• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

We're all gonna die.

Just because of this thread, I'm planning on obstinately being immortal solely to make a snitty point.

My doctor says I have 4th degree cancer and early onset Alzheimer's Disease. But the good news is I don't have cancer!

No she didn't. She doesn't have AD yet, but most of her patients do and they have absolutely no clue that they are going to die. Dementia does have a few benefits.

But, why is she speaking in the 3rd person?

No she didn't. She doesn't have AD yet, but most of her patients do and they have absolutely no clue that they are going to die. Dementia does have a few benefits.

But, why is she speaking in the 3rd person?

That sometimes happens with dementia. :p

This reminds me. What's to stop someone who's dying from going crazy and spending everything they have, maxing out their credit, gifting to friends and family, etc?

This reminds me. What's to stop someone who's dying from going crazy and spending everything they have, maxing out their credit, gifting to friends and family, etc?

The risk that you might survive has to be taken into account.

I have heard stories of people doing just that, and then discovering that they were misdiagnosed, and were not about to die after all - although those could well be apocryphal.

Also, most people who know they have very little time left are too busy being sick to enjoy a spending spree.

You're welcome.

Carry on.

Yep! And I don't think I get the say so on when either!

"As of June 2016 , human euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Colombia, and Luxembourg. Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland, Germany, Japan, Albania, Canada, and in the US states of Washington, Oregon, Vermont, Montana, and California."

What I think hylidae was giving us all is perspective. That's why I thanked her! I thought it was a very sweet and thoughtful OP...

Last edited:
That's going to be a solid nap.

82b3cae8d2ddcb61f8a184c10221e0fa.jpg

Sorry to ruin the party guys and gals but the fact is I'm immortal. I've known it for about 30 years now. Death is just a belief in permanence, and humans are creatures of change, like everything else.

Instead of saying we're all going to die you should say we're all going to change - endlessly.

Sounds dangerous actually but is quite accurate.

Sorry to ruin the party guys and gals but the fact is I'm immortal. I've known it for about 30 years now. Death is just a belief in permanence, and humans are creatures of change, like everything else.

Instead of saying we're all going to die you should say we're all going to change - endlessly.

My work here is done. :bow:

Dammit joe, did you have to ruin the party? :p :D

Now you know how my family members feel when after they tell me they're going to fly away to live in the sky I tell them I've already been there and they look at me like I'm a dork, which I am of course.

Why did the giant invisible spacemen and women make me such a party-pooper?

Now you know how my family members feel when after they tell me they're going to fly away to live in the sky I tell them I've already been there and they look at me like I'm a dork, which I am of course.

Why did the giant invisible spacemen and women make me such a party-pooper?

But how do you know they're "giants" if they're invisible? :p

Back
Top Bottom