• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I had left over stir fried eggplant. I mixed it with scrambled eggs, a good combo.

Pancakes. Ever since the surgery, my diet has gone feral. With so much stress and pain, I've been comfort eating like crazy, things I haven't eaten in years I'm now eating daily, like pancakes.

Years ago I cut out sugar and drastically reduced other refined carbs and potatoes from my diet, only occasionally eating sweets or white bread or whatever. I'm still using zero sugar sweeteners for tea and sugar free syrup on my pancakes, but since the surgery, it's been cream of wheat, rice pudding, pan cakes, mashed potatoes, and white rice.

So now I'm eating up all the "bad" foods I have on hand while reintroducing the healthier foods I also love like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and low carb or whole grain bread. Lots more beans and greens, too.

But meanwhile, pancakes. Got lots of pancake mix to get through. Oh, my goodness, how terrible. :)

View attachment 38023

Cauliflower and cheese. This works very well. I recommend cut up bacon for meat eaters or Morningstar bacon for vegatarians. Next time I make it, I’ll also want to bake parmesean cheese in the oven into a cracker, then crumble it into the mixture to provide more texture. Even when rich in cheese, this thing is low cal.

Did require some cooling after baking to rethicken.
Went with the Paradiso creamy gouda (I think I've mentioned it before in this thread) for Bunny Day. I cut the flour down a half tablespoon. No bacon, mostly vegetarians eating thing. The flavor was great and the texture was better, not as gritty with a little less flour. .

Scrambled eggs, rice, lentils, tomato sauce for breakfast.

Earlier this afternoon, I got Doug to describe what he wanted for dinner. A tuna casserole with corn instead of peas.
So I made it.

Now I can make a huge shrimp skillet with enough garlic to blow up the county. It's like shrimp scampi, only more garlic. And I'm putting a ton of cauliflower in the rice I'm pouring it on.

I don't like tuna.
He doesn't like shrimp, garlic, rice, or cauliflower.

It's perfect.
Tom

What yummy thing have you fixed lately? Or considered? Or are planning.

Social relevance would add spice to your story.
Tom

Dinner tonight, soup. I have some frozen Korean style chicken wontons. I tossed 6 of them in a mug and added a dash of olive oil. I trimmed and cut up about 6 green onions and added that and microwaved 3 minutes. I had a can of chicken and rice soup. Walmart store brand. I added that to my wontons. I added a bit of chicken bullion, some curry and ginger. Back into the micro wave 3 minutes.

Tomorrow I have a Walmart order coming. More mushrooms, milk and mushroom soup. And green onions. And ice cream makings. I will first try some egg nog ice cream, maybe with some cherries. I have a package of frozen raspberries for sherbet. With eggs, I can try to get my waffle cone maker going again. Sugar free cocoa waffle cones. Walnut flavored cones.

Breakfast

Boiled potatoes from the refrigerator fired in oil wit garlic and onions. Seasoned with black pepper, chile powder, and cumin. Add a cold boiled egg.

If I had some cooked groubd beef I woud have added it in, or summer sausage.

With pre cooked potatoes and eggs about 10 minutes to prepare. Easy cleanup of my non stick pan.

I have been experimenting lately with bean recipes.

today I have two pots on the go.

one is entirely plant based - canned four bean mix, half a can of lentils, two onions, 4 tomatoes, a carrot, capsicum, mushrooms and zucchini.

the other one is as above, with berlotti beans and fogliola beans and ham hock meat added.

they are both on a low simmer, and we will see how They go, giving them a stir about every 20 minutes.

Had the first rhubarb of the season. Made it like a pie filling and chilled it overnight in the fridge. Topped it with frozen blueberries and a bit of maple syrup. Cold and sweet, perfect break for a hot summery day.

In a 50 mile radius of me, rhubarb is utterly unknown and unobtainable. Nor does it grow well in this heat and humidity. That's Yankee food!

I've got some pork loin cutlets marinating in italian dressing and garlic. Going to cook them up tomorrow for dinner.

In a 50 mile radius of me, rhubarb is utterly unknown and unobtainable. Nor does it grow well in this heat and humidity. That's Yankee food!
That would be very true of rhubarb. But I see you had some refried beans, one of my favorites. I prefer the traditional ones from Trader Joes, beans, salt and water. I usually eat half a can at a sitting and finished a can yesterday.

If by Yankee you mean North and Central Texas, then I guess we're Yankees. Rhubarb is not all that common here, granted, but it's available if you know where to look, and it's certainly not unknown. Strawberry Rhubarb pie! mmmm.

I am meal prepping for the week.

I have chopped and steamed 5 serves of a veg medley consisting of a carrot, about a dozen Brussels sprouts, a half a cauliflower, a medium head of broccoli and 2 zucchini.

I have also chopped and boxed a 1/4 of a watermelon and a pineapple.

with a small tub of lowfat fruit yoghurt, my lunches are set.

I am waiting for Bilby to get up so I know how many days of sandwiches does he want and so I know how many hot meals to make. i am making a chorizo mix. It’s 350 g each of chorizo sausages and ham, 500g of grape tomatoes, 600g of vine ripened tomatoes, a tin of chopped tomatoes, 200g of tomato paste, about 200ml of red wine and 450 g of chunky chopped capsicum. It’s simmering away to reduce slightly, and I will cook up a heap of pasta and freeze some of the meals, and we can have the rest for dinner through the week.

meal prepping has helped keep my sanity while working full time on class.

If by Yankee you mean North and Central Texas, then I guess we're Yankees. Rhubarb is not all that common here, granted, but it's available if you know where to look, and it's certainly not unknown. Strawberry Rhubarb pie! mmmm.
Rhubarb likes a cold, damp climate. It’s native habitat is Siberia.

I grew up in the ‘Rhubarb triangle’, an area bounded by the cities of Leeds, Bradford, and Wakefield, which at one time produced more than 90% of the world’s commercially grown rhubarb.

They ‘force’ rhubarb in darkened sheds to make it grow quickly, and it grows so fast that you can actually hear it - it makes an odd creaking sound.

Back
Top Bottom