• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Food for a hot day.

Mix tomato sauce form a can with salsa, add asparagus, chill in the freezer.

Just had a lunch of chickpea pasta with homegrown tomatoes and basil, topped with kalamata olives and mozzerella cheese.

Hamburgers with a tomato and green pepper salad. The salad is fresh tomatoes and green peppers chopped up, sprinkled with some chopped garlic and then olive oil drizzled over it. The salad should sit for at least an hour before serving.

The salad gets better by the hour if you like garlic.

I made Creamy Caramelized Onion Soup tonight. I'd had similar soups from a few high-end restaurants over the years and decided I wanted to give it a stab myself. It took a bit of effort, but it was fantastic.

I made a few changes to the recipe. I used a medium white wine instead of Vermouth because it was the smallest / cheapest wine at the LCBO. I feel like the Vermouth would have improved the soup, but not at 20 dollars a bottle of alcohol we don't want. I also doubled the garlic and started cooking it about 15 minutes after the recipe called to do so. The recipe wanted me to add the garlic in with the leeks, shallots, and onion, and cook the mixture for 35 minutes. The garlic was sliced, but that still seemed far too long. My approach now is usually to under-cook it if I can.

The only real mishap I ran into was that the leek, shallot, onion mixture took a little too long to caramelize. It was supposed to become deep gold, but I got tired of waiting and eventually settled for partially caramelized.

Anyway, my wife tried it and she said: 'I like the way it makes me feel'

As soon as I had my coffee and banana this morning, I went downstairs and made and ate two creamy scrambled egg and cheese wraps while more eggs hard boiled for other stuff. After that, I did some dishes, made a giant pot of macaroni salad, a big tub of hummus, a slightly smaller tub of marinated grape tomatoes, and a cake (yellow with chunks of cholate and caramel candy crumbled on top), and then washed all the dishes I used.

So that's pretty much what I'll be eating every day for the week. I try to make stuff that I can prep all in one day so I don't have to do any more food prep work the rest of the week.

We had coconut shrimp with orange/apricot/pineapple sauce last night. Sides were Jasmine rice, steamed broccoli and some very delicious melon. That is probably my favorite thing for dinner. Mr. Sohy promised me he would make that a lot more often if I agreed to let him purchase an air fryer. He loves his new air fryer and he's been making a lot of sweet potato fries in it too. So, I no longer have to beg for coconut shrimp as he is fulfilling his promise to me. :joy:

We had coconut shrimp with orange/apricot/pineapple sauce last night. Sides were Jasmine rice, steamed broccoli and some very delicious melon. That is probably my favorite thing for dinner. Mr. Sohy promised me he would make that a lot more often if I agreed to let him purchase an air fryer. He loves his new air fryer and he's been making a lot of sweet potato fries in it too. So, I no longer have to beg for coconut shrimp as he is fulfilling his promise to me. :joy:

OMG all of that sounds amazing.

I am snacking on a big tub of homegrown grape tomatoes. Sun kissed deliciousness.

I don't eat a lot of proceed food but once in a while.

Microwaved a potato, boiled hot dogs/peppers/onions, and mixed it with mustard.

Dude, you must have an iron stomach. Yoy!

Brought back some sourdough bread and green beans from the farmer's market. Steamed the beans and toasted the sourdough, drizzled on some EVOO, dash of salt. Fabulous.

Dude, you must have an iron stomach. Yoy!

Brought back some sourdough bread and green beans from the farmer's market. Steamed the beans and toasted the sourdough, drizzled on some EVOO, dash of salt. Fabulous.

I was missing two important ingrediets, saurkraught and picles. I do not use salt so once in a while I like something salty.

My regular diet is mostly plant based. Rice, beans, and vegetables with some chicken, fish, beef, and eggs..

I made Pico de Gallo for my birthday. Very simple and quick, but you get a lot out of it. Dice onion, jalapeno and marinate in lime juice/salt. While that's marinating chop roma tomatoes and cilantro, then mix it all together and you're done.

We ate it with tortilla chips, but I imagine it has a variety of other uses.

With fruit from the yard I made blueberry sorbet and blackberry sorbet. Came out awesome.

Pizza sandwhich.

Mozzarella, sauce, peperoni, onions on bread grilled in a pan. Beats any pizza.

As soon as I had my coffee and banana this morning, I went downstairs and made and ate two creamy scrambled egg and cheese wraps while more eggs hard boiled for other stuff. After that, I did some dishes, made a giant pot of macaroni salad, a big tub of hummus, a slightly smaller tub of marinated grape tomatoes, and a cake (yellow with chunks of cholate and caramel candy crumbled on top), and then washed all the dishes I used.

So that's pretty much what I'll be eating every day for the week. I try to make stuff that I can prep all in one day so I don't have to do any more food prep work the rest of the week.

My wife does that weekly, just did it yesterday. Generally, stir-fried veggies with black beans and ground turkey or chicken. She also makes several fruit smoothies which she freezes, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and low carb peach yogurt. She also cuts up apples into vanilla yogurt and tops them with crushed cinnamon Belvitas. She's lost about 50 lbs in the last 3-4 months eating this stuff.

I did the stacks of dishes she left for me today.

I made Pico de Gallo for my birthday. Very simple and quick, but you get a lot out of it. Dice onion, jalapeno and marinate in lime juice/salt. While that's marinating chop roma tomatoes and cilantro, then mix it all together and you're done.

We ate it with tortilla chips, but I imagine it has a variety of other uses.

Atop Jasmine rice with chicken wings or Salmon.

I was on my way home this afternoon and was feeling hungry. McDonalds, nah. Rallys, nope. Burger King, nuh uh. Shit, I've been wanting real Mexican for quite some time. My wife's idea of Mexican is Taco Bell. So I stopped at a place I've heard was good and got a chimi changa dinner, no beans. I was in heaven. I haven't had real Mexican in years. Added a jalapeno slice to every bite along with the spicy sauce. I have a feeling my heaven will turn to hell tomorrow morning when I hit the toilet.

It was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom