• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What will Trump do between now and January 20 at noon

A Trump insider has told reporters that Big T will leave Washington on Wednesday morning, be flown to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland for a celebration in his honor. It may include a color guard (which Trump presumably vetoed until they told him what it meant) and a 21 gun salute. That last part stumps me -- are there really 21 members in his extended family?? (Maybe they can include Rudy, Ted, and Lindsey in the lineup.)

I guess I'm taking what I want from this but it seems from Trumps point of view he's finished with the job early to mid morning. So whos running the country for a few hours?

A Trump insider has told reporters that Big T will leave Washington on Wednesday morning, be flown to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland for a celebration in his honor. It may include a color guard (which Trump presumably vetoed until they told him what it meant) and a 21 gun salute. That last part stumps me -- are there really 21 members in his extended family?? (Maybe they can include Rudy, Ted, and Lindsey in the lineup.)

I guess I'm taking what I want from this but it seems from Trumps point of view he's finished with the job early to mid morning. So whos running the country for a few hours?

Vice President Putin?

Pence has been running the country since last week. Unless you consider doling out pardons.

Pence has been running the country since last week. Unless you consider doling out selling pardons.

FTFY

There’s that. But right now it seems that it is others collecting money for access. Certainly if any of that money ended up in Trump’s pocket there would be yet another criminal charge against him.

Pence has been running the country since last week.

And Pence has zero official powers. But everyone knows that Trump has checked out - unofficially abdicated. It's as if Trump 25th'd himself unofficially. Or has Pence told him that he has the signatures in his pocket and will keep it quiet if Trump just goes away.

And Pence has zero official powers. But everyone knows that Trump has checked out - unofficially abdicated. It's as if Trump 25th'd himself unofficially. Or has Pence told him that he has the signatures in his pocket and will keep it quiet if Trump just goes away.
Technically he is going to use the pardon power, and the limits of it are far from known, so he is far from 25th'd at the moment. He just doesn't give a darn about the country he is supposed to be leading at the moment... or since election day.

Technically he is going to use the pardon power, and the limits of it are far from known, so he is far from 25th'd at the moment. He just doesn't give a darn about the country he is supposed to be leading at the moment... or since election day.

Ha! So, line item 25th?

Yeah, take the meetings, the nuclear codes, the Red Phone...
Gimmee... oh, Secret Service, Pardons, the press room-
"Sir? (Warningly)"
Okay, FINE. Take the press. I still need Air Force One one last time, and a military parade.
"No."
"A military ceremony."
"No."
"A fucking honor guard?"
"You can have a color detail. And one flag flown over the White House."
"Why would i want that?"
"Get out."

I'm not saying he is 25th,d. I'm wondering if Pence has told him that he'd better keep his head down and not create any further disasters or he would 25th'd in two seconds. Pence has said that he will not 25th Trump but he may well have told Trump that he would be if he steps out of line.

ETA: out of line like trying to declare Martial Law..

15 hours to go. After that we can sleep a little bit easier knowing that where will be an adult human in the white house.

15 hours to go. After that we can sleep a little bit easier knowing that where will be an adult human in the white house.

Or wherever thry forward the calls to while the White House deals with fumigators, exterminators, sterilizers, exorcists, and an inventory of the China, silverware, copper wiring....

Rachel Maddow just said the WSJ said Trump is going to form his own political party, the Patriot Party.

That should just about complete his destruction of the Republican party.

Rachel Maddow just said the WSJ said Trump is going to form his own political party, the Patriot Party.

He'll make speeches, collect money to put in his pocket and split the Republican ticket.

I'm not saying he is 25th,d. I'm wondering if Pence has told him that he'd better keep his head down and not create any further disasters or he would 25th'd in two seconds. Pence has said that he will not 25th Trump but he may well have told Trump that he would be if he steps out of line.

ETA: out of line like trying to declare Martial Law..

That's exactly my theory.

I can see the 2024 results in Alabama:

Joe Biden (D): 35%
Donald Trump (P): 33%
Whoever They Pick (R): 29%
Others: 3%

Welcome to the Blue State of Alabama.

Repeated across the country, to give an Elecoral Vote tally of:

D 535:3 R

(Alaska being the odd state out).

OK, perhaps it's not going to be quite that extreme, but it's not going to be difficult to predict a second term for Biden, with Trump as a spoiler.

Great. Now all future Presidential historians will have to explain who Lil Wayne and Kodak Black were. I wish Trump had pardoned Dirty Old Bastard instead of his namesake, Steve Bannon.

Back
Top Bottom