• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Warren Ends Campaign

I would say that your irony meter must be broken. That is unless almost every talking point of this years presidential candidates has nothing to do with "what a Democrat is". All have ranted about the need to have more minorities, women, and LGBTQ in power and yet all of those had to drop out because of no support. The remaining woman, Tulsi, has no real support even though she would likely be able to give Trump more trouble in the debates and election than either of the remaining two old hetrosexual multi-millionaire white men. These two men each have five identity politics strikes against them and no identity politics plusses.

Why does nobody remember that Bernie is a Jew
OK then, so Bernie has six identity politics strikes against him. Now if he was a Muslim then he would have a plus. You are aware aren't you that in identity politics Jews are the bad guys that are oppressing the Palestinians?

No, those are Zionists, which is why Jewish leftists are not a contradiction.

The issue is people like the Bernie Bros who disrupted a Biden campaign rally last night in Michigan. The Bernie Bros who chanted "Lock her up" and shouted down a congressman at the 2016 Democratic Convention. The Bernie Bros who made death threats against the Nevada Democratic Party chairperson because they're sure their candidate is somehow getting screwed. The Bernie Bros who attacked Nevada union leaders because they didn't agree with everything in Sanders' platform.

"Biden's supporters are just as bad" is utter bullshit, and is right out of the MAGA playbook.

Nice anecdotes, and convenient how you don't have to show the supporters of other candidates are any different!

The lack of that type of incident involving Biden supporters proves my point. How is it "convenient" that I don't show things that haven't happened?

And half of those are perfectly legitimate acts of political expression. Biden's campaign rallies should be disrupted, and people who represent unions, but don't back the candidate whose policies helps unions the most, should be attacked for it.

Campaign rallies "should be" disrupted? In what bizarro world? Union leaders "should be" attacked over a disagreement? Have their personal info (addresses, phone numbes) posted online to encourage harassment? MAGA tactics.

So when is Elizabeth going to throw her weight behind a candidate? When it doesn’t matter any longer?
I swear, this lady can’t get out of her own way.

If Biden does well today, Warren will endorse him by the end of the week. If Sanders bounces back, she may sit it out for a while.

So when is Elizabeth going to throw her weight behind a candidate? When it doesn’t matter any longer?

She is clearly trying to leverage her endorsement of Biden for either a VP position or Secretary of State or the like. If not, she would have immediately endorsed Sanders.

Biden's camp is evidently weighing the pros/cons, which is why they apparently haven't offered her anything yet (or perhaps have offered her something, but she doesn't feel it's significant enough to endorse yet).

If it's not a significant offer, then she'll accept Sanders' offer, which has no doubt already been made known to her. She knows Sanders is dead in the water and a sinking ship, but hedging her bets until Michigan is done.

Regardless, going down with Sanders will better position her for the next open general run, so, again, unless Biden's offer is significant, she always has Sanders to fall back on, so there is no rush for her to endorse and if he loses Michigan, her endorsement could make him repeat his zombie primary debacle and give her more air time to prep for next available general.

If Biden does well today, Warren will endorse him by the end of the week. If Sanders bounces back, she may sit it out for a while.

This is sadly accurate. If Bernie were in Warren's place, and had just lost to her in the first 18 primaries, he would absolutely have endorsed her before the Michigan primaries against Biden, because he considers her an ally in the progressive cause. Does anybody still think that Elizabeth Warren has any interest in building a progressive coalition at this point? Or is her job just to click her tongue at the only candidate running to her left for succeeding where she failed?

You are aware aren't you that in identity politics Jews are the bad guys that are oppressing the Palestinians?

Way to label all Jews as the same!

It isn't me doing the labeling. I am demonstrating the SJW identity politics absurd method of isolating and identifying groups. "White men oppress women, blacks are underprivileged, Jews are oppressing Palestinians." While they claim that "it is time we had a woman president", I say it is time we have a competent president. "Competent" does not have a racial, sexual, or any arbitrary identity grouping.

You are aware aren't you that in identity politics Jews are the bad guys that are oppressing the Palestinians?

It isn't me doing the labeling. I am demonstrating the SJW method of isolating and identifying groups. "White men oppress women, blacks are underprivileged, Jews are oppressing Palestinians." While they claim that "it is time we had a woman president", I say it is time we have a competent president. "Competent" does not have a racial, sexual, or any arbitrary identity grouping.

Love to flip through my Identity Politics Handbook for the one set of opinions on every group that all SJWs must share, in order to show that I treat people as individuals

It isn't me doing the labeling.

No, it's you. You think it's other people and other people probably do what you say, but you are doing it too, without realizing it.

You are claiming that there is some universal Jew as a concept that is being blamed for being a bad guy. Actually, many Jews in Israel are liberal and want a two-state solution or other and you ARE ATTACKING THEM. You think your little meme only applies to non-Jews attacking Jews but it also applies to Jews allegedly stereotyping other Jews because there are so many Jews in Israel who want peace and see different ways of getting there. So in your attempt to broadbrush people being political, you also accidentally broadbrushed Jews.

Maybe if you actually didn't use hyperbole and broadbrushing, you wouldn't be in this pickle.

No, it's you. You think it's other people and other people probably do what you say, but you are doing it too, without realizing it.

You are claiming that there is some universal Jew as a concept that is being blamed for being a bad guy. Actually, many Jews in Israel are liberal and want a two-state solution or other and you ARE ATTACKING THEM. You think your little meme only applies to non-Jews attacking Jews but it also applies to Jews allegedly stereotyping other Jews because there are so many Jews in Israel who want peace and see different ways of getting there. So in your attempt to broadbrush people being political, you also accidentally broadbrushed Jews.

Maybe if you actually didn't use hyperbole and broadbrushing, you wouldn't be in this pickle.
I am not "broad brushing". I am specifically criticizing (mocking) those who think group identity is a reasonable measurement of individuals. If you don't think that is a reasonable measurement then I am not mocking you.

I am not "broad brushing". I am specifically criticizing (mocking) those who think group identity is a reasonable measurement of individuals. If you don't think that is a reasonable measurement then I am not mocking you.

Literally no one has this view:
"[in] identity politics Jews are the bad guys that are oppressing the Palestinians"

Even racist Nazis don't hold that view because they don't engage in "identity politics."

You were making an attack on "the left" by invoking the term identify politics and inadvertently also attacked Jewish people in Israel.

If you want to just say Nazis are bad, then I'll agree with you, but if you want to discuss something else like the current Israel policy as it applies to Palestinian territory, then it's a complicated discussion that involves a lot more than self-defeating memes.

"[in] identity politics Jews are the bad guys that are oppressing the Palestinians"
You really don't read very broadly do you?

Why does she have to endorse anyone? Maybe she doesn't like either candidate, or maybe she was serious the other day, when she said she might endorse both like the New York Times endorsed both her and Klobuchar awhile back. I doubt it really matters at this point.

Why does she have to endorse anyone? Maybe she doesn't like either candidate, or maybe she was serious the other day, when she said she might endorse both like the New York Times endorsed both her and Klobuchar awhile back. I doubt it really matters at this point.
Since she lamented in her announcement that she was dropping out that "all those little girls would have to wait four more years" to see a female president, she could throw all her support behind the female still in the race. Maybe, just maybe, all those little girls wouldn't have to wait. :rolleyes:

Only because she spoke with both immediately after she dropped out so it’s kind of hanging in the air, or at least it was. I think an endorsement or statement addressing the point is proper.
I don’t think she needs to endorse for any promised position though. She is a sharp mind and would be an asset to either administration.

You really don't read very broadly do you?

Ad homs aren't helping whatever argument it is you'd like to make. I suggest if you want to appeal to others than just an echo chamber that you could discuss policy. Here's an example: you could defend the idea that Israel needs to be a Jewish state or you could discuss a two state solution to the current crisis there.

Why does she have to endorse anyone?

Politics.

I doubt it really matters at this point.

It matters. More to Sanders than to Biden, but it definitely matters. Less and less for her the longer she postpones whatever deal Biden no doubt already offered her, however. Which likely means that Biden didn't offer her VP, which is what she would be holding out for.

With Biden set to win Michigan, her endorsement will simply be a fait accompli, so she may be waiting for Sanders to lose in order to work out a VP ticket with him and/or threaten Biden.

If Sanders loses Michigan then he SHOULD get the fuck out of the race, just like he should have done in 2015 just later in the month. Instead he pointlessly fed his ego and kept going and fucked us all with Trump. He's probably egotistical enough to do it again, only he'd need Warren on board as his VP to justify it a second time and she no doubt understands this.

So my guess is that's her play. If Biden wins Michigan and Sanders decides not to get out like he should, then Warren will make a last ditch call to Biden's camp saying she'll endorse Sanders against Biden unless they give her VP. Biden's camp would know that could mean another toxic zombie civil war primary.

It won't matter to her future if she goes down with Sanders, unless she goes as toxic as Sanders would go, but she can always pull the plug on that if she goes all-in and then really be the hero for the next available general run.

And if another miracle happens and Sanders wins Michigan like he improbably did last time, then he definitely won't get out like he still should and a Sanders/Warren ticket would look even more promising to him.

ETA: I should add that Sanders most likely already has offered her the VP ticket, but she's holding out because she actually wants a chance at being VP and that's only going to happen with Biden. So for her, it's about a real chance to be the first female VP or tie herself to a sinking ship that could springboard her to being first female P (maybe) some time down the line.

Last edited:
The lack of that type of incident involving Biden supporters proves my point. How is it "convenient" that I don't show things that haven't happened?

And half of those are perfectly legitimate acts of political expression. Biden's campaign rallies should be disrupted, and people who represent unions, but don't back the candidate whose policies helps unions the most, should be attacked for it.

Campaign rallies "should be" disrupted? In what bizarro world? Union leaders "should be" attacked over a disagreement? Have their personal info (addresses, phone numbes) posted online to encourage harassment? MAGA tactics.

Add this to the list: politicians due to corruption, incompetence, or neglect etc force people to die. The middle tier of the ownership class, like union leaders may get a little too much reward. Right now, desperate people are latching onto political extremes because their future isn't safe. They may want to yell and scream about it. One or two living in vans with no food or sleep for 6 months might even want to shoot someone. Unfortunately.

On the flip side, our Overlords are getting desperate. They are responsible for tens of thousands of deaths a year. A million in Iraq due to a war they lied about. The future of our civilization hangs in the balance. They are desperate to maintain control.

Willing to invest billions into Biden to stop an electoral revolution. Biden...past his prime. Grouchy. Says weird stuff. Lies.

Today a plebe. A union worker who saw Beto online saying he wanted to take AR15s challenged Biden on it in a Michigan factory. Biden had gotten endorsed by Beto in order to seal Texas up. He unwisely had made Beto in charge of his gun policy. Yeah, so the union worker GOT THREATENED BY BIDEN.

Biden said they should go OUTSIDE. Tons of online Biden supporters praised Biden's no holds barred swearing and threatening.

So add that to the list, too.

Also, that shit will make us lose this election.

This is sadly accurate. If Bernie were in Warren's place, and had just lost to her in the first 18 primaries, he would absolutely have endorsed her before the Michigan primaries against Biden, because he considers her an ally in the progressive cause. Does anybody still think that Elizabeth Warren has any interest in building a progressive coalition at this point? Or is her job just to click her tongue at the only candidate running to her left for succeeding where she failed?

Maybe beating trump is most important to her, and she correctly believes that Sanders isn’t the better option.

But sure, it’s all a conspiracy against Bernie.

Back
Top Bottom