• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Where is Bernie Goetz when you need him?

These gangs are a reflection of the economics of their upbringing.

These are the unneeded and unwanted of capitalism.

Yes.

Let's not rid ourselves of this forever through economic programs.

Let's shoot somebody.

You're part of the problem, not part of the answer.

Yes.

Let's shoot somebody.

One thing is clear.

You are a sycophant of authority.

Not a free man.

Bernie Goetz - acquitted killer and a drug dealer - is more likely to have been part of the swarm rather than part of the solution.

Bernie Goetz has been remembered for what he thought he did, not what he really did.

The version of the incident which stuck in the public mind was a Charles Bronson fantasy scenario, which Bernie cooked up in the days before he turned himself in. He had a detailed, second by second narrative, in which he assessed his situation, made a careful battle plan of who to shoot first in order to escape a situation in which he was outnumbered 5 to 1. This went all the way to his scripted lines. Nothing like that really happened.

The forensic evidence shows a different story. Bernie was in a blind panic, overcome by fear, and firing wild. It's not really clear why he started shooting, because we only have his recollections of it all.

This is very true.

Yes.

Let's shoot somebody.

Liberals like untermensche have virtually no influence in American policies. So your claim is full of crap.

Teens Commandeer BART Train In Violent Takeover Robbery Of Passengers

Had a few of the young thugs been shot, the rest of them would have fled and hopefully thought about their life choices.
As it stands now, it is questionable they will ever be caught, which would embolden them to try it again.

I seriously do not understand what is wrong with you that makes you leap upon the questionable solution of shooting black kids.

Whatever it is is worse than kids robbing people on the BART.

Your racism is showing.

Derec said nothing about the race of the perpetrators. The article says nothing about the race of the perpetrators.

And note that this is not an isolated incident, merely the biggest to date of a series of escalating attacks.

In most jurisdictions training isn't required to get a conceal and carry permit. Thanks NRA!

Requiring training is always a cop-out on the part of the legislature. Look at cars for how it should be handled--show that you know the law, show that you know how to handle the equipment you want a license for. How you learned is of no concern to the state.

TBH that many kids aren't going to keep quiet about this. The organizers will face punishment.

And someone will testify? :hysterical::hysterical:

And these things need to be addressed, but a TRAM getting mugged by dozens of people?! That is unnerving and the response should be, 'man, that is a bit out of control', not 'well you know what happens with income inequality'.

No, the response should be that this is the kind of thing that happens with wealth inequality and power inequality.

And if it is horrific then we should attack the causes.

Ok.

<Pulls out gun, shoots untermensche>

I seriously do not understand what is wrong with you that makes you leap upon the questionable solution of shooting black kids.

Your racism is showing.

Derec said nothing about the race of the perpetrators.
Derec used the word "thugs", a word he almost exclusively uses regarding blacks.

Derec used the word "thugs", a word he almost exclusively uses regarding blacks.
Wrong.
And a particularly stupid allegation here, because I have no special access to information about the race of perpetrators.

Higgins must be assuming they are black because they are criminals.

I did look through several news stories on the attack, and oddly, in this day of cell phones and surveillance cameras, not one of them actually had any video. They all had stock footage of people getting on and off BART trains.

Wrong.
And a particularly stupid allegation here, because I have no special access to information about the race of perpetrators.

I did look through several news stories on the attack, and oddly, in this day of cell phones and surveillance cameras, not one of them actually had any video. They all had stock footage of people getting on and off BART trains.

Nah, the assumption was because Derec brought the article to the forum. At least on my part. Hard to imagine that Jimmy had any other reason...

I also thought that it was a little weird that there was zero footage. Actually makes me think that at least some of the kids are white. Which would make it kind of a first for Derec.

- - - Updated - - -

Your racism is showing.

Derec said nothing about the race of the perpetrators. The article says nothing about the race of the perpetrators.

And note that this is not an isolated incident, merely the biggest to date of a series of escalating attacks.

lololol.

Loren, as mentioned by others and also by myself: I did make an assumption, not based on the fact that a crime was committed, but on the fact that Derec brought it here for 'discussion.'

But feel free to name call all you want. You have a posting history, too. And we are all aware.

Wrong.

Not wrong: your well documented use of the term 'thug' has been almost exclusively limited to blacks. I personally cannot think of a single exception but probably you called some Hispanic a thug. Wouldn't be a big surprise. If Jimmy is willing to qualify it with 'almost,' I'll be agreeable and accept that he remembers more than I do.

Derec, maybe you need some sleep or some glasses or something because usually you are not so careless in your reading. This is the second post that I can think of where you clearly misunderstand what the poster you are quoting is writing. I disagree with you far more often than not, but I don't usually think you didn't read something carefully.

Not wrong: your well documented use of the term 'thug' has been almost exclusively limited to blacks.
No, it is not "well documented". In fact, I have repeatedly stated that there are thugs of all races.
Now, it is mostly black ones where there is controversy. If a white thug named Michael Brown had robbed a store and attacked a police officer, it would have been a local news item in St. Louis, not a months long national story. A white Michael Brown would be just as much a thug, but we would not have had a 100+ thread about him.
I guess that's where most of the confusion comes from. That and your (and others') left-wing prejudices.

Derec, maybe you need some sleep or some glasses or something because usually you are not so careless in your reading. This is the second post that I can think of where you clearly misunderstand what the poster you are quoting is writing. I disagree with you far more often than not, but I don't usually think you didn't read something carefully.
Huh?

Nah, the assumption was because Derec brought the article to the forum. At least on my part.

Derec said he does not know what race the rioters are. Given it has not appeared in any of the reports or video available to date, he seems credible in this.

The problem seems to be on your end.

Wrong.

Not wrong: your well documented use of the term 'thug' has been almost exclusively limited to blacks. I personally cannot think of a single exception but probably you called some Hispanic a thug. Wouldn't be a big surprise. If Jimmy is willing to qualify it with 'almost,' I'll be agreeable and accept that he remembers more than I do.

Toni, you are being racist by saying that because Derec refers to criminals as thugs, that it must mean that thugs means black people. YOU are the one connecting "criminal" with Black". "Thug" just means "a kind of criminal that acts like a bully in the street".. "a strong arm type".

Nah, the assumption was because Derec brought the article to the forum. At least on my part. Hard to imagine that Jimmy had any other reason...
As noted, Derec used the word "thugs". Certainly a misunderstanding on my part from Derec's intent (possibly) if he just used the word "thugs" in the general sense and not in the context he typically uses it as (i.e. black person who in Derec's mind has committed some crime, including peaceful protesters).

I also thought that it was a little weird that there was zero footage. Actually makes me think that at least some of the kids are white. Which would make it kind of a first for Derec.
Doubtful. 30 second strike, which if they have time lapsing cameras, the whole thing could have gone down with little footage captured. Or there could be footage, but ID'ing could take time. Whoever was involved need to pay some consequences.

Toni, you are being racist by saying that because Derec refers to criminals as thugs...
Derec almost exclusively uses the term with blacks. Black teens, black criminals, violent black protesters, peaceful black protesters, etc...

I'll gladly recant if someone can show a few examples of him using the word otherwise.

No video is available yet. The people who had their phones out had them stolen from them.
Surveillance video has been collected and given to police. I am sure some of it will be released eventually.
According to Google, Oakland is 35.66% black. So, we should expect to find 1 out of 3 of them black, right?

Toni, you are being racist by saying that because Derec refers to criminals as thugs...
Derec almost exclusively uses the term with blacks. Black teens, black criminals, violent black protesters, peaceful black protesters, etc...

I'll gladly recant if someone can show a few examples of him using the word otherwise.

I'd prefer you show an example (just one, if you want.. no need for "a few") of Derec assuming someone was black because they were called a thug, OR of him calling someone a thug because they are black.

If you want to say that the word thug is racist then that is just exposing your own racism because you are internally associating "criminal" with "black".

The word "thug" is old. been around a long ass time. When I hear the term, I think of mobster types... Like the folks in the IRA.. or the Italian Mafia.
Of the stupid ass use of terms I see around here, this one is the most comical to me.

Liberals like untermensche have virtually no influence in American policies. So your claim is full of crap.

Policies are not the cause of this, "culture" is. A major enabling cause is a sense of entitlement rooted in leftist notions such as violence against innocent people being permissible and excusable because "capitalism".
Reactionary leftists (not liberals) like untermenche have plenty of influence in spreading such toxic mind-viruses.

Back
Top Bottom