• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I am making asparagus chicken for dinner.

Chicken breast chunks, lightly browned. Rough chopped onions, capsicum and mushrooms. Add a can of tinned asparagus and a tin of cream of something condensed soup and a touch of dijon mustard. Cook until chicken is cooked.

Cook pasta in separate pan until just al dente.

mix the two together and put into an oven dish. Lay fresh asparagus over the top and cover either cheese. Cook in oven until cheese is melted and slightly brown.

I am planning on making a couple of batches today so we have one tonight and one later in the week.

I try to make a better than average dinner every Saturday, but we were running low on groceries today. No fresh garlic, tomatoes, or any other garden vegetables.

I ended up baking some chicken with BBQ sauce, smoked paprika, garlic salt, and cinnamon. Then I pureed acorn squash with butter, garlic salt, and cinnamon, and steamed green beans and mushrooms then tossed them in garlic salt and alfredo. I usually cook a bit healthier, but was in the mood for flavour today.

I'm starting to get lazy with the pescetarian thing, and leaning on canned salmon more often. So I had that and some left-over breaded haddock instead of chicken.

Last edited:
mix the two together and put into an oven dish. Lay fresh asparagus over the top and cover either cheese. Cook in oven until cheese is melted and slightly brown.

I see so many recipes on social media call for hearty amounts of cheese. I can't do it unless it's Parmesan Reggiano. Occasionally we'll top baked tomato with it which is great.

I see so many recipes on social media call for hearty amounts of cheese. I can't do it unless it's Parmesan Reggiano. Occasionally we'll top baked tomato with it which is great.
I don’t out loads of cheese on, enough so that when the grated cheese melts, it’s joined up.

I haven't done a Dutch Baby recently, so I did this one for brunch today. It's ridiculously easy to throw together and yet has such a great presentation, not to mention taste. I sprinkled fresh oregano and thyme on it before baking, plus grated parmesan.

Dutch Baby.png

I haven't done a Dutch Baby recently, so I did this one for brunch today. It's ridiculously easy to throw together and yet has such a great presentation, not to mention taste. I sprinkled fresh oregano and thyme on it before baking, plus grated parmesan.

View attachment 40963
Save me the google search, what is a Dutch baby?

View attachment 40963
Save me the google search, what is a Dutch baby?
I don't know exactly why it's called a "Dutch Baby" (perhaps some chef's whimsy), but it's a mixture of eggs, milk and flower baked in the over for 15 or 20 minutes. I use a cast iron frying pan.

One of my own inventions, though I expect others invented it before me.

Fried pork chops with tomato sauce, mozarella cheese and mushrooms and fried onions on top.

Yummy
Easy to make
Easy cleanup

My last great garden tomatoes…

Attachments

• A0205D67-97A0-41D7-B0CC-6358083C6197.jpeg
    A0205D67-97A0-41D7-B0CC-6358083C6197.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3

I don’t out loads of cheese on, enough so that when the grated cheese melts, it’s joined up.

That's a good idea (that I might end up using). Overloading a dish with cheese just seems like a cheat .. of course it's going to taste good.

As an avowed microwave junkie I regularly enjoy microwave salmon. Place skin side down in a microwave safe bowl with a cover. Brush with olive oil then with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with Panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle some parsley or anything green for a touch of color. Microwave in two blasts. After the first blast cut in half and rotate the pieces 180 degrees to get things evenly done. Fast and fabulous.

Those frozen salmon pieces from Walmart work great. Just thaw in the fridge overnight.

Took a stab at making crab rangoon in the air fryer. They actually came out much better than I expected.

We used about 7 pounds of 80% hamburger to make tacos last night. Lots of left over.

Tonight I mixed some in a bowl with corn, green beans, onions and cheese and microwaved it and put on top of toast.

Tonight, my lovely wife made pasta with chicken and peas. She cooks diced chicken with some garlic, then adds chicken stock and pasta into the skillet, then the peas. To be honest, I am not a big fan of chicken, but this dish is delicious. Every time she serves it, I feel extra lucky to be married to her.

Breakfast.

Cooked potaoes from the refrigerator pan fried in oil until a little crispy seasoned with black pepper and currey powder. With a cheese omlette.

Breakfast.

Cooked potaoes from the refrigerator pan fried in oil until a little crispy seasoned with black pepper and currey powder. With a cheese omlette.

That's one of my favorite breakfasts but the rest of the family complains it's too smelly. But they complain more when I fry corned beef hash.

Corned beef hash, hash brown potatoes, and eggs. A divine combination.

Complain about the smell of corned beef hash??? I love CBH!

We had no power this morning so the wife and I went out for breakfast. I had a corned beef and cheese omelette. Yummy.

Breakfast.

That's one of my favorite breakfasts but the rest of the family complains it's too smelly. But they complain more when I fry corned beef hash.
Bilby keeps eating all his potatoes and carrots or I would make bubble and squeak.

Back
Top Bottom