• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Warren Ends Campaign

Well the Dems made the race slightly entertaining but it was inevitable. A bit like watching the movie “Titanic”. You know going in how it ends, the boat sinks.

Biden...past his prime.
So is Mr. Sanders.
So is Mr. Sanders
Says weird stuff.
So does Mr. Sanders
So does Mr. Sanders (https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?category=&ruling=false&speaker=bernie-sanders)

I used to think Mr. Biden was a good candidate for POTUS. I no longer think he is. I have never thought Mr. Sanders would make a good POTUS candidate because I do not think he is electable at this time. In my opinion, both gentleman are past their prime. IMO, both are better than Mr. Trump, but I am beginning the primary process is a poor way to come up with quality candidates. Hell, it got us Trump.

LD, I don't think Bernieisms and Bidenisms are comparable. Also, I don't think the grouchiness is comparable. Bernie has anger at the system and if he gets upset at an individual, he controls it. Biden is trying to make his anger and threats into a campaign thing. I wasn't aware of all of the inaccuracies of Bernie, just some.

It's rearranging deck chairs at this point. Biden seems to have lost the the long term goal with his latest antics.

LD, I don't think Bernieisms and Bidenisms are comparable. Also, I don't think the grouchiness is comparable. Bernie has anger at the system and if he gets upset at an individual, he controls it. Biden is trying to make his anger and threats into a campaign thing. I wasn't aware of all of the inaccuracies of Bernie, just some.

It's rearranging deck chairs at this point. Biden seems to have lost the the long term goal with his latest antics.

Why does it seem that it's more important to you for Biden to lose, than it is for Sanders to win?

LD, I don't think Bernieisms and Bidenisms are comparable.
Why not? A gaffe is a gaffe.
Also, I don't think the grouchiness is comparable. Bernie has anger at the system and if he gets upset at an individual, he controls it.
To me, grouchy is grouchy.
Biden is trying to make his anger and threats into a campaign thing. I wasn't aware of all of the inaccuracies of Bernie, just some.

I agree that it is rearranging the deck chairs at this point. Two past their prime old men battling for the chance to run against another past his prime old man.

Why does it seem that it's more important to you for Biden to lose, than it is for Sanders to win?

I don't know why it seems that way to you. Please explain. As for me, I've been saying Bernie will lose since the beginning. I said he's up against NOT Bernie which was the sum of all the other candidates. I said he lost Iowa and then lost NH to NOT Bernie. I also don't think Biden will win in the General Election. So, therefore, when I wrote that it's rearranging deck chairs, that's what I was talking about. I am not looking forward to 4 more years of Twitler McCrazyPants, future pandemic scares, a budding dictator rubbing elbows with real dictators, an unknown foreign policy that involves a lot of anger, and a path to climate apocalypse.

I am not looking forward to 4 more years of Twitler McCrazyPants, future pandemic scares, a budding dictator rubbing elbows with real dictators, an unknown foreign policy that involves a lot of anger, and a path to climate apocalypse.

100% agree. I'm just more optimistic about the general election.

He probably meant "bigly winning".

What I find interesting is that none of the pundits seemed to notice that Sanders was most successful in 2016 in the caucus states. When most of those states switched to primaries, and gave everyone a chance to weigh in, his campaign hit an iceberg. He won one state Tuesday (i.e. got more delegates than Biden), and it was ND, a caucus state.

Also, he won Michigan in 2016 and basically tied Missouri, but got blown out yesterday. Next week, all four primaries are in states he lost in 2016, followed the next week by Georgia, which will be another rout.

Back
Top Bottom