• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Chicken and melted cheese on a hoagie.

I like making grilled chicken and cheese sandwiches with a tomato sauce.

Pizza - bought base and sauce, topped with slices of roast pork, pepperoni and cheese.
Cheesy garlic bread - bought garlic bread with grated cheese in it.

Tonight is ‘can’t be arsed cooking’ night!

I made pasta and frozen meatballs for the boys but instead of meatballs I had some leftover breaded chicken that my wife made last night. Breaded chicken goes well with pasta/sauce and Parmesan cheese. It might also be called chicken parmesan with pasta :)

Had a hankering for some home made cranberry sauce. Substituted one tablespoon of lemon juice for water and cut the sugar in half. Wow did it come out great, quick and easy and not overcooked. Have another bag to make for tomorrow. Great with or without turkey.

I have never made an omelets in my life. I just makes nummy scrambles. More fluffy. And I just got a tube of impossible sausage, which would be great to try with eggs... but my physical is next week and I don't want to blow my cholesterol with the eggs. I cut back my egg consumption by about 75%. I had higher than happy levels and it is one of the only things I eat that actually has cholesterol in it.

And now that I think of it, cholesterol is one of my bucket list words for spelling right without trying hard (or at all).

Apparently Grapefruit season just opened up again, I've been having them at breakfast every couple days.

Apparently Grapefruit season just opened up again, I've been having them at breakfast every couple days.
Mmmm, love grapefruit. I sometimes get one of these for the convenience.

960081630-C1N1

Makes a great quick breakfast.

It’s that time of year, butternut squash time. Bought fixings for butternut squash ravioli with bacon, walnuts, sage and brown butter. Going to make the bacon in the microwave, going to try anyway.

Going to make the bacon in the microwave, going to try anyway.
I make bacon in the microwave. Use lots of paper towels. 2 minutes, rearrange the bacon, then another 3 minutes. I prefer my bacon tender, not crispy. You'll have to adjust the timing for your particular taste and oven.

For my lunches, I have been chopping up a whole pineapple and two large grapefruit and portioning them into 5 serves (four this week). If there is room in my boxes, I will add orange.

Despite holidays starting in 7 1/2 hours and 6 minutes, I plan on prepping my fruit for the week still.

Last day of school today so we are having a massive lunch. The kiddies that turn up are bring out into three rooms and a movie is being chucked on and we are rotating through a supervision roster. :)

It should be a sumptuous feast! Shame we can’t drink at school.

Last night my wife made tacos. There is enough for leftovers tonight but I'm not going to make it a traditional taco. Instead I plan to load up a bowl with vegetables that are good microwaved (carrots, onions, broccoli, green peppers, corn, lima beans, a once cooked baked potato) and add the taco meat and sprinkle the top with cheese. After it's cooked I'll put croutons on top.

I had Kimchi Jigae for dinner tonight which is a spicy Korean stew with kimchi, tofu, and seafood. I've been missing food with flavour and heat as the boys can't handle it, and Korean is really the way to go in that vein. I also picked up a 16 oz tub of Kimchi while I was at it.

I'd like to start making Korean food at some point but don't have the time. I have done Gochujang and a vinegar dipping sauce a while back.

Back
Top Bottom