• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Washington Post - Trump Gave Top Secret Info To Russians

I agree with Brennan. Leaker and the Press did the actual damage if any. Trump is just incompetent idiot and asshole, and I actually doubt he revealed much to russians.

?? He told the Russians the nature of the threat, the city, and the source. Assuming the source survives, do you honestly think he/she will ever trust the US again? Secondly, don't you think that the Russians will compromise the source?

I agree with Brennan. Leaker and the Press did the actual damage if any. Trump is just incompetent idiot and asshole, and I actually doubt he revealed much to russians.

?? He told the Russians the nature of the threat, the city, and the source. Assuming the source survives, do you honestly think he/she will ever trust the US again? Secondly, don't you think that the Russians will compromise the source?
It took a week for this to be printed, so I speculate, that the story could have be delayed to allow the asset's extraction. But that is speculation.

It took a week for this to be printed, so I speculate, that the story could have be delayed to allow the asset's extraction. But that is speculation.

I'm sure that within minutes after Trump's meeting, the Russians were trying to find the source. They might have identified the source before the press put out the story. The leakers and press are saving lives. Our allies need to understand that our current government is not careful about safeguarding secrets and that they should be very wary right now.

I'm sure that within minutes after Trump's meeting, the Russians were trying to find the source. They might have identified the source before the press put out the story. The leakers and press are saving lives. Our allies need to understand that our current government is not careful about safeguarding secrets and that they should be very wary right now.

Since we don't know the exact nature of what was discussed which was passed through a 3rd or 4th party we can't assume anything.

Since we don't know the exact nature of what was discussed which was passed through a 3rd or 4th party we can't assume anything.

Except that he talked to the Russians and gave them classified information.

Whew! I have to complement you buddy! You are persistent. And you don't give up, despite the odds. I'll tell you right now, if you go to law school someday, I'll pay you a retainer! You're the type of lawyer that I'd want.

All the same media stated he did and many believed what they were told and this came from a 3rd or 4th party yet no investigation has been executed.

This is not to say any of this is wrong, it is better to wait until an impartial investigation takes place since there are a lot of vague claims wherein speculation is added to suit.

All the same media stated he did and many believed what they were told and this came from a 3rd or 4th party yet no investigation has been executed.

This is not to say any of this is wrong, it is better to wait until an impartial investigation takes place since there are a lot of vague claims wherein speculation is added to suit.

Trump and his officials have confirmed it, this is not speculation. Learn how to read the news.

Trump and his officials have confirmed it, this is not speculation. Learn how to read the news.

He literally admitted to it on television.

Whew! I have to complement you buddy! You are persistent. And you don't give up, despite the odds. I'll tell you right now, if you go to law school someday, I'll pay you a retainer! You're the type of lawyer that I'd want.

One who is mindlessly persistent but still fails to sway a single jury member or judge?

I am thinking that you are better off with a lawyer who knows when to quit defending a hopeless case; at least that way you will save something in legal fees.

Perhaps this may add to my comment about the Asinine revelation by the ABC.

Brennan said the press coverage of Trump’s impromptu intelligence reveal was “hyperbolic” and possibly more damaging than anything Trump revealed.
No, it doesn't add to your comment. I mean, if you maintain we don't know enough about what Trump revealed in order to determine the damage done, then we don't know enough to say whether the reporting was hyperbolic or restrained.

You can't have it both ways.

Perhaps this may add to my comment about the Asinine revelation by the ABC.

No, it doesn't add to your comment. I mean, if you maintain we don't know enough about what Trump revealed in order to determine the damage done, then we don't know enough to say whether the reporting was hyperbolic or restrained.

You can't have it both ways.
Too true.

Rusians and the whole world already knew the nature of the threat, and I doubt Trump can remember any important details of anything, so he could not possibly blurt them. As for the actual source you forget that media has not published these details yet and if they just kept their mouth shut and instead informed Israel first it would have been much better.

But the Russians are playing him like a fiddle. The Russians have a plan, we just don't fully know what it is yet and Don the Con is their puppet.
They don't have a plan. Their plan (if there was one) was to harass Hillary a little and then deal with her inevitable election as POTUS.

Yeah, russians identified the source and gave the name to ISIS, cause everybody knows, Putin supports ISIS.

But the Russians are playing him like a fiddle. The Russians have a plan, we just don't fully know what it is yet and Don the Con is their puppet.
They don't have a plan. Their plan (if there was one) was to harass Hillary a little and then deal with her inevitable election as POTUS.

You've got to work on your imagination if you'd call that a plan. It might have been an eventuality that they prepared for, but if there was a plan it would have to be to get an easily manipulated egomaniac into office so Putin could try out the stand-up material he's been working on.

Yeah, russians identified the source and gave the name to ISIS, cause everybody knows, Putin supports ISIS.

The problem isn't Russia's coziness with ISIS - it's the coziness with the regime in Tehran. Moreover, it's the fact that distrust in the intel community is much longer lasting than the relatively ephemeral nature of even a two-term president. And spare us the feigned Russophobia - unless you're an actual supporter of the Putin regime, and as well the oligarchical characters linked to he and Trump via Bayrock LLC or various other eastern European shell corporations. Patriotism is love of country, not love of leadership.

You've got to work on your imagination if you'd call that a plan. It might have been an eventuality that they prepared for, but if there was a plan it would have to be to get an easily manipulated egomaniac into office so Putin could try out the stand-up material he's been working on.
Trust me, that was not the plan.

The problem isn't Russia's coziness with ISIS - it's the coziness with the regime in Tehran. Moreover, it's the fact that distrust in the intel community is much longer lasting than the relatively ephemeral nature of even a two-term president. And spare us the feigned Russophobia - unless you're an actual supporter of the Putin regime, and as well the oligarchical characters linked to he and Trump via Bayrock LLC or various other eastern European shell corporations. Patriotism is love of country, not love of leadership.
So you are seriously think Russia is cozy with ISIS? are you insane?
Russia is no more cozy with Iran than US with Saudi Arabia. US started this shit, not Russia/Putin. If US had not tried to undermine Russia for no good reason then Russia would not have tried to undermine US. I am not a patriot of Russia. I am simply against stupid assholes on all sides.

8pG6cPH.gif

Rusians and the whole world already knew the nature of the threat, and I doubt Trump can remember any important details of anything, so he could not possibly blurt them. As for the actual source you forget that media has not published these details yet and if they just kept their mouth shut and instead informed Israel first it would have been much better.

Actually, the White House itself did that precisely because it knew the Donald had fucked up once again. By the time the news agencies got wind of it, the damage was done.

From Washington Post article:
After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

Back
Top Bottom