• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Warren's Native American heritage gaffe

The title of the cookbook was Pow Wow Chow. Say it with me:

Pow
Wow
Chow

So?

This seems to be the closest to 'dirt' on Warren that anyone has been able to attempt to resuscitate and electroshock into something resembling a zombie issue. It's only an issue for Republicans and Bernsters. Frankly, two sides of the same cult of personalty cult.
Toni, she plagiarized a cookbook. A COOKBOOK!!!! Don't you get how big of a deal that is. I mean clearly it has to be because otherwise, some poor sap wasted their time finding the original of the recipe. Now can we get back to the matter at hand... how the recipe itself is kind of ordinary?! Is this the food she'll serve at the White House? Just toss some sherry and ginger root in to a sauce and call it a day for Heir Johnson.

What has America devolved into?!

Pow
Wow
Chow

So?

This seems to be the closest to 'dirt' on Warren that anyone has been able to attempt to resuscitate and electroshock into something resembling a zombie issue. It's only an issue for Republicans and Bernsters. Frankly, two sides of the same cult of personalty cult.

I grew up in MO, along one of the 3 routes Andy Jackson illegally, in defiance of the US Supreme Kangaroo Court, removed the Cherokee people. I assure all psychobabble bobbleheads everywhere, it was as common as breathing there, that families would tell their kids they had Cherokee heritage. So anything on policy?

Pow
Wow
Chow

So?

Toni, she plagiarized a cookbook. A COOKBOOK!!!! Don't you get how big of a deal that is. I mean clearly it has to be because otherwise, some poor sap wasted their time finding the original of the recipe. Now can we get back to the matter at hand... how the recipe itself is kind of ordinary?! Is this the food she'll serve at the White House? Just toss some sherry and ginger root in to a sauce and call it a day for Heir Johnson.

Won't someone please think of the chicken!

Nah, she didn’t benefit professionally for claiming NA heritage (which, in the US is not the same thing as being Native American).
She claimed to be "American Indian" on her bar registration.
694940094001_5999220449001_5999209701001-vs.jpg
She was listed as "woman of color" by Harvard Law School. To pretend that she did not benefit professionally is incredibly naive. Furthermore, she used her claimed Indianness for political gain, as in that story that her parents had to elope because her mothers was "Cherokee and Delaware".

That’s just shit spread by anti progressives who don’t like women very much.
BS. Not everything is about your feminist paranoia.

Nah, she didn’t benefit professionally for claiming NA heritage (which, in the US is not the same thing as being Native American).
View attachment 24168
She was listed as "woman of color" by Harvard Law School. To pretend that she did not benefit professionally is incredibly naive. Furthermore, she used her claimed Indianness for political gain, as in that story that her parents had to elope because her mothers was "Cherokee and Delaware".

It really dumps "white privilege" out of the bucket when people claim to be a minority race in order to get a leg up in their careers. This is why Rachel Dolezal identifies as black despite being as white as the snow. If white privilege was real, we'd see every black person claiming they identify as white.

View attachment 24168

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, lotsa white kids grew up hearing in their won families that they were part indigenous. Political gain? Are you american? Our system's corrupt hon, deal with it across the board or stf up. THIS is "a thing" 'cause Don lost his bet and his jackals had to come to his defense.

View attachment 24168

It really dumps "white privilege" out of the bucket when people claim to be a minority race in order to get a leg up in their careers. This is why Rachel Dolezal identifies as black despite being as white as the snow. If white privilege was real, we'd see every black person claiming they identify as white.

No, they have more class and integrity.

You mean believing the stories her family told her? Which, btw, were partially substantiated by the article linked upthread: her parents’ marriage came as a surprise to their families.
That doesn't mean that they had to elope because the mother was "Indian".

As far as her blood test showing only a small percentage of NA genes? There is no adequate database that identifies and catalogues DNA indicating or disproving Native American heritage.
The genetic testing establishes probabilities. But since Indians come from Siberia, there is a possibility of somebody with non-Indian heritage hitting an Amerindian haplogroup.
I don't know which genetic marker was identified in Warren's DNA, but this is the kind of thing I mean:
sMD6_nK9Pqod2Ozuc8SXJgHaFU.jpg
Does Warren have any Russian ancestors?

This is one reason that in the US, the Native American community does not support or advocate the use of genetic tests to determine heritage.
Or maybe they don't trust imperialist paleface science. After all, science says that Indians immigrated to the Americas during the last Ice Age, while they believe they were formed de novo by Manitou or somthing. Oh and North America was formed because a turtle brought dirt from the bottom of the Ocean on its back. None of that colonialist plate tectonics! Also, pipelines and telescopes are teh evulz!

Her parents did elope. Usually people do that because of parental disapproval. Why did her grandparents disapprove? If you think they didn't or have a different reason why, please say what it is.
There could be a myriad reasons. "Bride's ancestor might have fucked an Indian between five and nine generations ago" doesn't strike me as among the likeliest reasons. Especially since, as Fentoine pointed out, family lore of Cherokee ancestry is extremely common.

Wow you are right that you don't know which marker because that is extremely ignorant.
I acknowledged that I do not know that level of detail. So what? Was that even published? If you know more, please enlighten us. If you don't, stop calling people "extremely ignorant" for not knowing things that you do not know yourself and that probably were not even released to the public.

Far more than one marker is used in that kind of assessment.
Again, I don't know how many markers they found. Since she is that far removed from any possible Indian admixture, it could conceivably be as few as one marker that was found.

View attachment 24168

HARVARD benefited by listing Warren as a woman of color.

She was not hired because she was a ‘woman of color.’ Harvard found it convenient to play up that family legend AFTER she was hired for a specific position they recruited her to fill.

This thread has already linked a wedding announcement which detailed how surprised her mother’s family was by her marriage.

Wow you are right that you don't know which marker because that is extremely ignorant.
I acknowledged that I do not know that level of detail. So what? Was that even published? If you know more, please enlighten us. If you don't, stop calling people "extremely ignorant" for not knowing things that you do not know yourself and that probably were not even released to the public.

Far more than one marker is used in that kind of assessment.
Again, I don't know how many markers they found. Since she is that far removed from any possible Indian admixture, it could conceivably be as few as one marker that was found.

No it can't. That isn't how it works at all. I warned you that your post is extremely ignorant and now you are doubling down on it. This isn't a 1970's technology where they look at 22 STRs to determine race. This is a very modern technology using hundreds of thousands of SNPs and utilizing advanced algorithms to look at stretches of SNPs for relatedness among testers and to look at ethnicity composition. There is no single marker that would unambiguously point to a specific race at a composition level she obtained with a high confidence. Now there may be a well known marker within the entire subset of SNPs that were called in favor of a stretch of Native American DNA, but that in no way means only one SNP was used in forming that conclusion.

In Ancestry's most recent algorithm, they use 300k SNPs for ethnicity out of the 700k SNPs total they use in the whole product. They look at stretches of 1K SNPs and ask which ethnicities best match to those segments. There isn't a single marker match but a minimum of 1000 to make a call.

Now in Warren's case, it was also true that an expert looked at the specific resulting SNPS in the putative N.A. region. They may have also confirmed the result by the existence of one or more known traditional markers, but that count in no way diminishes the general finding. It adds to the confidence in the result.

Last edited:

A cookbook?! Obviously her goose is cooked and she doesn't have a chance!

No it can't. That isn't how it works at all. I warned you that your post is extremely ignorant and now you are doubling down on it. This isn't a 1970's technology where they look at 22 STRs to determine race. This is a very modern technology using hundreds of thousands of SNPs and utilizing advanced algorithms to look at stretches of SNPs for relatedness among testers and to look at ethnicity composition. There is no single marker that would unambiguously point to a specific race at a composition level she obtained with a high confidence. Now there may be a well known marker within the entire subset of SNPs that were called in favor of a stretch of Native American DNA, but that in no way means only one SNP was used in forming that conclusion.
When I used "marked" I did have these traditional markers in mind. Interesting, but doesn't change my bigger point about Amerindians coming here from Siberia.

In Ancestry's most recent algorithm, they use 300k SNPs for ethnicity out of the 700k SNPs total they use in the whole product. They look at stretches of 1K SNPs and ask which ethnicities best match to those segments. There isn't a single marker match but a minimum of 1000 to make a call.
How many of those are associated with Amerindians?
My bigger point was that Amerindians are related to populations in Asia (as opposed to being created de novo by the Great Manitu and dropped on the Turtle Island), so if Warren has for example a Russian greatgrandfather whose greatgrandmother was from some Siberian tribe, her DNA could read as Amerindian even if she has zero Cherokee or Delaware ancestors.

Now in Warren's case, it was also true that an expert looked at the specific resulting SNPS in the putative N.A. region. They may have also confirmed the result by the existence of one or more known traditional markers, but that count in no way diminishes the general finding. It adds to the confidence in the result.

Neither fixes the problem of Amerindians being related to Siberians.

When I used "marked" I did have these traditional markers in mind. Interesting, but doesn't change my bigger point about Amerindians coming here from Siberia.

How many of those are associated with Amerindians?
My bigger point was that Amerindians are related to populations in Asia (as opposed to being created de novo by the Great Manitu and dropped on the Turtle Island), so if Warren has for example a Russian greatgrandfather whose greatgrandmother was from some Siberian tribe, her DNA could read as Amerindian even if she has zero Cherokee or Delaware ancestors.

No, that isn't how it works. Besides that, Warren has genealogical evidence of N.A. roots, not Russian roots.

No, that isn't how it works.
I am not sure what you mean. I know one can determine a time when two populations became split. Assuming they can do that on the scale of 10,000 years which I am not sure they can you still need pretty much whole genome to do so. They don't have it in the case of Warren, she supposedly have only tiny amount of NA DNA. In any case this is not what ancestry sites do.
Besides that, Warren has genealogical evidence of N.A. roots
She does?

I am not sure what you mean. I know one can determine a time when two populations became split. Assuming they can do that on the scale of 10,000 years which I am not sure they can you still need pretty much whole genome to do so. They don't have it in the case of Warren, she supposedly have only tiny amount of NA DNA. In any case this is not what ancestry sites do.
Besides that, Warren has genealogical evidence of N.A. roots
She does?

You really don't seem to know what you're talking about. I recommend to just stop posting when you don't know. Warren isn't Russian. The presence of 5 segments, each containing many SNPs, means not thousands of years ago...it also means a relatively small number of generations ago...not Siberian...estimated by an expert to be 6 to 10 generations ago N.A.

Americans aren't going to start giving a damn about Native Americans just to sink Warren's boat. It's ammunition for trolls that everyone else will just shrug off.

Back
Top Bottom