• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What will Trump do between now and January 20 at noon

crazyfingers

Supermagnon
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanism
Because this topic https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?22727-So-what-s-next-for-Trump is about what Trump will do after he leaves office, I'm more concerned about what he does in the 2 months and about 2 weeks that he will still be president

Will he:
They to subvert the vote? Yes
Will he try to foment violence by his cult followers? Probably
Will he pardon a whole pile of criminals like Barr?
Will he pardon his spawn?
Pardon himself? If he can?

Will he pursue a scorched earth policy?

I think we can assume that every move he makes will be calculated to benefit himself and not the country. What irreparable harm will he do to the country in his twisted goal to set himself up to survive the rest of his life?

I am almost afraid to contemplate what he will do. He is an arrogant, opinionated, self involved idiot.

I just keep telling myself that the country managed to make it through the Civil War, malfeasance by multiple presidents, and all manner of previous calamity - so surely we can make it through the next two months.

Ruth

He won't benefit politically from pardons now so will there be any reason for him to give any now? Seriously, i don't think he has ever repaid a favor unless he could benefit from it immediately and I don't think that he will now. I do expect a number of people who Trump thinks didn't do enough for him to be fired, though. Christopher Wray is likely toast, for example.

ETA One thing that won't happen is Trump resigns a day or two early and Pence pardons him. Pence will never commit political suicide like Gerald Ford did.

I suspect he will do some pardoning, will pass as many last minute decrees as he can, but not much more. He dare not burn and destroy records that might incriminate him and his toadies. Illegal and nobody is going to help him here and fall on their own sword to do so. His immediate problem is the many lawsuits that were in abeyance, but now will start trundling forward, which will probably start taking his attention. Plus his imminent debts coming due he cannot pay. His grifting to date as president will cut off a small stream of income. All his big investments are money losers. I think over the next few weeks as he realizes he has lost and the official figures come in and that becomes final, he will give up and start whining and turning his attention to his future legal and financial predicament. He has followers, but not friends that can help him out in a major and quick manner once he is officially no longer president. The future for Trump is grim and as long as he lives, will be the Trump News as this grim spectacle plays out. I do not see him doing any real or lasting damage from here on out. The one to watch is that bastard Moscow Mitch.

I saw a person with a sign in front of the White House that said, "PACK YOUR BAGS, SKID MARK!" So he'll probably be doing some of that, figuratively speaking.

Honestly, he's not going to do anything different than he's been doing since 2016. He'll continue to be a juvenile, divisive, self-worshipping ass. I wish it weren't so but he's wholly incapable of being anything else.

He won't benefit politically from pardons now so will there be any reason for him to give any now? Seriously, i don't think he has ever repaid a favor unless he could benefit from it immediately and I don't think that he will now. I do expect a number of people who Trump thinks didn't do enough for him to be fired, though. Christopher Wray is likely toast, for example.

ETA One thing that won't happen is Trump resigns a day or two early and Pence pardons him. Pence will never commit political suicide like Gerald Ford did.

President Clinton didn't benefit politically by pardoning Marc Rich. Quite the opposite. But Rich's large check cleared, so the Clintons were OK with the results.

And Pence's political career was already in the toilet. That's why he signed on as Trump's VP, back when Trump had a 3% chance of winning. Pence stiffed his Christian supporters out of an Indiana Constitutional amendment barring gay marriage after he'd been soaking up their money and votes for several years.

He was Indiana's governor for years before Trump tapped him for VP. I am from his hometown. I know Pence quite well.
Tom

I saw a person with a sign in front of the White House that said, "PACK YOUR BAGS, SKID MARK!" So he'll probably be doing some of that, figuratively speaking.

Honestly, he's not going to do anything different than he's been doing since 2016. He'll continue to be a juvenile, divisive, self-worshipping ass. I wish it weren't so but he's wholly incapable of being anything else.

But for the last four years he had another election to consider.

Now he doesn't.
What might a totally self-serving asshole, with nothing left to lose, do? If they have access to top secret military plans and such?
Tom

He can:

- start campaigning for 2024
- get an early start on Trump TV
- get briefings on countries that don’t have an extradition treaty with the USA (first briefings he’d pay attention to)

If they have access to top secret military plans and such?
Tom
Fuck All. Really.

I JUST took the Classified Material Handling Training. For me it's an annual requirement. For his briefers, it's day-in, day-out.

tRump has paid almost no attention to any of this shit for four years. Now, a sudden interest in the classified details is one of the classic warning signs in the training.

People with money problems? The other big warning indicator for security alerts. Every one of his briefers knows his vulnerabilities there.

He's not the guy who handles the briefing books. Someone else reads to him, shows him slides, they are the ones who control the actual documents in the secure briefing room. If he asks to take the folder off for personal study, they may not say, NO but they will ask why, and assign an officer to follow the binder around until he's finished with it.

They will also notice if he starts taking notes, and will prevent classified notes from leaving the classified briefing.

He MIGHT suit thru a brief, ask some questions (maybe auestions Vlad asked him to ask), then run off and write down the details where no one is watching, but that will mean he has to rely on his memory. I'm unimpressed by his ability to recall details about things he doesn't really understand, like weapons, troop movements, physics, decimals, the bible....

I really, really do think his ability to retain and reveal classified will be limited for the next th ree months. A WHOLE lot of, "Why do you need to know, sir?" and "We covered that three years ago, sir."

Deferential but not complicit.

I suspect he will do some pardoning, will pass as many last minute decrees as he can, but not much more. He dare not burn and destroy records that might incriminate him and his toadies. Illegal and nobody is going to help him here and fall on their own sword to do so. His immediate problem is the many lawsuits that were in abeyance, but now will start trundling forward, which will probably start taking his attention. Plus his imminent debts coming due he cannot pay. His grifting to date as president will cut off a small stream of income. All his big investments are money losers. I think over the next few weeks as he realizes he has lost and the official figures come in and that becomes final, he will give up and start whining and turning his attention to his future legal and financial predicament. He has followers, but not friends that can help him out in a major and quick manner once he is officially no longer president. The future for Trump is grim and as long as he lives, will be the Trump News as this grim spectacle plays out. I do not see him doing any real or lasting damage from here on out. The one to watch is that bastard Moscow Mitch.

It's true he is 100% transactional and anything he does will probably be about:

Staying out of jail
Staying solvent
Keeping his adoring cult blow Job

Tom
Fuck All. Really.

I JUST took the Classified Material Handling Training. For me it's an annual requirement. For his briefers, it's day-in, day-out.

tRump has paid almost no attention to any of this shit for four years. Now, a sudden interest in the classified details is one of the classic warning signs in the training.

People with money problems? The other big warning indicator for security alerts. Every one of his briefers knows his vulnerabilities there.

He's not the guy who handles the briefing books. Someone else reads to him, shows him slides, they are the ones who control the actual documents in the secure briefing room. If he asks to take the folder off for personal study, they may not say, NO but they will ask why, and assign an officer to follow the binder around until he's finished with it.

They will also notice if he starts taking notes, and will prevent classified notes from leaving the classified briefing.

He MIGHT suit thru a brief, ask some questions (maybe auestions Vlad asked him to ask), then run off and write down the details where no one is watching, but that will mean he has to rely on his memory. I'm unimpressed by his ability to recall details about things he doesn't really understand, like weapons, troop movements, physics, decimals, the bible....

I really, really do think his ability to retain and reveal classified will be limited for the next th ree months. A WHOLE lot of, "Why do you need to know, sir?" and "We covered that three years ago, sir."

How many people have lied for him? Lied about important stuff? Giuliani is his personal lawyer. You think he's too good to do something dastardly for money, or whatever?

Seriously, your post looks remarkably naive to me.

"Oh, Trump is just a bitter old washed up politician, failed businessman. What harm could he do to USA security interests while insisting that he's the real president?"
Tom

How many people have lied for him? Lied about important stuff? Giuliani is his personal lawyer. You think he's too good to do something dastardly for money, or whatever?
No, i have a lot of faith in the people that the military put in those briefs, not the incompetent fools Trump chose.
Seriously, your post looks remarkably naive to me.
'Kay.
"Oh, Trump is just a bitter old washed up politician, failed businessman. What harm could he do to USA security interests while insisting that he's the real president?"
Well, i suppose paraphrasing me is easier than dealing with the actual content of my post.
Toodles.

No, i have a lot of faith in the people that the military put in those briefs, not the incompetent fools Trump chose. 'Kay.
Well, i suppose paraphrasing me is easier than dealing with the actual content of my post.
Toodles.
Keith&Co is right. I happen to have some very solid knowledge from a family member who was career military and was involved in this area. Just be assured that the "button" will not be pushed without excellent reason, and whatever classified knowledge Trump has or acquires is not going to be thorough enough or tempting enough to our enemies to make it worth their while to assist him in any way.

Ruth

"So, comrade Trump, did you memorise the classified briefing as we instructed?"

"Of course I did! I have the best memory. People are saying that I am a very stable genius! For me, it's easy to memorise anything".

"Excellent! So, what exactly was the content of the classified materials?"

"Well, let me recall, yes, I remember exactly: Person, woman, man, camera, TV".

I hope he never concedes. That's a win/win/win/win situation.
1. Win #1: His base seems to love him more, the crazier and more vain he gets. And they love conspiracy talk. Makes them feel edgy. They'll cheer him on with this new pathology.
2. Win #2: For the rest of us, a fitting final act to the Theater of the Absurd we've lived in since Jan. '17. History's biggest sore loser and weenie, why not? There's no law that he must concede.
3. Win #3: It diminishes him, and that's good all around. Other Repubs who aren't out on the Guiliani/Graham branch will feel more and more that they can start living in a post-Trump world. And maybe Trump will realize the most galling thing of all: the moment has passed, and most of us don't care if he concedes or not.
4. Win #4: One less breaking news event, which the networks will feel compelled to cover live, with Donald J. Trump at a microphone. We still have to smell his farts for another 10 weeks, but at least not this one. Stand your ground, Donald!!

Tom
Fuck All. Really.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was being fed a steady diet of poison pill misinformation for months now.

No, i have a lot of faith in the people that the military put in those briefs, not the incompetent fools Trump chose. 'Kay.
Toodles.

One thing from.my own experience is that the military is designed with exposure to political/civilian access in mind.

The real adults know when and where children can walk into the room and make sure almost everything is screwed down or nailed to the floor.

While it's the first time it has ever been quite this bad, they know, and everything is and had been done to prevent most of the worst externalities to having a white house this porous I am sure.

This doesn't mean that the white house is not a leaky ship but rather they way the brass is going to handle the situation is probably reasonable because they've been doing this for centuries now with a whole litany of manbabies and frauds and bought men of washington.

President Clinton didn't benefit politically by pardoning Marc Rich. Quite the opposite. But Rich's large check cleared, so the Clintons were OK with the results.

But we are talking about Donald Trump here, not Bill Clinton. Trump didn't even pay contractors who did work on his properties. Why should he when he knew it would cost him less to go to court. Anything he owes becomes null and void the instant he doesn't believe he will benefit immediately by paying the debt. In the next two and half months he may decide that Kushner and Don Jr. cost him the election and throw them under the bus. (He lusts for Ivanka too much to blame her.)

And Pence's political career was already in the toilet. That's why he signed on as Trump's VP, back when Trump had a 3% chance of winning. Pence stiffed his Christian supporters out of an Indiana Constitutional amendment barring gay marriage after he'd been soaking up their money and votes for several years.

He was Indiana's governor for years before Trump tapped him for VP. I am from his hometown. I know Pence quite well.
Tom

It was back on the instant he became VP. I'm sure that he has aspirations to run for president. He won't compromise that position.

Yeah. Let him do that all he wants. Putin would have the sense to throw it all in the trash anyway.

Back
Top Bottom