• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

We're all gonna die.

Some of us are going to come back, ha

Some of us are going to come back, ha

Irrelevant, even on the off chance that it's true. It isn't not having more life after death that we're afraid of... it's death itself. And religious believers have the hardest time with death.

Mwahahahahahahaaaa!

Seven billion people haven't died yet. That's a non-trivial percentage of the entire population.

/notproven

I'm not suggesting zombies that can't be killed but rather CPR isn't given to the living. ....

I'm not suggesting zombies that can't be killed but rather CPR isn't given to the living. ....

CPR will not keep you alive indefinitely. Surrender to the forces of nature! It is your destiny, Schrodinger!

Then again, you're Schrodinger, so you're probably alive and dead at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Seven billion people haven't died yet. That's a non-trivial percentage of the entire population.

/notproven

Logical point. I guess we'll have to observe all seven billion to see if they all die.

You're welcome.

Carry on.

Hypothetically correct but hardly a reason not to live in the moment. ;)

It's meant more to be a reason to live in the moment. There's nothing like death terror management to keep you from noticing you're alive.

- - - Updated - - -

And that reminded me of this song:

"Pig"

Isn't it strange
How we move our lives for another day
Like skipping a beat
What if a great wave should wash us all away
Just thinking out loud
Don't mean to dwell on this dying thing
But look at my blood
It's alive right now
Deep and sweet within
Pouring through our veins
Intoxicate moving wine to tears
Drinking it deep

etc.

If we're lucky we'll get Alzheimer's and not even be aware of the fact that we're going to die. See. Dementia has its benefits. And if you live long enough, believe me when I say, you'll probably look forward to death. So, let's all celebrate. We're all gonna die. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom