• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Vague Threats, Direct Threats, Insults...

All that can be done is a change of the majority in Congress, in 2 years.

Trump is igniting a fire under a lot of people who would have voted against him but stayed home.

The Dems would have to pick up 19 seats in the Senate to Convict. Conviction requires a 2/3 majority of the Senate. (Unless Cheetolini realy pisses off a lot of the GOP)

Later,
ElectEngr

That's unlikely, but taking control of the Senate is enough.

Trump is igniting a fire under a lot of people who would have voted against him but stayed home.

The Dems would have to pick up 19 seats in the Senate to Convict. Conviction requires a 2/3 majority of the Senate. (Unless Cheetolini realy pisses off a lot of the GOP)

Later,
ElectEngr

It's your parenthetical there that is the only possibility.

I give this turkey six months. I could be wrong. We could be a nation of gobblers...but I think six months ought to do it. An insult a day...perhaps a number of deaths in the population that lost its health care...perhaps a new level of torture at Gitmo. There is no saying. It is really ugly!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/02/after-2-weeks-voters-yearn-for-obama.html
Less than 2 weeks into Donald Trump's tenure as President, 40% of voters already want to impeach him. That's up from 35% of voters who wanted to impeach him a week ago. Only 48% of voters say that they would be opposed to Trump's impeachment.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/02/after-2-weeks-voters-yearn-for-obama.html
Less than 2 weeks into Donald Trump's tenure as President, 40% of voters already want to impeach him. That's up from 35% of voters who wanted to impeach him a week ago. Only 48% of voters say that they would be opposed to Trump's impeachment.

I saw an online ad this morning, UK bookmaker William Hill were offering a return of $3.80 to the $ against his impeachment this year (that's odds of 14:5).

Six months until what? You have no mechanism to remove him beyond having the religious nutjobs to whom he's giving everything they want decide they don't want him giving them stuff anymore.

The two primary methods for removing him are: 1) impeachment and conviction of "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" and 2)the 25th amendment.

The most common means of removing a sitting US President is assassination.

The two primary methods for removing him are: 1) impeachment and conviction of "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" and 2)the 25th amendment.

Honestly I wonder what the effects of an assassination would actually have on the country. What would Pence do in response? It's not like he can take anyone's guns away, his support base would flip out.

The Republicans will impeach Trump when he has outlived his usefulness. Right now, he is giving them everything they want. When it gets closer to election time and their congresstional seats are in jeopardy, they'll drop him like a hot potato.

Not that I condone violence against anyone, just making a statement of fact. We are 17 years overdo for a good presidential assassination attempt.

Later,
ElectEngr

Not that I condone violence against anyone, just making a statement of fact. We are 17 years overdo for a good presidential assassination attempt.

Later,
ElectEngr
W was able to break that hex. I wouldn't lose any sleep if Trump went the way of Harding. In fact, I think it'd be a good thing... and all natural. I wish that no harm comes onto him by another person.

I have come to believe that Trump is Biblegod. Not just like him....is him. Capricious...violent....brooks no argument....anti-Islam...proclaims that His is the only way ("...and I am the only one who...")...dares to face down the Pope and Megyn Kelly....face it, fellow atheists, we've been wrong. Biblegod is real and He is amongst us.

Later,
ElectEngr

You guys may want to google "2018 senate map" before getting too psyched about that.

I think the fond assassination hopes and dreams are a better bet.

Later,
ElectEngr

I do not envy the job of the Secret Service. It's becoming harder and harder to protect someone if they are outdoors. It used to be the only real threat was a sniper but these days it's becoming more and more possible for amateurs to make various forms of guided ordinance.

And, likewise, I was simply making a statement of fact. 4 presidents have been removed by assassination, 4 have died in office and one has resigned in lieu of impeachment.

Later,
ElectEngr

I do not envy the job of the Secret Service. It's becoming harder and harder to protect someone if they are outdoors. It used to be the only real threat was a sniper but these days it's becoming more and more possible for amateurs to make various forms of guided ordinance.

And, likewise, I was simply making a statement of fact. 4 presidents have been removed by assassination, 4 have died in office and one has resigned in lieu of impeachment.

Don't worry, Der Gropenfuhrer has been talking about replacing the Secret Service with his own private security detail, and those guys are the best. There is no one better than his hand-picked security guards at doing security, amazing security really, if you think about it. The. Best.

I saw an online ad this morning, UK bookmaker William Hill were offering a return of $3.80 to the $ against his impeachment this year (that's odds of 14:5).
You obviously have too much spare on your hands Bilby.

Nah; I just don't have an ad blocker on my phone, and have been profiled by the advertisers as someone who is interested in politics and bad at statistics. Only one of these is, in fact, the case, so their advertisement was wasted on me - unless they count my commenting on it here as a positive outcome.

Later,
ElectEngr

You guys may want to google "2018 senate map" before getting too psyched about that.

More people voted against Trump than voted for him. About 47% of voters didn't even vote.

Trump is pissing people off rapidly. Decent non-political people are horrified by the things he is doing.

He may destroy Republican majorities for a long time.

If the world survives his madness.

It appears the earlier claims were false.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ent-enrique-pena-nieto-american-a7558526.html

Mexico has denied Donald Trump threatened to send American soldiers into the country during a telephone conversation with his counterpart, President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Such a threat “did not happen during that call,” the Mexican government said in a statement, released on Twitter on Wednesday night.

Australia

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...d/news-story/844aa48260fa1781d01d1e12992b0b28

r Turnbull also made clear that the deal made with Barack Obama was “not an acceptance to take in everyone.”

“Can I just make this clear, the suggestion in some parts of the media . that this involves taking refugees sight unseen is wrong, it has always been based on the premise that the US homeland security officials would take into consideration their vetting measures.

“It is possible that they will take a smaller or larger number.”

“Trump didn’t hang up on me”

As for the US putting Iran on notice which seems to be correct, I have no idea what it means. Maybe Trump's going send a tweet if it happens again.

Have you got your pink hat yet?

FFS. The media is shit.

The later stories didn't debunk the earlier ones. Weird that you think they did.

More people voted against Trump than voted for him. About 47% of voters didn't even vote.

Trump is pissing people off rapidly. Decent non-political people are horrified by the things he is doing.

He may destroy Republican majorities for a long time.

If the world survives his madness.

If republicans realize that they may agree to impeach him, for their own sake.

Back
Top Bottom