• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What should Kamala's ads say?

ideologyhunter

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism/beatnikism
I can't find any likely method of getting a message to the campaign, anything that would be heard. And we're obviously coming down to the final laps. So, what do my fellow Never Trumpers think should be stressed in campaign ads?
My top choice -- and I'm a broken record on this theme, but for me it's crucial, dramatic, and mind-blowingly obvious -- is that Trump behaved as disloyal malefactor in the 187 freaking minutes that he watched his criminal mob breaking out windows and door jambs in the Capitol, afterwards surging through the halls, looking for victims. Leave off the words treason or traitor, though they're justified. This is a President who turned on his own country and the rule of law.
A second line of ads needs to be targeted to the large % of voters who think Trump would be better for the economy. You'd think no one would need to be reminded what economic wreckage Joe Biden was handed in '21, but apparently lots of people need to be reminded.

Finally, anyone know how to suggest ad strategies to the campaign? Is it pointless to try?

I think she needs to steal the "draining the swamp" narrative and to start beating the drums asking America for a "mandate against corruption", talking about how America was betrayed by The Angry Orange and his sidekick Couchfucker.

It needs to stress that every vote counts this time, because it's not about whether your vote "counts", but about making the overall vote as high as possible to send an unambiguous message of what you want: for someone to clean up Washington for real this time.

This would go a long way in terms of securing down-ballot races, as well as bluing or at least purpling up some red states, potentially causing a much bigger landslide than expected and changing the balance of congress (and preventing the "Hillary" effect from 2016, where too many dems didn't vote at all).

Edit: "winning isn't enough; we need a mandate!"

I think the OP would fall under corruption too.

"Republicans from the White House to the Supreme Court to the House of Representatives and the Senate, corruption is rampant. And the Republicans that are not corrupt cover for those that are."

Highlights from the first Trump presidency. I'm sure MSNBC has a folder full of them. Call the ads: The Best of Donald Trump. Can a humorous spin be put on what this ass clown has done? It would be nice if you could keep MAGAheads from getting up to get another beer.

And spend the money on some real ad making talent. Get the folks who made Geico ads.

Dark Kamabla
m8rrlw.gif

Her ads should lampoon the Orange Felon. Yes, I know that narcissists love attention and lampooning someone is giving them attention but I think it's necessary to make fun of the Orange Fool. He's a villain and deserves ridicule.

Here ads should also paint her vision for the country and sing out the successes of the last four years.

I think counter the lies directly from Trump's anti Kamala ads.

Kamala is terrible at the border.
Fact: border crossings are at the lowest in three years. They could have been even lower if Trump had not objected to the bipartisan border pact. (newspaper headline for proof)

Trump will cure the economy by "drill, baby, drill.:
Fact: the US is pumping record amounts of oil. (newspaper headline for proof)

Trump: inflation is killing Americans.
Inflation is now very low and the Fed will likely lower interest rates in September. (newspaper headline for proof)

That sort of thing is what I am thinking of but I have never had one marketing class in secondary school so I will freely accept objections to my idea.

Last edited:
Her ads should lampoon the Orange Felon. Yes, I know that narcissists love attention and lampooning someone is giving them attention but I think it's necessary to make fun of the Orange Fool. He's a villain and deserves ridicule.
have you seen Eric Swallwell’s ad?

She was a prosecutor, she was a fair prosecutor.
Plans for the next four years. How do we grow out of the inflation from the last few years.
Link Trump to 2025, with him saying he likes it.
Reproductive rights.

America proved in 2016 that repeating Trump's ridiculous statements doesn't help gain votes.

I can't find any likely method of getting a message to the campaign, anything that would be heard.
[...]
Finally, anyone know how to suggest ad strategies to the campaign? Is it pointless to try?
Before there can be coherent strategies for getting the message out, first the Harris campaign has to settle on a message that goes beyond vibes and memes. And note that suggestions offered here have been in that vein.

First, where is she on the issues? She is infamously avoiding giving interviews, and her campaign website does not even, at the time of this writing, have an "Issues" tab.
harriswalz.png

I can't find any likely method of getting a message to the campaign, anything that would be heard.
[...]
Before there can be coherent strategies for getting the message out, first the Harris campaign has to settle on a message that goes beyond vibes and memes. And note that suggestions offered here have been in that vein.

First, where is she on the issues? She is infamously avoiding giving interviews, and her campaign website does not even, at the time of this writing, have an "Issues" tab.
View attachment 47241Patience grasshopper! She’s running a campaign right now and she is starting very late in the process. Interviews will come.

Back
Top Bottom