• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What are we going to do about black people and all their guns?

Maybe "Whitey" should form gangs of violence on people of color in America? Oops already done that;Skin Heads,KKK, Pecker Heads, Hessians, etc.

Gee has the American Taliban finally come home to roost here on Freethought? Some people need not get all butt hurt and go all Guantanamo in that all Athena did was point out the obvious.:nodrama: And most of these patriotic fun loving mass murders have been brought to you buy, cranksters, spoiled white kids, anti government hillbillies and all the other forms of white trash and tin foil hat minions of Alex Jones nut jobs. This is not to say that only whitey has a lock on mass murders here in America. I guess the good news for some is that every now and then a person of color goes all "postal," and kills a butt load of innocent people all under the big tent of gun rights. And in the famous words of that perfect intellectual whiteness, Joe the Plumber, the death of your kids does not trump my 2nd amendment rights! See it is fun for the whole family. Does anyone ever notice that when white people go off and kill, murder in public it becomes a "shooting," a "tragedy," another " senseless killing," etc? Ah but when a Arab American, or a person of color kills in public sometimes it becomes an "act of domestic terrorism!" See is this not fun as we kill each other all in the name of gun rights. Oops. I mean the right to sell you guns and ammo. Silly me.

I shall tell you what you will never see here. When these so called white supremacist and folks like that wanna be Zimmerman will never do is go down to your local ghetto and mix it up with the brothers or vatos in relationship to guns and violence. Whitey usually just prays on other whiteys because it is so much more safer. But there are some brave white folks who know how to shoot into a car full of black kids bumping their music at a gas station minding their business and then order a pizza then call the cops the next day after everyone is looking for you. Yep nothing but standing you ground all over again in pasty bleached America I always like to say with pride.

So what to do about all the brothers packing? Why that's easy silly. We all need to follow the erudite patriotic advice of good people like the NRA and buy more weapons and then more ammo at your local WallMart! This way it is a win win for all parties and what true American patriots do or something like that. The short pecker Freudian types can feel their phallic power and racial superiority over the "other." And by the other that would entail the conservative party platform of hate on women, gays, illegals-code for Mexicans, of course blacks and every other non true American who does not resemble a character in an episode of Leave It To Beaver!

This country is so screwed up. But the gun lobbyist and gun manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank$$$$!. Remember we got to keep all those blacks thugs in check. Right?

Peace yeh right

Pegasus

Isn't that what we should do to criminals regardless of race?
As you can see from the OP most shootings are committed by blacks. By and large it's not whitey shooting black people, it's other blacks.
That is actually a crime, for which the perpetrators are prosecuted and imprisoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow are you ever predictable.
Predictions are very easy after the fact. Same as prophesies ...

for those of you keeping score, derec has once again left out the rest of my post. I do believe he's batting a thousand in both the categories of evasion and misdirection.

And now the rest of the post

Pretty much what has happened and is happening to black people already.

And that's with or without guns.

And if you scroll up, you can watch the video that goes with the post.

Here. The better version is at Comedy Central.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNNbduJO5L8[/YOUTUBE]

I have no way to express how horribly fucking racist the OP is. It boggles my mind. It has nothing to do with skin color, and putting it in those terms belies thought patterns most likely to result in false positives in threat assessment.

This one is racist but the one about whites & guns isn't? (Although I can't find the white one anymore, I think it got renamed.)

There is a self-segregating culture that is racist that results in crime.

Exactly--it's a culture, not something racial.

for those of you keeping score, derec has once again left out the rest of my post. I do believe he's batting a thousand in both the categories of evasion and misdirection.
And yet again you complain about me when you didn't comment on any of my points.

Yeah, black people are the only ones getting locked up for gun crimes or shot by police etc.

But having guns helps. ;)

That one was pretty silly.

Gee has the American Taliban finally come home to roost here on Freethought?
How is this "American Taliban"?
Some people need not get all butt hurt and go all Guantanamo in that all Athena did was point out the obvious.:nodrama:
I pointed out the obvious too - blacks are disproportionately perpetrators of gun crimes, especially gun homicides.
And most of these patriotic fun loving mass murders have been brought to you buy, cranksters, spoiled white kids, anti government hillbillies and all the other forms of white trash and tin foil hat minions of Alex Jones nut jobs.
"White trash". Nice racist language.
This is not to say that only whitey has a lock on mass murders here in America. I guess the good news for some is that every now and then a person of color goes all "postal," and kills a butt load of innocent people all under the big tent of gun rights.
I reject the whole premise that the only gun crimes that should be commented on are people going "postal" over "gun rights". Look at all gun crimes. Most are just plain old regular crime (like the OP case of tit-for-tat gang violence). These kinds of "going postal" incidents are luckily comparatively rare and most are not even politically motivated. The Vegas couple was but the Oregon high school shooter wasn't for example.
And in the famous words of that perfect intellectual whiteness, Joe the Plumber, the death of your kids does not trump my 2nd amendment rights!
I disagree with that. We need better gun laws in this country.
See it is fun for the whole family. Does anyone ever notice that when white people go off and kill, murder in public it becomes a "shooting," a "tragedy," another " senseless killing," etc? Ah but when a Arab American, or a person of color kills in public sometimes it becomes an "act of domestic terrorism!"
It depends on the objective and motivation. Timothy McVeigh was definitely a terrorist and also very white. A guy who goes postal because of personal problems is not a terrorist.

I shall tell you what you will never see here. When these so called white supremacist and folks like that wanna be Zimmerman will never do is go down to your local ghetto and mix it up with the brothers or vatos in relationship to guns and violence. Whitey usually just prays on other whiteys because it is so much more safer.
Yeah, churches are still the most segregated area of public life in America. Oh you mean preys. Well that actually goes across racial lines. Most homicides are intraracial, not intreracial. Whites tend to kill whites, black tend to kill blacks. But because there are so many more black killers out there, there are also many more black victims. But somehow pointing this fact makes one a "racist".

But there are some brave white folks who know how to shoot into a car full of black kids bumping their music at a gas station minding their business and then order a pizza then call the cops the next day after everyone is looking for you. Yep nothing but standing you ground all over again in pasty bleached America I always like to say with pride.
Got acquitted did he?

And yet again you complain about me when you didn't comment on any of my points.

Yeah, black people are the only ones getting locked up for gun crimes or shot by police etc.

But having guns helps. ;)

That one was pretty silly.

your points are pointless.

White shooters are covered in the media as is need of therapy and as lone wolves.
Non white shooters are covered as thugs and terrorists.

At no point have I or anyone else said black folk don't shoot people so showing that black people shoot people does what, exactly?

I explained this in the other thread but by then you were off to the rant races.

No one has said only black people get locked up. No one has said anything you want to rave against. So you just say they did and take off from there.

So you earn a

FAIL

The fact that when white folks talk about the "right to bear arms," the 2nd Amendment, and "stand your ground," they don't necessarily mean these guys:
View attachment 438
Or these guys:
View attachment 439
Those are Black Panthers. Not exactly the best choice for law-abiding gunowners. To refresh your memory Black Panthers engaged in bank robberies, bombings and murders.

Carrying a gun while black? You're a "thug."
No, carrying a gun while a member of a criminal organization makes you a thug.

White shooters are covered in the media as is need of therapy and as lone wolves.
It doesn't have to do with race. If somebody goes and shoots up a school because they are mentally ill that's very different than somebody (like the girl in the OP) being a gang assassin. Of course these two crimes are going to be covered differently regardless of race.

At no point have I or anyone else said black folk don't shoot people so showing that black people shoot people does what, exactly?
The point is that you singled out white people even though we are less likely to shoot people.
I explained this in the other thread but by then you were off to the rant races.
And I still don't buy that explanation.
No one has said only black people get locked up.
So why bring it up when it applies to all?

- - - Updated - - -

Which isn't true depending largely on the complexion of the persons lynching or being lynched,
Name me one person who lynched somebody in the last 20 years who wasn't prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

driven mostly by attitudes like yours, which despite weak claims to the contrary are steeped in a mire of race based thinking.
Nonsense.

In short there is a culture you participate in which is just as divisive and self segregating, and yes, violent, as the one in which the individuals in the pictures of your OP participate.
Even bigger nonsense.

It doesn't have to do with race.
yeah, it does.
If somebody goes and shoots up a school because they are mentally ill that's very different than somebody (like the girl in the OP) being a gang assassin.
you think such a person is in complete possession of her mental faculties? do you think she is representative of shooters, black shooter, female shooters, economically poor shooters? What?
Of course these two crimes are going to be covered differently regardless of race.
then stick to just the mass shooters, since you just admitted that this shooter and mass shooters are apples and oranges.
The point is that you singled out white people even though we are less likely to shoot people.
the first thread is about perceptions and how the media covers mass shooters differently. Its not an indictment of white people. The title is a play on what people of all colors say about black people without ever thinking about it. Most people reading that title got that. I think you got it too but you needed to spew some hate out of your system so you thought up this little ditty of a thread.
I didn't, you did.
- - - Updated - - -

Which isn't true depending largely on the complexion of the persons lynching or being lynched,
Name me one person who lynched somebody in the last 20 years who wasn't prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

driven mostly by attitudes like yours, which despite weak claims to the contrary are steeped in a mire of race based thinking.
Nonsense.

In short there is a culture you participate in which is just as divisive and self segregating, and yes, violent, as the one in which the individuals in the pictures of your OP participate.
Even bigger nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't have to do with race.
yeah, it does.
If somebody goes and shoots up a school because they are mentally ill that's very different than somebody (like the girl in the OP) being a gang assassin.
you think such a person is in complete possession of her mental faculties? do you think she is representative of shooters, black shooter, female shooters, economically poor shooters? What?
Of course these two crimes are going to be covered differently regardless of race.
then stick to just the mass shooters, since you just admitted that this shooter and mass shooters are apples and oranges.
the first thread is about perceptions and how the media covers mass shooters differently. Its not an indictment of white people. The title is a play on what people of all colors say about black people without ever thinking about it. Most people reading that title got that. I think you got it too but you needed to spew some hate out of your system so you thought up this little ditty of a thread.
I didn't, you did.
- - - Updated - - -

Nonsense.

Even bigger nonsense.

Way to miss the point of the thread by a light year! This thread is a direct response to the thread What are we gonna do about white people and all their guns? which makes a racially charged point about white people and guns.
Once more, contrary to your racially based OP which concerns Black people as whole, her OP addressed 2 SPECIFICS where "white men" are the prevalent ethnicity. 2 SPECIFICS clearly mentioned as in " mass shootings and Right Wing domestic terrorism".

It has nothing to do with skin color, and putting it in those terms belies thought patterns most likely to result in false positives in threat assessment.
I would agree, but as I said, if one insists on making it about race, shouldn't the race in question be the one responsible for vast majority of gun homicides (especially when adjusted for population share)?
I am rather certain that when it comes to threat assessment regarding the specific of Right Wing domestic terrorism, law enforcement agencies gathering intel are going to focus on Right Wing militias which you need to know are representative of "white men" not Black people. When it comes to threat assessment concerning mass shootings, they are well aware that the focus is not to be on profiling walking Black young males while concluding they are "up to no good" because they are young Black males, rather on the documented history of a series of mass shootings reflecting the element of the majority of shooters not being representative of ethnic minorities.

However, since you pursue to dismiss the specifics in her OP and how they related to the use of the terms "white men", I am obviously wasting my time.
There is a self-segregating culture that is racist that results in crime. It exists due to equally racist and otherwise socially cowardly policies that would fix the problem.
So whitey made Gakirah pick up a gun and kill people?
For starters, I am not one who will blame on "whiteys" criminal acts committed by any member of an ethnic minority. However, I think that it is important ,in terms of prevention, to support research targeting what may be the root cause(s) of such explosions of violence and rage. Why would 2 people raised in the same socio cultural environment behave so differently? Why would one turn out like Gakirah and the other remain harmless and certainly not concocting scenarios (they will act on) to murder their innocent fellow human beings? Is it a matter of nature or nurture?
First is bussing. Second is converting education funds from local districts to statewide pools divided based on district size and restricting sports earmarks. Third (and most painful and radical) is to take unilateral steps to force unfit biological parents to cede custody and to require biologically unproductive but capable parents to be parents to those children rather than having children of their own. It's the only way to crack the self-segregating racist cultures.
Forced busing was an unmitigated disaster but telling capable parents they are not allowed to have children of their own but have to raise somebody else's brats would be 1,000,000,000 times worse. The only proposal that would be both productive and doable would is your second one to distribute education funds on statewide basis rather than make school funding a function of local property values. However, adequate funding is just a part of the problem.
Both of you seem to place expectations on the public education system to prevent the incidence of shootings. Certainly, having adequate funding to provide a stimulating and motivational schooling environment can make a positive difference in the lives of kids coming from depressing socio cultural neighborhoods. However,mentoring programs manned by volunteers, especially high profile adults who have demonstrated the ability to overcome their own poverty and depressing social cultural upbringing/background. They become role models who send the clear message to those kids " you can do it too". The mentoring program manned by Black leaders in the Progress Village (Riverview, Fl.) community with the addition of the Middle School having been made a Magnet School (Performing Arts) have improved the quality of life and education of the neighborhood kids. When my middle daughter was accepted into the Magnet program, what I observed is (due to the import of parents coming from well off communities), an increase in parents voluntarism. Affecting positively the mentoring programs too. More monetary support towards those extra curricular programs coming from those well off parents.
At that point it won't be 'blacks' but rather a clear issue of criminal culture.
Of course it is criminal culture rather than a race as a whole but there is definitely a strong correlation between the two. In other words, while blaming all black people for black crime would indeed be racist, the insistence to ignore statistics because the result is not politically correct and instead to blame everything on whitey because of a handful of highly publicized cases is just as racist.
You appear to have your own issues in your case which led you to dismiss the 2 specifics clearly mentioned in Athena's OP in direct relation with "white men". But I am part of the folks who do not view a young Black man walking as a threat. Whereas I do view assault weapons carrying demonstrators popping up in an organized public political event as a clear form of intimidation and a threat. And those folks are by large representative of "white men" cultivating Right Wing ideologies with the added spice of the majority having a profound attachment to their religious beliefs. A dangerous mix of nationalism and religious hegemony. To include White Supremacy.

Especially when those demonstrators are part of the flagged hate-groups inventoried by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Just in your state of residency, Derec, the majority of those groups are representative of race supremacy ideologies :

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map#s=GA

Out of 50 groups, 45 have a direct connection with race supremacy ideologies. Out of those 45, only 6 are "Black Separatists" meaning an ideology related to Black race supremacy. And you and a couple of others in this thread *think* that Athena's OP addressing the specific of "Right Wing domestic terrorism" with a direct connection to "white men" is racist?

Let's look at her other specific regarding the succession of mass shootings shaking the morale of this nation . And school mass shootings are the most shock inducing events for the American public because we all know that children are the most vulnerable targets for a mass shooter like Lanza. Children cannot be expected to respond to an armed invasion of what is supposed to be a safe and nurturing environment the way adults do.

If you take the time to view :

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

what you will uncover is that indeed the vast majority of mass shooters having targeted schools, College Campuses, workplace, public places like the Aurora mass shooting, worship places were representative of "white men". Once more, the specific of "mass shootings" in Athena's OP directly connected to the mention of "white men". And you and a couple of other folks equate her specifically formulated OP( again 2 specifics directly connected to "white men") to your dumping all Black people without any distinction in your OP? Her OP cannot be deemed "racist" because she was not going after all "white men", she was focusing on 2 specific crime categories representative of individuals indeed with the trait of being part of the ethnic majority in the US.

what you will uncover is that indeed the vast majority of mass shooters having targeted schools, College Campuses, workplace, public places like the Aurora mass shooting, worship places were representative of "white men". Once more, the specific of "mass shootings" in Athena's OP directly connected to the mention of "white men". And you and a couple of other folks equate her specifically formulated OP( again 2 specifics directly connected to "white men") to your dumping all Black people without any distinction in your OP? Her OP cannot be deemed "racist" because she was not going after all "white men", she was focusing on 2 specific crime categories representative of individuals indeed with the trait of being part of the ethnic majority in the US.

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, the mental gymnastics some will use to excuse racism and bigotry against "white men." Had Derec made "specifics" regarding the prevalence of a non-white group in relation to X bad behavior, would you have given him a pass? Or would you have excoriated him for the unpardonable politically incorrect sin of noticing?

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, the mental gymnastics some will use to excuse racism and bigotry against "white men." Had Derec made "specifics" regarding the prevalence of a non-white group in relation to X bad behavior, would you have given him a pass? Or would you have excoriated him for the unpardonable politically incorrect sin of noticing?

You tell her! She's persecuting white people!

Some day, we will tell our grandchildren about the horrifying racism we endured, and their little eyes will well up with tears of admiration! [/conservolibertarian]

The title of the article in the thread I started

How the Right-Wing Echo Chamber Helped Spawn the Las Vegas White Supremacist Shooters

It was about media

About the propagation of an image of a particular image of a particular perpetrator that ignored the race of the members of this group.

ignoring race, as derec has so thoroughly proven and I knew he would, is not a luxury groups with large number of non white members have.

I knew this thread would happen, I knew what should be said and who would say it, and I knew it would prove my point.

Thank you derec.
Don't you go changing now.
What am I saying?

Of course you won't. As sure as the sun rises in the east, you will not change.
Ever.

The key words are "White Supremacists", which if memory serves, are entirely white.

No one has said only black people get locked up. No one has said anything you want to rave against. So you just say they did and take off from there.

So you earn a

FAIL

Does it occur to you that news reports aren't a good representation of the overall pattern? What makes the news are the things that are out of the ordinary. You see the outliers, not the average.

The average shooting is a criminal shooting another criminal, no witnesses. Such cases don't make the news.

Thus you see the outliers--the crazies, the public shootings, sometimes the domestics.

The public shootings normally only happen in areas where people are cowed by the gangs, otherwise there would be too much trouble with witnesses. Thus they're almost always done by non-whites.

Thus the shootings in the news by whites are basically always crazies or domestics and the latter are at best local news. The crazies we often hear about nationwide, though.

So you earn a

FAIL

Does it occur to you that news reports aren't a good representation of the overall pattern? What makes the news are the things that are out of the ordinary. You see the outliers, not the average.

The average shooting is a criminal shooting another criminal, no witnesses. Such cases don't make the news.

Thus you see the outliers--the crazies, the public shootings, sometimes the domestics.

The public shootings normally only happen in areas where people are cowed by the gangs, otherwise there would be too much trouble with witnesses. Thus they're almost always done by non-whites.

Thus the shootings in the news by whites are basically always crazies or domestics and the latter are at best local news. The crazies we often hear about nationwide, though.

it occurs to me Loren, that the news media reports these stories through a particular narrative and it is a narrative they don't use when speaking about non white people. This even though the people they choose to cover tend to look alike,

However if the people involved look like my kid, there is another specific narrative that harks back to his color. If the people believe as his friend Shaddie believes, worships as shaddie does, then they get a narrative too, center around their mosque.

But when the shooter is white, their is no white group that gets blamed. When it was made clear that white men were responsible for Oklahoma city, white men were not then targeted en masse.

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, the mental gymnastics some will use to excuse racism and bigotry against "white men."
Are you suggesting that the documentation I linked to pointing to the overwhelming number of Right Wing/Nationalist/White Supremacist groups known as hate groups is somehow the product of a "mental gymnastic" on the part of the SPLC? Does that documented reality make you that uncomfortable because members of those groups are representative of "white men" rather than ethnic minorities?

Does the documented reality of the vast majority of mass shooters not being representative of ethnic minorities but undeniably representative of "white men" make you that uncomfortable too?

Further, rather than engaging in accusations of my excusing bigotry and racism, why do you not invest your energy in refuting the documentation I presented? Because at this point, there is nothing in your reply which addresses it. Only some silly babbling attributing to me the motive to engage in "mental gymnastic" to "excuse bigotry and racism against white men". Rather than you relying on whichever mind reading capacity/ability since you attributed to me a specific motive, how about you present evidence of my being the type of person who would "excuse" any type of bigotry and racism to include against "white men".

Had Derec made "specifics" regarding the prevalence of a non-white group in relation to X bad behavior, would you have given him a pass?
Part of my yearly training is to study for and pass a series of Continuous Education Units.A top mandatory one being "Contagious diseases control and prevention". The emphasis being on which groups are most susceptible to be carriers of HEP C and HIV and further contaminate other individuals based on the specific behaviors of :

1) Use of injected recreational drugs.

2) Unprotected M/M sex.

The content is very specific as to Hispanic males between ages of 20 and 35 being most susceptible to present the vector of unprotected M/M sex. Do you actually *think* that I view such data as being bigoted and racist? Data compiled by the CDC and Health Department.

The content is very specific as to the higher incidence of the use of injected drugs among ethnic minorities thus most susceptible to be carriers of the 2 specific HEP C and HIV transmitted via the multiple re- use of sharps. Do you *think* I view such data as racist?

There is nothing racist and bigoted at all when it comes to data supporting the prevalence of any particular ethnic group members in specific harmful behaviors. Such data is necessary to apply prevention measures. The medical data I will view is necessary to increase education among the specific most susceptible groups.

In Athena 's Op case, the focus is on a pattern of specific harmful behavior exhibited by members of a specific ethnic group and certainly not meaning the entire ethnic group. Basically, what are we to do about guns being in the hands of Right Wing hate groups? What are we to do about guns being in the hands of mass shooters whose prevailing ethnic representation is not minorities but white?

I have no idea why the above is supposed to be bigoted and racist since the data on those two specifics support the concern regarding the prevalence of perpetrators representative of the ethnic majority. Might as well accuse the CDC and the Health Department to promote racism and bigotry via their data which includes details regarding ethnicity.

Derec's thread and by his own admission :

Originally Posted by Derec View Post
Way to miss the point of the thread by a light year! This thread is a direct response to the thread..
" A direct response to the thread..." that Athena started. A response to what precisely? Or a knee jerk reaction to the documented reality of the prevalence of representatives of the specific ethnicity white addressing 2 specific categories of harmful behaviors?

Or would you have excoriated him for the unpardonable politically incorrect sin of noticing?
Noticing what precisely as a "direct response to the thread" started by Athena linking in her Op to an article some of us actually took the time to read and even paid attention to its heading title? What else is there to notice from her OP and linked to article which justifies derec's OP dumping all Black folks in the same bag? Is that to be a continuation of derec's notorious reliance on negative stereotyping of Black people. Not that I just got off the boat ,Trausti. It does help to be tasked with monitoring a multitude of threads over the course of 7 years. Plenty of time to observe patterns.All kinds of patterns. And yes, there are all kinds of folks who feel it is their responsibility and duty to repeatedly and obsessively crap over one group or the other, whether they designate them by their ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.

Back
Top Bottom