• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

Nightcrawlers 8/10

Jake Gyllenhaal did an excellent job with his character. Surprisingly good movie. I was expecting a 6 going in.

Predestination 9.5/10

How many ways can one person fuck themselves? I lost count.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
0/10
You may have heard about this movie being kinda bad
And let me say that everything you have heard is true
The characters are all annoying and stupid
The acting is bad
The effects are bad (The turtles are just horrible to look at)
The script is awful
and the whole thing is just a complete and utter mess of a movie

Sharknado 2
1/10
I wasn't much of a fan of the first movie
And I was even less of a fan of this movie
It still beats the turtles
About the only good thing about this movie is that it at least realises it is just completely stupid and runs with it
So for some that might help a little
But overall I just couldn't get into this movie

Edge of Tomorrow 5/10. Starring Tom Cruise. It's a SciFi Groundhog Day as Cruise dies battling aliens and comes back again and again making progress each iteration of the battle. It was rather tedious most of the time. I can't understand why such a mediocre rehash got such good reviews.

David Lynch masterpiece, or so called critics called this movie. Blue Velvet starring Isabella Roselini [in her prime] and Dennis Hopper plus the delicious younger Luara Dern. The plot is a little hard to follow at times but is worth a watch if you haven't yet seen it. 8.5/10

So I finally saw

El Topo
The Fuck?/10

I'm not sure what to say about it. May have to see it again.

0/10
The acting is bad
The script is awful

Sharknado 2
1/10
About the only good thing about this movie is that it at least realises it is just completely stupid and runs with it
Did you lose a bet and now have to subject yourself to the worst movies ever made?

Edge of Tomorrow 5/10. Starring Tom Cruise. It's a SciFi Groundhog Day as Cruise dies battling aliens and comes back again and again making progress each iteration of the battle. It was rather tedious most of the time. I can't understand why such a mediocre rehash got such good reviews.

I still don't understand why they changed the name. The original title is much more bizarre and intriguing, while the new title is bland.

I still don't understand why they changed the name. The original title is much more bizarre and intriguing, while the new title is bland.
I agree. "Thomas Cruise Mapother IV" sounds much cooler than "Tom Cruise". I blame the dumbed down audiences.

0/10
The acting is bad
The script is awful

Sharknado 2
1/10
Did you lose a bet and now have to subject yourself to the worst movies ever made?
No I do enjoy watching bad/low budget movies
generally
most of the time
just not this time:D

0/10
The acting is bad
The script is awful

Sharknado 2
1/10
You want to add to that list there's dozens of rotten raspberries around like The Cars That Ate Paris, Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes, Piranha, etc., etc.

10 starring Dudley Moore and a host of other well know stars including the beautiful starlet Bo Derrick. Directed and produced by the legendary Blake Edwards. 8.5/10

Oculus - 7/10

A fairly well done horror movie and better quality than most of the crappy-assed horrors which have come out recently. They kind of overdid it in all the jumping around between time periods and having the monster create illusions stuff, so that it was difficult to follow what was going on some of the time. Not difficult in a "they have created mystery" type of way, but more in a "this is a bit of a jumbled mess" kind of way.

Devil in a Blue Dress

9/10

Carl Franklin directed and wrote this fairly faithful adaptation of Walter Mosley's novel, which is a very good neo-noir. Denzel Washington is a very solid lead, portraying Mosley's Easy Rawlins. Tom Sizemore (unhinged villain) and Jennifer Beals (halfway between femme fatale and nice girl) are also good, but the real reasons this one is a winner are the period atmosphere that Franklin creates, and Don Cheadle's scene-stealing performance as Easy's loyal but lethal friend Mouse Alexander.

Sixteen Candles another of the teen flicks of the same formula only this one is not smut. Whatever happened to Molly Ringwald. 7/10

No I do enjoy watching bad/low budget movies
generally
most of the time
just not this time:D
Probably need to change you handle to Mike Nelson.

Mike and the Rifftrax team will be riffing Sharknado 2 live in July. I could not make it through the movie without the riffs, but am looking forward to watching it with the help of Mike, Kevin, and Bill.

Back
Top Bottom