• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Grilled tuna sand which, tuna mixed with chopped celery and carrots. Mayo and black pepper.

Pickles on the side.

I boil vegetables every three or four days. I am making a batch of steamed chicken today, it will last three or four days.

I boiled a pot of potatoes that were getting old. Potatoes for week.

Been eating lots of hearts of romaine lettuce from our greenhouse, with sourdough garlic croutons and homemade Caesar dressing.
And some ribs (Katie Lee’s unbeatable recipe).
Hard to say which is better, but they sure go well together.

2319E5C2-37F0-4A62-BA81-8036F3BF06FF.jpeg
Roasted tomato/red pepper soup with gorgonzola. So much easier to make with immersion blender!

Hmm, never tried roasting my peppers and tomatoes when making my red pepper soup.

Do you have a recipe for the roasting part?

1) cut veggies in half, remove seeds from pepper.
2) place on parchment paper covered baking tray (not a sheet!!!)
3) coat with 2 TBSP oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
4) bake 25 to 30 mins till soft and a little charred,
5) In a pot, melt 1 tbsp butter.
6) Add 1 chopped up sweet onion, cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Not looking to brown them.
7) Add 1 to 2 tbsp tomato paste, mix. Then add 2 cups veggie broth. Use plastic whisk to meld it together.
8) Once the roasted veggies are cool enough, then peel the skins, add to the soup.
9) Bring to boil, cook for 10 minutes. Take off heat.
10) Add Gorgonzola (3 ozs I think) in pieces, and let melt into the soup.
11) The recipe says use a hand blender... but you should use an immersion blender, to blend the soup.
12) Season to taste. The soup lacks much flavor up front, then the gorgonzola comes through a bit.

This serves 4 or so. Needs croutons or a nice hunk of bread.

I apologize in advance for the recipe not being funny... in conclusion I mean.

Thanks.

I use V8 juice and tomato paste for my broth. I also add about a cup and a half of brown rice. I simmer it for about an hour to give the paste time to thicken the broth.

This recipe, the cheese manages the thickening. It really is a relatively quick process.

1) cut veggies in half, remove seeds from pepper.
2) place on parchment paper covered baking tray (not a sheet!!!)
3) coat with 2 TBSP oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
4) bake 25 to 30 mins till soft and a little charred,
5) In a pot, melt 1 tbsp butter.
6) Add 1 chopped up sweet onion, cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Not looking to brown them.
7) Add 1 to 2 tbsp tomato paste, mix. Then add 2 cups veggie broth. Use plastic whisk to meld it together.
8) Once the roasted veggies are cool enough, then peel the skins, add to the soup.
9) Bring to boil, cook for 10 minutes. Take off heat.
10) Add Gorgonzola (3 ozs I think) in pieces, and let melt into the soup.
11) The recipe says use a hand blender... but you should use an immersion blender, to blend the soup.
12) Season to taste. The soup lacks much flavor up front, then the gorgonzola comes through a bit.

This serves 4 or so. Needs croutons or a nice hunk of bread.

I apologize in advance for the recipe not being funny... in conclusion I mean.

You could add a few crushed cloves of garlic once you're cooking the soup, and scoop them out before you blend. And a few teaspoons of fish sauce never hurt anything.

You could add a few crushed cloves of garlic once you're cooking the soup, and scoop them out before you blend. And a few teaspoons of fish sauce never hurt anything.
It does call for garlic, and I keep forgetting to get it.

I fried a package of ground beef with a lot of garlic. I cook in bathes.

Over the week I'll add it o scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and rice ot pasta -with tomato sauce.

I'm back to making my "big pot" recipes that I can make and then eat leftovers for days. This week I'm making my final for the season (probably) one pot chicken parm and then I'll be ready to switch to cold dishes as much as possible now that summer is here. Later in the week, I'll make some chicken pasta salad that I can eat cold, plus I have some salad stuff, sandwich stuff, and cold cereal for mornings.

I'm back to making my "big pot" recipes that I can make and then eat leftovers for days. This week I'm making my final for the season (probably) one pot chicken parm and then I'll be ready to switch to cold dishes as much as possible now that summer is here. Later in the week, I'll make some chicken pasta salad that I can eat cold, plus I have some salad stuff, sandwich stuff, and cold cereal for mornings.
you-have-anymore-instant-pot.png

Chicken thighs from the air fryer and corn on the cob. Yummy!

I'm always forgetting to put applies in my chicken salad. But today I remembered and it's so good.

I don't understand.. you don't have garlic on hand all the time?
We keep lots of garlic around, including a garlic herb mix that is just scrumptious on eggs and chicken. Garlic is about the only "spice" my wife likes. For me, it's the more the better.

I don't understand.. you don't have garlic on hand all the time?
We keep lots of garlic around, including a garlic herb mix that is just scrumptious on eggs and chicken. Garlic is about the only "spice" my wife likes. For me, it's the more the better.

We usually make sure we have at least a few loose bulbs available, although I'm going through it a lot slower lately.

In the past year we used a lot of jarred tomato and alfredo sauces, and usually added a bit of garlic and other spices. But now we're trying to keep meals pretty simple. Lots of potato/veggie/meat dinners.

My bro/sis-in-laws make their own homemade alfredo sauce. It's pretty good. One of these days I'l have to get the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom