-protection/housing-supply/

Estimates put the need for additional housing in England at between 232,000 to 300,000 new units per year, a level not reached since the late 1970s and two to three times current supply.

Since local authorities stopped building homes in large numbers, non-profit making housing associations are mainly responsible for building new social housing. They do so principally using central government subsidies together with private finance.

The October 2010 Spending Review reduced the capital subsidy available up to 2014-15 for the development of new affordable housing to £4.5 billion (down from £8.4 billion over the period of the previous Spending Review). But housing associations were encouraged to build properties with rent levels at up to 80% of market rents instead of social rents (which are typically half the market rate).

This additional revenue can be reinvested in new-build; therefore, reduced capital subsidy has been partly counterbalanced by this new rental model. Bidding for the 2011-15 round was well subscribed, but looks to be less enthusiastic for the £3.3 billion allocated for 2015-18.

The scale of the disaster runs into tens of billions of pounds which is more than the 3.3b
The EU gave a few million Euros to Greece for Refugees such as humanitarian aid. Europe is now a disaster area

I am not sure how affected the NHS is but there seems to be shortages of beds etc per media reports but I haven't seen the details

We should help refugees as reparations in many cases for helping to cause wars in their countries

The public housing shortages in the UK pre-date the arrival of Syrian refugees by several decades, and have fuck all to do with refugees or with immigrants, and everything to do with deliberate and massive underfunding that has been going on a LEAST since the 1970s to my certain knowledge.

Or was the five year waiting list for a council flat in Leeds in 1988 caused by the influx of refugees from Syria in 2015 via their time machines?

The public housing shortages in the UK pre-date the arrival of Syrian refugees by several decades, and have fuck all to do with refugees or with immigrants, and everything to do with deliberate and massive underfunding that has been going on a LEAST since the 1970s to my certain knowledge.

Or was the five year waiting list for a council flat in Leeds in 1988 caused by the influx of refugees from Syria in 2015 via their time machines?

Your could go back to the 1970s but contrasted to this there were even more empty properties waiting years to be demolished and others idle (Occupation of Centrepoint London).. It does but this has been accelerated. There is nothing wrong with housing refugees It is wrong to discriminate against Britons returning after working abroad and treating them as Aliens. NB it was the government (Norman Tebbit) during the Thatcher era who told people to get on their bikes and look for jobs even outside their home area

Britain needs close on one million homes bu 2020
The government housing minister pledged to build these
https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk...s-1-million-new-homes-by-2020/8689157.article
However it can only achieve this once it starts any serious building.
After paying its dues and taking into account rebates the UK is paying GBP31m a day to the Euro-Mafia and continues to borrow from the world banksters.

I still don't see you having a point here. Refugees are refugees. We'll just have to figure out a way, won't we?

I still don't see you having a point here. Refugees are refugees. We'll just have to figure out a way, won't we?

There is no problem with refugees who are here for asylum. The problem is the government not taking steps for the influx and taking action against illegal entrants. In addition British citizens who work abroad have been caught up in this.

The refugee given the right to stay has equal rights to any citizen and should be treated as a virtual citizen as the only thing missing is a passport. However tens of thousands of British people who worked abroad for more than 3 months are now being tested when they return to the UK if they intend to work and live in the UK. In addition they cannot open new bank accounts until they have a property in their name. Staying at a relative does not always count as having an address.

Illegals without a work contract or have correctly sought asylum should of course be refused at the border.

There is no problem with refugees who are here for asylum. The problem is the government not taking steps for the influx and taking action against illegal entrants. In addition British citizens who work abroad have been caught up in this.

Still not an argument not to help refugees

The refugee given the right to stay has equal rights to any citizen and should be treated as a virtual citizen as the only thing missing is a passport. However tens of thousands of British people who worked abroad for more than 3 months are now being tested when they return to the UK if they intend to work and live in the UK. In addition they cannot open new bank accounts until they have a property in their name. Staying at a relative does not always count as having an address.

I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Also not an argument against helping refugees.

Illegals without a work contract or have correctly sought asylum should of course be refused at the border.

Yes, but the fact that migrants are exploiting the situation isn't an argument not to help genuine refugees. We'll just have to figure out a way to cope.

Back
Top Bottom