• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Well... NOW he's under investigation.

I'm rating the chance of Trump firing Mueller at better than 50-50. And if he does, the consequences will be an order of magnitude greater than from Comey's firing.
I think Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General for the Department of Justice, said that he would have to be the one to fire Mueller. So it seems Trump can't do so directly. But I imagine he might nominate an Attorney General who would.
Trump orders the Attorney General to fire the Special Counsel. Then the AG gets to decide whether to do so, or pretty much resign. Though Sessions has recused himself, so then he passes down to the Deputy Attorney General. Does he recuse or resign? Regardless it goes down to the Associate Attorney General.

Following, Trump can't just sit an Associate or Deputy Attorney General. So it becomes which acting Associate or Deputy Attorney General will fire Mueller. Each time one resigns, another takes their place immediately. Firing Mueller would seem to be an extremely risky option. It was the firing Comey got him in the hottest of water so far.

The one question not asked is whether Sessions resigns if Rosenstein resigns, on principal (I know, I had a hard time not laughing too).

Trump isn't happy.

Trump Tweet said:
I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt
Actually, you are being investigated by the Special Counsel.

And Rosenstein didn't tell Trump to fire Comey, in fact Trump requested the justification from Rosenstein after he decided to fire Comey. Not only that but Sessions discussed 'new leadership at the FBI' when they were talking to Rosenstein in 2016 to queue a replacement for Yates. If anything Kushner would be the one to blame here, but once again Rosenstein is thrown under the bus by Trump.

A new Battle of Phillipi may be on the horizon...

...Rosenstein didn't tell Trump to fire Comey, in fact Trump requested the justification from Rosenstein after he decided to fire Comey. Not only that but Sessions discussed 'new leadership at the FBI' when they were talking to Rosenstein in 2016 to queue a replacement for Yates. If anything Kushner would be the one to blame here, but once again Rosenstein is thrown under the bus by Trump.

"99, I told you not to tell me that!"
-Maxwell Smart

Trump isn't happy.

Actually, you are being investigated by the Special Counsel.

And Rosenstein didn't tell Trump to fire Comey, in fact Trump requested the justification from Rosenstein after he decided to fire Comey. Not only that but Sessions discussed 'new leadership at the FBI' when they were talking to Rosenstein in 2016 to queue a replacement for Yates. If anything Kushner would be the one to blame here, but once again Rosenstein is thrown under the bus by Trump.
Trump was blowing a kiss to Comey in January. Trump is so unstable and impulsive, it really is impossible to know where he actually stands on anything. And then gets frustrated when no one believes what he is saying.

Without the murder of course. I'd be quite happy if Kuschner and Bannon... well... you know.

I luv this part of the Fox article, again living down to his other handle FFvC...
However, a seperate source close to Trump's legal team said the president was NOT confirming he was under investigation. He was simply referring to the content of a recent Washington Post story.

I luv this part of the Fox article, again living down to his other handle FFvC...
However, a seperate source close to Trump's legal team said the president was NOT confirming he was under investigation. He was simply referring to the content of a recent Washington Post story.
Interesting, Trump reads the Post?

Also, I plead ignorance, what does FFvC stand for?

Interesting, Trump reads the Post?

Also, I plead ignorance, what does FFvC stand for?

Geesh!!! ;) Fuck Face Von Clownstick - Jon Stewart

PS FFvC probably didn't actually read the Post, he probably heard it mentioned on Phaux News...

Trump was blowing a kiss to Comey in January. Trump is so unstable and impulsive, it really is impossible to know where he actually stands on anything. And then gets frustrated when no one believes what he is saying. ...

Now that everyone in the White House is getting all lawyer'd-up I wonder what effect it will have on the whole loyalty thing that Trump tries to cultivate. I mean, attorneys have an independent fiduciary responcibility to the interests of their client, right? How would that work? It might introduce a completely different atmosphere within the administration, what with everyone having someone whispering secret advice in their ear on how to cover their asses. It might even explain the bizarre first cabinet meeting where they went around the table obsequiously praising the ground Trump walked on. They can say they didn't plan it because their attorneys planned it for them. But there is no honor among thieves and sycophants. And in the end lawyers always look for ways to advantage their client.

Well their leader is always willing to throw them under the bus, so they have no reason to be loyal. That's why Flynn wanted a deal.

Well their leader is always willing to throw them under the bus, so they have no reason to be loyal. That's why Flynn wanted a deal.
The funny thing about is the FBI said, yeah, whatever dude, which could make they already have a lot against the White House staff.

McCain broke ranks a "long period of time" ago.

After hearing McCain's incoherent gibberish while questioning Comey, I can't take him seriously anymore, even if he incidentally says something good.

It wasn't gibberish it was authentic gibberish. :) (referring to a clip from the movie Blazing Saddles)

After hearing McCain's incoherent gibberish while questioning Comey, I can't take him seriously anymore, even if he incidentally says something good.

It wasn't gibberish it was authentic gibberish. :) (referring to a clip from the movie Blazing Saddles)

At least he didn't say, "Excuse me while I whip this out".

Back
Top Bottom