• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

Actually: Starfleet dropped charges because they saved Earth in the next movie. As of the end of III and the beginning of IV they were officially fugitives under the protection of Sarek's diplomatic umbrella. I thought this was all pretty clear.

The Good Mistress, 7/10; A Lifetime channel movie that I go sucked into because the lead actress, Annie Hiese, is similar looking to a young Danica McKeller. i.e. total babe. Anyway, after some major trauma, Sandy is making a new start in life in a small town with the help of a good friend. She soon meets a very charming, attractive man and has a quick fling with him. To her horror, the man turns out to be her friend's husband. AWKWARD ! Digging deeper, Sandy discovers there is a connection between this guy and an earlier murder of another young woman he possibly had an affair with. I think I was more mesmerized by Hiese than movie but I enjoyed the movie. And Kendra Anderson was pretty hot too.

No need to apologize for a Lifetime movie bender, we've all been there.

No need to apologize for a Lifetime movie bender, we've all been there.
Speak for yourself. The closest I got to a Hallmark/Lifetime movie was one with some wicked cross sections, Bruce Boxleitner, Melissa Gilbert (my wife likes her) were both in a movie with a few other actors from other shows, and it was an odd convergence of actors from many programs we both liked. A Galaxy Quest of sorts for Hallmark/Lifetime movies.

Ghost Busters 2016= I really thought this movie was going to suck, according to the critics. But it wasn't too bad, the original wasn't that funny either. A few laughs and the whole family could watch it. Wouldn't pay to see it though. 5/10

Watched "Sicario: Age of the Soldado" yesterday. A solid 7. Not quite as good as the first one, but still great. The movie reminded me of the maxim "You just fucked with the wrong people". :D

Currently watching "Azorian: the raising of K-129" on Netflix. Good movie if you like documentaries. Another solid 7 even though I'm not quite finished watching it.

Surely a " Rotten Tomatoes " recipient.

And no wonder. The world's second worse actor Adam Sandler stars in Pixel. I swear Kevin James looks embarrassed to be in this trash.

A group of middle aged arcade game champions must save the planet from an alien attack.

1/10

Surely a " Rotten Tomatoes " recipient.

And no wonder. The world's second worse actor Adam Sandler stars in Pixel. I swear Kevin James looks embarrassed to be in this trash.

A group of middle aged arcade game champions must save the planet from an alien attack.

1/10

It wasn't a good movie, but I didn't hate it as much as everyone else seems to. What did anyone expect from this flick anyway? Certainly, it was a neat idea and could have been better executed, but I've been far more insulted by other Adam Sandler movies e.g. Ridiculous Six (god, what a shiftiest). Also, Zohan, The Longest Yard, Grownups, etc.

As for Kevin James, it just goes to show that the writers and production staff on King of Queens must all be brilliant people. I remember him actually being funny on that show. His standup is wretched, and he should be tried at the Hague for the Paul Blart movies.

Hey, Paul Blart: Mall Cop was frigging awesome. It has a 100% positive review rating from people who are currently sitting at my desk.

It wasn't a good movie, but I didn't hate it as much as everyone else seems to. What did anyone expect from this flick anyway? Certainly, it was a neat idea and could have been better executed,
It was done well in an episode of Futurama.
but I've been far more insulted by other Adam Sandler movies e.g.
Quite true. I believe some of those are now on the list of war crimes if you force people to watch them.

Saw Shrek 2 last night. Its a light fluff movie, but pretty okay for what it is and got some laughs out of me. I'd say it isn't really much of a step down from the original Shrek either, which was pretty much the same. 7/10.

Watched the cult classic " Wild At Heart last night. Stars Nicolas Cage and the the then very scrumptious Laura Dern.

After getting out of prison, a young man and his lover start a new life by moving to California.

A brilliant and well acted movie from circa 1990.

9/10

Excalibur (1981).

I loved this movie when I was a kid and there are still things I love about it. It's very operatic, overly dramatic, and more at home in a theater than on the screen. However, it's still a wonderful film that simply wouldn't get made today. The practical effects are tremendous, as are the sets, clothing and armor, score, and setting. It also does a wonderful job at capturing the mythic qualities of King Arthur's Camelot.

It doesn't hold up as well as I wish it would, but it's still worth a revisit ever few years.

Also, you get to see Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, and Helen Mirren in their younger days, which is interesting. Oddly, it seems Patrick Stewart was born bald and greying.

7/10

Excalibur (1981).

I loved this movie when I was a kid and there are still things I love about it. It's very operatic, overly dramatic, and more at home in a theater than on the screen. However, it's still a wonderful film that simply wouldn't get made today. The practical effects are tremendous, as are the sets, clothing and armor, score, and setting. It also does a wonderful job at capturing the mythic qualities of King Arthur's Camelot.

It doesn't hold up as well as I wish it would, but it's still worth a revisit ever few years.

Also, you get to see Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, and Helen Mirren in their younger days, which is interesting. Oddly, it seems Patrick Stewart was born bald and greying.

7/10

I loved Excalibur but not so much when I saw it again 20 years later.

Just saw Juliet, Naked. which was what you'd expect from the stable that produced it.

Not going to save the world but thoroughly enjoyable.

Excalibur (1981).

7/10

Seeing Merlin say "anal" everytime he casts a spell never gets old. Also keeping your full suit of armour on when having sex. How does that even work?

Excalibur (1981).

7/10

I love this movie, and it's now on Amazon Prime, so I can pretty much guarantee that I'm going to be watching it again soon for all the reasons you listed.

The only thing that really bothers me is the over-dubbing. I mean, every movie has to have some dialogue replaced in post production, but this movie seems to have had all of it done, and not very well.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Do1p1CWyc[/YOUTUBE]

Peter Jackson's, WW1 documentary 'They Shall Not Grow Old'.

In cinemas in the UK now. I was lucky enough to catch it for free on the BBC last night.

10 out of 10 imo, and I wasn't even a particular fan of Peter Jackson as a director.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

It's a satire of rock biopics that provides pretty consistent laughs, revels in absurdity, but for some reason doesn't reach its potential. But it's still better than most comedies that come out now, so it's worth a watch.

5.5/10

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

It's a satire of rock biopics that provides pretty consistent laughs, revels in absurdity, but for some reason doesn't reach its potential. But it's still better than most comedies that come out now, so it's worth a watch.

5.5/10

I gave it an 8. Many of the jokes went over many people's heads because they didn't get the references.

Back
Top Bottom