• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White People, Black Jesus Will Enslave You

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.vice.com/read/white-people-black-jesus-will-enslave-you
IMG-3662.jpg

There are hundreds of Black Israelite congregations across North America preaching their own brand of religious-based racism. I hung out with the leader of a Bronx chapter and learned how a white man might avoid getting ass-raped on Judgment Day.

Considering that this denomination/religion was invented by a former slave, is it any wonder that it involves fantasies of an all-powerful deity visiting violence upon white people?

In the century and a half since the end of slavery, the African-American community has been subjected to an endless stream of often violent injustice. In light of that, is it any surprise that this religion has continued to flourish?

I don't think this is a matter of religion making people stupid, but rather of fear, hate, injustice and pain making people stupid. That some of the stupidity happens to be wrapped up in a religion is purely coincidental. The religion is simply a vehicle for a revenge fantasy.

Damn, I thought it would be that Pastor Manning guy. I should have known it was really the Black Israelites.

Well, I'm ready to put on purple capes and Wonder Woman bracelets.

...okay, really, if you've ever seen these guys ranting at local street corners or subway terminals, you know they are magically stupid - and yet sometimes get a white person into freaking out. Nearly everything they say is absolutely ridiculous, and yet people try to out-shout them, even though they usually have a loudspeaker system to just overpower everyone.

I can see why people would want to shout them down, but in the end they're just some lunatics yelling on a street corner...

Last year I was riding with a friend to the downtown public library in Wilmington NC, when what to my wondering eyes should appear but not one but TWO Black Israelites. OMG I said and started laughing. My friend had no idea about what I was laughing at and when I explained to her who the Black Israelite were, her visage darkened and she became quite upset. I assured her that no one I knew (and I know ALOT of people) took them seriously and people tend to treat them as a joke. She believed me but she seemed to be quite sad after that. I'm not sure it had occurred to her that black folk could number among themselves this tiny minority who wanted so desperately a divine terrorism to be visited upon "the white man."

I'm not sure it had occurred to her that black folk could number among themselves this tiny minority who wanted so desperately a divine terrorism to be visited upon "the white man."
I wonder if the Black Israelites and Westboros could ever have a cooperative demonstration?

'God hates homos' and 'God hates honkies' just seem to go together.

I'm not sure it had occurred to her that black folk could number among themselves this tiny minority who wanted so desperately a divine terrorism to be visited upon "the white man."
I wonder if the Black Israelites and Westboros could ever have a cooperative demonstration?

'God hates homos' and 'God hates honkies' just seem to go together.

From what I have heard the black israelites are pretty homophobic

From what I have heard the black israelites are pretty homophobic
I am not at all surprised.

then, what, a reactionary group, once Westboro and Israelites are in bed together, causing God hates Homies to take to street corners...

Back
Top Bottom