• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Warren Ends Campaign

KeepTalking

Code Monkey
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, Secular Humanist, Pastifarian, IPUnitard
And then there were two...

Warren has dropped out of the race, and is expected to endorse Sanders:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/03/05/2020-election-elizabeth-warren-ends-her-presidential-campaign/4739374002/

Who says she'll endorse Sanders?

No one. Hence the "expected" qualifier, which is a result of her policies being closer to Sanders than Biden, and more of her base selecting Sanders as their second choice above any other candidate.

And then there were two...

Warren has dropped out of the race, and is expected to endorse Sanders:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/03/05/2020-election-elizabeth-warren-ends-her-presidential-campaign/4739374002/

Who says she'll endorse Sanders?

No one. Hence the "expected" qualifier, which is a result of her policies being closer to Sanders than Biden, and more of her base selecting Sanders as their second choice above any other candidate.

Then you should have said so instead of sending us on a wild goose chase. There are other opinions out there. I've heard that her supporters are roughly equally split. And who know what she's thinking. I hear she's talked with both Bernie and Obama.

NPR had an interesting article on this; that yes her policies align with Bernie, but her get-it-done nature does not. He’s a gadfly, she a doer. They noted that she is the only living politician to create a new government entity (Consumer Protection Bureau) that she envisioned, designed and got implemented (I may have misstated that, so for accuracy go browse NPR, that that is the gist). So in that context, she will endorse whoever will get actual things done. That may not be Bernie.

Then you should have said so instead of sending us on a wild goose chase. There are other opinions out there. I've heard that her supporters are roughly equally split. And who know what she's thinking. I hear she's talked with both Bernie and Obama.

Sorry, had to post and run, so perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been, but I don't see how I sent anyone on a wild goose chase.

I could have easily voted for her if she had become the nominee. She is smart, progressive, but pragmatic. I have some female friends who are planned on voting for Biden instead of Warren, because they think he has a better chance of beating Trump. I hope that if the Dems win, she will be offered a cabinet position, if she would want one. I think she's make a great Secretary of Education, with her background and intelligence. Somebody needs to clean up the mess that DeVos has made. Warren could do it.

Back
Top Bottom