• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What will Trump do between now and January 20 at noon

Rachel Maddow just said the WSJ said Trump is going to form his own political party, the Patriot Party.

That should just about complete his destruction of the Republican party.

I can see the 2024 results in Alabama:

Joe Biden (D): 35%
Donald Trump (P): 33%
Whoever They Pick (R): 29%
Others: 3%

Welcome to the Blue State of Alabama.

Repeated across the country, to give an Elecoral Vote tally of:

D 535:3 R

(Alaska being the odd state out).

OK, perhaps it's not going to be quite that extreme, but it's not going to be difficult to predict a second term for Biden, with Trump as a spoiler.

That is a fascinating crystal ball view. Let me ask, if Trump forms his own party, yes he can raise money from his MAGAs, but will any big business line up with him? It would be great to see the republican party fracture, but does Trump have the big backers to pull it off?

Hmmm. He's going to take off in Air Force One, because whatever plane the President flies in is AF1.
But by the time they land, it'll be merely Air Force Flight CA110, or whatever. Wonder if they're going to tell him?
"Okay, okay, low card gets to tell him this isn't AF1 anymore, high card asks him to get out of the Presidential suite, whoever's left tells him it's now a cash bar."

If it takes off within an hour, they’ll probably land before the oath of office. I hope he gabs long enough to delay the departure.

Hmmm. He's going to take off in Air Force One, because whatever plane the President flies in is AF1.
But by the time they land, it'll be merely Air Force Flight CA110, or whatever. Wonder if they're going to tell him?
"Okay, okay, low card gets to tell him this isn't AF1 anymore, high card asks him to get out of the Presidential suite, whoever's left tells him it's now a cash bar."
Plane Staff 1: Good morning Mr. President.
Trump: Meh...
*pauses a second*
Trump: What is with the parachutes?
Plane Staff 1: Oh these things? They are Airplane Backpacks. A new Air Force Reg.
Trump: They look like parachutes.
Plane Staff 1: That is how you know they are working.
Plane Staff 2: Diet Coke Mr. President?
Trump: Meh... You have an "Airline Backpack" too?
Plane Staff 2: My wha....
Plane Staff 1: Yup! Everyone has these new Airline Backpacks.
Plane Staff 2: Yeah... has that new Airline Backpack smell.
*hour passes*
Trump: Meh! Lock me out of Twitter... Hey! I Need another drink here!
*looks around*
Trump: Hello?
*Gets up, moves toward Melania*
Trump: Hey, Melania... where is ever...
*notices Melania is a mannequin*
Trump: Hmm... at least she won't say no to me. *starts to take off pants*
*glances out window and notices he is over the ocean*
Trump: What the...?
*runs towards cockpit, which is empty*
Trump: They all betrayed me!
*plane goes begins descending towards Atlantic surface*
Trump: I'm too important to die! AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Plane Staff 2: Mr. President... wake up! wake up!
Trump: Wah... where am I?
Plane Staff 2: You are on Air Force One sir.
Trump: I just had the weirdes.... hey, why are you putting an Airline Backpack on Melania?
*Plane Staff 1 and 2 look at each other*
Plane Staff 1:Airline Backpack? This is a parachute.
*Melania leaps out of plane*
*Plane Staff leaps out of plane*

Trump: *looks around* Where is that Melania mannequin?

Rachel Maddow just said the WSJ said Trump is going to form his own political party, the Patriot Party.

That should just about complete his destruction of the Republican party.

I can see the 2024 results in Alabama:

Joe Biden (D): 35%
Donald Trump (P): 33%
Whoever They Pick (R): 29%
Others: 3%

Welcome to the Blue State of Alabama.

Repeated across the country, to give an Elecoral Vote tally of:

D 535:3 R

(Alaska being the odd state out).

OK, perhaps it's not going to be quite that extreme, but it's not going to be difficult to predict a second term for Biden, with Trump as a spoiler.

That is a fascinating crystal ball view. Let me ask, if Trump forms his own party, yes he can raise money from his MAGAs, but will any big business line up with him? It would be great to see the republican party fracture, but does Trump have the big backers to pull it off?

My Pillow, Coke Bros? Mercer gang?

One thing that won't happen is Trump resigns a day or two early and Pence pardons him.

I was right. I want everyone to focus on this and ignore everything else I may have predicted in the last 2.5 months. Aren't you in awe of how right I was? ;-)

One thing that won't happen is Trump resigns a day or two early and Pence pardons him.

I was right. I want everyone to focus on this and ignore everything else I may have predicted in the last 2.5 months. Aren't you in awe of how right I was? ;-)

Okay smartypants - tell us now: Did Trump give himself a secret pardon that we will only learn about if/when he is indicted for federal crimes?

Okay smartypants - tell us now: Did Trump give himself a secret pardon that we will only learn about if/when he is indicted for federal crimes?

Doubt it.
He finally was convinced that pardoning himself would piss off the Republicans who would vote on his impeachment.

I'll only answer if you promise to only remember it if it was right.

As I understand it, he was advised he could only issue pardons if specific crimes were listed on the pardons. I doubt he could fathom that his actions were criminal.

And the entire idea of a self pardon is ludicrous.

As I understand it, he was advised he could only issue pardons if specific crimes were listed on the pardons. I doubt he could fathom that his actions were criminal.

And the entire idea of a self pardon is ludicrous.

Yup. I saw something written, I think related to the old DoJ opinion regarding whether Nixon could have pardoned himself, and the point was that the accused person can not also be Judge and Jury for himself.

Any theories as to what T was up to in the final days, with the shakeup appointments in intelligence and Defense?

My personal hypothesis is that Pence told him to shut the fuck up and don't cause any more disasters or he'd get 25th'd on the spot. Pence said publicly that he would not 25th Trump but I really think that Pence had lined up enough cabinet votes to do it immediately if Trump acted up.

It's hard to know if the firings at Intel and Defense were Trump acts or his political appointees just doing it. Trump had some truly horrible people on his "team".

He was doing the Defense moves as far back as November, I think, before the 25th was a 'thing'. I dunno. It could be as petty as Trump deciding to do some firing just to show that he didn't like certain people who hadn't kissed ass enough. It sure looked Machiavellian, but perhaps it was just Trumpian (i.e. shitbrained).

Back
Top Bottom