• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

There's much I do NOT know about the Web. My son was startled last week that I'd never heard of  Steam (service). But it might be unusual to discuss series and movies on a message-board never having heard of IMDB!

Had you offered a 1-paragraph essay contrasting Wikipedia and IMDB for quick glances, that might have been interesting.

But as it was your comment seemed like pure snark, like asking if someone was aware that 2+2=4 in a math thread.

Sorry if it wasn't intended as snark.

Are you aware that I almost always cite the IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) rating in my comments here?
Er, no I obviously wasn't aware of your posting history. Should I be? No offence was meant.

Ya want a cookie?

If you are trying to give the impression that you are NOT snarky, this was a very unsuccessful effort! 8-)
I think I‘lol need to go practice walking on eggshells before engaging with you. Wow.

Diving back into a Sci-Fi Channel series from the late 90s. First Wave

(I may have posted about this before)

Cade Foster was framed for his wife's murder, and is on the run from sinister forces. The government? The Illuminati? No. It's aliens. Turns out, he's "Subject 117," the one human who managed to resist their mind control and fight back. Also, he's a reformed thief who can pick locks and fight off multiple police officers at once. He teams up with a conspiracy theorist (publisher of an online magazing called "The Paranoid Times") and together they use the prophesies of Nostradamus to fight the alien invasion.

Of course that sounds ridiculous, and it is, but it was entertaining when I watched it on the first run. It doesn't hold up all that well, but mostly because of two things. One...it is just another of the slate of Sci-Fi Channel shows (and others) that took advantage of Vancouver's tax breaks - weird how everything in multiple series looks like Vancouver - and two, the depiction of the internet back then was...quaint in retrospect. And the music is cliche' 90s.

On the plus side, the acting is decent, the cast (aside from the conspiracy theorist named "Crazy Eddie") are all very good looking, and the show does a good job of revealing the alien invasion plan slowly rather than going from "there are aliens among us...now here's the big battle!" And the aliens are terminally allergic to salt, for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom