• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Van Attack in Toronto

Despite wanting to know right now who is was and why he did it, there is a good reason for this to be not public now.

It may be that he was part of some terrorist/hate/radical group that may not even know that he has gone off and done this because of the radicalization. Finding those digital connections before they start to get scrubbed could be critical.

He looked pretty white when he was being arrested. But it was a cell phone camera from a distance.

There have been a lot of these. London. Munster. Berlin. Barcelona. Paris. Nice. Stockholm. It’s hard to recall the details of any one specifically or to tell them apart. There’s a van or a car. Often it is rented. The driver steers it into a crowd, killing as many pedestrians as he can. Most end when whoever is behind the wheel is shot or shoots himself.

Today it was Toronto. But I think this one may stand out in our memory for more than the fact that it happened here, in Canada. It will also be remembered as “The one with the cop—the cop who didn’t shoot.”

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/toronto-van-attack-the-cop-who-didnt-shoot/

The man identified as the driver. Motive is unknown, but doesn't appear at this point to be terror related.

There have been a lot of these. London. Munster. Berlin. Barcelona. Paris. Nice. Stockholm. It’s hard to recall the details of any one specifically or to tell them apart. There’s a van or a car. Often it is rented. The driver steers it into a crowd, killing as many pedestrians as he can. Most end when whoever is behind the wheel is shot or shoots himself.

Today it was Toronto. But I think this one may stand out in our memory for more than the fact that it happened here, in Canada. It will also be remembered as “The one with the cop—the cop who didn’t shoot.”

If you read the entire story, the driver was clearly trying to induce the police officer to shoot him, but the police did not shoot because the man did not have a weapon.

If this had been the US, a completely different story.

If you read the entire story, the driver was clearly trying to induce the police officer to shoot him, but the police did not shoot because the man did not have a weapon.

I wouldn't be too certain. He had a chance, being white and all.

He was probably waiting for another cop to show up in a van so he could use it against the evil person with a van.

Good work by the cop, though. This guy clearly wanted to die and I'm glad he didn't get what he wanted.

A guy I know uses that bus stop. A different time of the attack, he could have been there.

He was probably waiting for another cop to show up in a van so he could use it against the evil person with a van.

Good work by the cop, though. This guy clearly wanted to die and I'm glad he didn't get what he wanted.

A guy I know uses that bus stop. A different time of the attack, he could have been there.

I forgot that you are in Toronto. Is it too late for thoughts and prayers?

(Seriously, though, I know how it feels when it hits so close to home. I do hope that this one comes no closer to you and yours than the guy who uses that bus stop but wasn't there at that time)

Not only that... look at the pedestrians in the video. People just casually walking around, cars driving by. They didn't seem to suspect anything was going on.

Definitely looks white and has a white name. Probably a conservative terrorist.

Based on past conservative arguments, we should stop accepting immigrants from countries known to contain white people, just until we can figure out what's going on.

It is a little surreal when so close isn't it? I occasionally work out of one of the buildings right next to there and a friend of mine lives a few blocks away. Neither of us were nearby at the time but we could have been.

It is a little surreal when so close isn't it? I occasionally work out of one of the buildings right next to there and a friend of mine lives a few blocks away. Neither of us were nearby at the time but we could have been.
Why in the heck do I think you live in NW Canada?!

Toronto Police Can Tell a Cellphone from a Gun

I have seen video of the suspect in a mass murder repeatedly pointing his hand and arm at the cops in a shooting motion, with something in the hand. News reports say that he was yelling at the cops to shoot him. The cops didn't.

He looked pretty white when he was being arrested. But it was a cell phone camera from a distance.

The suspect's name, Minassian, seems to be Armenian, and he looks somewhat Middle Eastern. The report I heard on the late local news here in the Toronto area suggested that he was one of those "Women won't date/ do me, so I'm going to kill a lot of people and get killed myself" hetero terrorists. He seems to have identified with the guy who did something like that in the States.

Back
Top Bottom