• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

One thing I like about this whole republican nominee zoo is that we can finally see how big the respective voting blocs that have made up the republican party really are. Some polls put Trump at 33%. Others at 25. Add Cruz's 4-5% or so, and we have the anti-government crypto-racist tea party. The neocons, religious wing and the big business groups seem to be more fragmented, and probably, smaller.

Ho Ho, Ha Ha!

This is an excellent point about how to analyze the voters based on who they are backing. What percentage of the voters i America are strictly greedy haters? Wellll, there's your sign.

It's actually the same number it has always been, isn't it? About 25%.

Will Trump be hurt by calling Megyn Kelly out on her period?

The Collapse of Megyn Kelly

To: E. Pluribus Unum

Q: Why does Megyn Kelly have legs?

A: So she doesn’t leave a snail trail.

8 posted on ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎03‎:‎22‎ ‎AM by T-Bone Texan ('Zionists crept into my home and stole my shoe' - Headline)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

No.

I think we have lost track of the meaning of FREE. That really means without cost. So what about all this bought and paid for speech is is just that bought speech...not so free. It also is "comb-over" ugly.

That's a different definition of free which is unrelated to its usage in the term free speech. That means exempt external interference and restriction.

Is it, though? I take your point about equivocation, but my voice in how our country is run is restricted in comparison to someone with large sums of wealth to throw at a candidate. Over 50% of campaign donations come from wealthy contributors now. Am I supposed to believe that what I have to say matters to Scott Walker as much say, as the Koch brothers?

- - - Updated - - -

8 posted on ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎03‎:‎22‎ ‎AM by T-Bone Texan ('Zionists crept into my home and stole my shoe' - Headline)

No.

I agree, this has nothing to do with a sudden concern for sexism, as evidenced by the fact that no conservative cared one purple monkey shit what was said about Rosie O'Donnel.

That's a different definition of free which is unrelated to its usage in the term free speech. That means exempt external interference and restriction.

Is it, though? I take your point about equivocation, but my voice in how our country is run is restricted in comparison to someone with large sums of wealth to throw at a candidate. Over 50% of campaign donations come from wealthy contributors now. Am I supposed to believe that what I have to say matters to Scott Walker as much say, as the Koch brothers?

Of course you don't. That's not related to the concept of free speech, however, since both you and the Koch brothers are equally unrestrained in what you're allowed to say. They are, of course, more equal than you in how much what they say matters to the decision makers but free speech is about not forcing you to stop saying something and it isn't about forcing people to listen to you when they don't want to.

No.
Geesh, from there they almost are starting to get that Fox has an agenda.

No.

From that page:

Game-of-Thrones-Lena-Headey.jpg

Not all in Israel believe that the deal is anti-Israel. See here.

On the other hand the hardliners in Israel and in the US have been wrong about everything so far, predicting, incorrectly, that Iran has been only a year away from building a bomb for each of the last 9 or 10 years. That they are in agreement with the hardliners in Iran, the mullahs, who support Iran building a bomb and who also oppose the deal.

Couple that with the fact that conservatives in the US have opposed every disarmament treaty for the last fifty years, including the ones negotiated by their great otherwise infallible leader, Reagan. And you can see why we have no reason to assume that anything that the conservatives and hardliners say is valid. Why they deserve to be ignored.
The ending of sanctions is never mentioned. It frees up billions of US dollars for Iran to export terrorism throughout
The Middle East and elsewhere.

And to import medicine and food.

Do you think that Halevy and Ayalon didn't realize the entire purpose of the proposed treaty is to lift the sanctions?

At least you couldn't find any fault with my point that conservatives oppose every disarmament treaty without fail and that this is sufficient reason to ignore them.

Why wouldn't he run as a republican? He's pro-life, anti-tax, anti-Iran deal, favors US boots on the ground in the ME, anti immigration, anti ACA, and very pro-business.

The bolded explain why he could run as a Democrat.

Actually, it turns out, that some of his positions changed when he decided to flirt with running for president in 2012. He was pro-choice and pro UHC. Of course, some people who are pro UHC are anti ACA, so he might still be anti ACA. And he was anti-gun (people around here call it pro-gun-control for some reason). Suddenly many of his positions changed so that he could run Republican. And everyone here is eating it up.

Are the Republicans all extreme right wing , or is there a wing with a more central position like we have in Australia in both our major parties?

I have no thing intelligent to add,but does Trump not hold his mouth like he's waiting for a penis?

Holy crap!

CNN just described a Trump event as having a "huge turnout" of 2000 people. Yet glossing over Sanders getting ten times that amount.

I have no thing intelligent to add,but does Trump not hold his mouth like he's waiting for a penis?

I've always thought Donald Trump's mouth looks like an anus; and given the shit that spews out of it, I think that's accurate.

Are the Republicans all extreme right wing , or is there a wing with a more central position like we have in Australia in both our major parties?
The Republican has two wings, the establishment (Jeb Bush/Mitt Romney) and the non-partisan/death to the Democrats (Ted Cruz/Tea Party). Oddly enough, you rarely see any establishment Republicans except for the Presidential election.

The exaggeration of this is more told in the House than the Senate. In the Senate, they just wanted to destroy Obama. In the House, they wanted the country to burn to blame Obama.

Poll: Bernie Sanders surges ahead of Hillary Clinton in N.H., 44-37

Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders has rocketed past longtime front-runner Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, a stunning turn in a race once considered a lock for the former secretary of state, a new Franklin Pierce University/Boston Herald poll shows.

The poll is +/- 4.7%. That seems kind of high. It's been ages since my last statistics course but that margin of error seems a little high.

Anyways, don't forget that Bernie is unelectable guys! :rolleyes:

Poll: Bernie Sanders surges ahead of Hillary Clinton in N.H., 44-37

Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders has rocketed past longtime front-runner Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, a stunning turn in a race once considered a lock for the former secretary of state, a new Franklin Pierce University/Boston Herald poll shows.

The poll is +/- 4.7%. That seems kind of high. It's been ages since my last statistics course but that margin of error seems a little high.

Anyways, don't forget that Bernie is unelectable guys! :rolleyes:
442 people polled, hence the higher margin of error, but the result seems to imply it is tight. Must remember, NH is next door, so they'll have much better recognition of who Sanders is.

Holy crap!

CNN just described a Trump event as having a "huge turnout" of 2000 people. Yet glossing over Sanders getting ten times that amount.
To note the Sanders turnout is to call into question the inevitable candidate.
Why are almost all people who are against Clinton saying this is a coronation?

Isn't the reality that the Republican clown training camp is just so much more entertaining to the general public the reason why it is getting much more press?

Back
Top Bottom