• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I don't like IHOP (went there 20 years ago, was the only person there, since it was a slow time of day, and got "hotcakes" that were just above room temp.) No comparison with the mighty Waffle House!!

Finally dragging myself out of the not cooking doldrums caused by a few things. Made Seitan for the first time in half a year plus. Went with another recipe which included adding small amounts of soy sauce, molasses, oil, and nutritional yeast to the gluten mixture... and using vegatable stock. I usually used a vegan chicken bullion, but that isn't sold at the local market anymore. :( I always cook the seitan in a broth of water, molasses (1/4 cup), and a good helping of whole cloves. My wife and I noticed no difference in taste, which was odd. The original recipe, I just used gluten and the vegan broth.

Next time I make seitan, I'm using apple cider instead of stock. Might even cook it in a broth of cider and cloves.

Planning to make some carrot soup today. Choices are carrot soup with carrot greens, carrot lentil soup or creamy thai curr carrot soup.

One recipe calls for celery, and I don’t havy any. But a search on “celery substitutes” comes up with green apples, which I have a LOT of, and might be interesting.

Yesterday, I did a roast pork with crackling, and after eating said crackling and some roast pork, let it cool so it could be sliced thinly for Bilby’s lunches. There was a bit left over and as I needed to make salad for my lunches, made a salad to go with it for dinner last night. Neither of us felt like dinner last night, so we just pecked. So tonight, it’s roast pork, cold, with salad. :)

Dinner. Lettuce, tomato, vegetable salad with canned salmon.

A chicken, swiss cheese, beans, tomatoes, and mayo salad.

So far, the usual First Breakfast of banana and coffee. Haven't really thought about Second Breakfast yet. Maybe toast and apple butter.

My usual first breakfast is a can of spicy V8 and my vitamins. But I'm out of V8 today. :cry:

First Breakfast was the usual banana and coffee. Second Breakfast was a small feast today. Three poached eggs, toast, tomato slices, and a few chunks of cheddar cheese, and second cup of coffee. Just finished and it was delicious, although the eggs were a bit over poached and two were more like soft boiled eggs than the runny poached eggs I like. It was all good, though. NOM.

First Breakfast was the usual banana and coffee. Second Breakfast was a small feast today. Three poached eggs, toast, tomato slices, and a few chunks of cheddar cheese, and second cup of coffee. Just finished and it was delicious, although the eggs were a bit over poached and two were more like soft boiled eggs than the runny poached eggs I like. It was all good, though. NOM.
I just had two eggs on a piece toast with a slice of cheese in between too.

I caused a minor controversy at the coffeeshop this morning by ordering a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast.

I still maintain that toast, ham, and cheese are all extremely common breakfast items of their own accord and shouldn't need a superfluous egg to justify their presence next to my coffee.

I caused a minor controversy at the coffeeshop this morning by ordering a ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast.

I still maintain that toast, ham, and cheese are all extremely common breakfast items of their own accord and shouldn't need a superfluous egg to justify their presence next to my coffee.
Damn straight. Your breakfast was made of breakfast. certainly more than my lasagna...

Dinner ... stir fried eggplant and tomato sauce. A favorite easy light meal.

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs. Potatoes mashed with heavy cream, canned green peas and corn, cumin and currey powder.

Don't make it much anymore, calories and blood sugar.

First meal made in the new air fryer. Sausage stuffed mushrooms. Damn, but they were good. And the wife loved them too.

20211106_175638.jpg

20211111_173844.jpg
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus with provolone. I think the wife put too much cheese in them but they were very good.

Back
Top Bottom