• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I've never eaten lamb.

Lamb chops on the grill is great. But expensive. On par with Lobstah expensive but at least less messy.
Could you explain the difference from the standard pork chop to a lamb chop. And ground lamb to ground beef would be cool too.

Lamb chops are usually cut thicker than pork chops and are max 3 inches square. It's red meat, unlike pork and has a much stronger flavor than pork. They also tend to be a bit greasy. Get a small package and throw them on the grill!

I've never eaten lamb.

Lamb chops on the grill is great. But expensive. On par with Lobstah expensive but at least less messy.
Could you explain the difference from the standard pork chop to a lamb chop. And ground lamb to ground beef would be cool too.
Ground lamb is usually more expensive than ground beef. Where I live, ground lamb has gone up from $9 per pound to $11 per pound in the last year and a half, while ground beef has risen from $4 per lb to almost $6 per lb over the same time period. Ground lamb tends to have a "gamier" flavor than beef. In my experience, you can get ground beef with different amounts of fat but that is not true with ground lamb. My lamb burgers do not shrink as much as beef burgers. As an aside, ground elk is very lean and grills a nice burger.

This site Lamb vs Beef gives a nutritional comparison as does this one - Beef vs Lamb.

I've never eaten lamb.

Lamb chops are usually cut thicker than pork chops and are max 3 inches square. It's red meat, unlike pork and has a much stronger flavor than pork. They also tend to be a bit greasy. Get a small package and throw them on the grill!
The best thing to do is render the fat until it’s almost crispy! Yummmmmmmm

We are having stir fry pork.

I have made a marinade of chilli flakes, ginger, soy, orange marmalade, garlic, cumin, and honey. I needed the honey to balance out the saltiness as I had added salt and I shouldn’t have. The steak is marinading as we speak.

This will be added to some chopped zucchini, capsicum, corn spears, and water chestnuts.

Put five pounds of pork roast in the slow cooker this morning. Used the juicer to make two cups of fresh apple juice then added two coarsely chopped apples. Finally some celery and two pounds of drained sauerkraut. After seven hours it came out great and the aroma permeated the house. Lots of good eating for a couple days now.

I just realised Bilby is on lates so that means a change in meal plans for the week. So it’s salad for my lunches, and slow cooked beans for his lunches and my dinners.

Tonight we had leftover beef barley soup my wife made, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I love her soups, and they always improve with reheating. Besides beef and barley it has chopped carrots and celery. She likes gruyere cheese in her sandwich and I had colby.

The slow cooked beans are amazing!

In a slow cooker put cans of cannelloni beans, red kidney beans, any beans you like really, drainEd and rinsed. Add chopped ham, hotdogs or other pre-cooked meat. Add a can of cho tomatoes, some fresh capsicum, mushrooms and onions, stir in some stock, a good splash of red wine, stir and cook on low for 12 hours! Yummy!

Thawing some of last season's blackberries. Had biscuits with butter and blackberry spread at a local eatery that were fabulous. Going to see if we can make some for home. Thaw blackberries, remove the seeds with the juicer, reduce and add some sugar to taste. Haven't made biscuits in thirty years but they are easy.

Tonight, we lamb and vegetable kabobs. I take half-thawed lamb kabobs (they come frozen in a lump), cut them into small cubes about 2 inches or less in length, then sprinkle a little bit of salt on them, and then marinade them in olive oil, garlic and rosemary until they are completely thawed. The vegetables are just cut up and put on a skewer. I serve them with rice.

We had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner along with salad. We used to have it a lot more but my wife decided frozen meatballs aren't healthy so she only wants to use home made meatballs but she only does that maybe 6 times a year so I convinced her to let me buy a bag of frozen meatballs.

I always make the salad

My wife likes cucumbers, carrots and green pepper
One son only likes carrots and orange peppers
One son only likes cucumbers, carrots and orange peppers
I like anything.

Breakfast

Canned garbonzo beans and peas, rice, scrambled eggs, and tomato sauce.

Back
Top Bottom