• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who lies more --- the Left or the Right?

Who lies more -- the Left or the Right?

• It's only the Right which lies, never the Left.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • It's only the Left which lies, never the Right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There's no provable case where the Left lied.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • There's no provable case where the Right lied.

• Both sides lie, but the Right lies more than the Left.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Both sides lie, but the Left lies more than the Right.

• Whichever side is better at lying is the one which will win.

• Getting your candidates elected takes priority over telling the truth.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Hunter Biden laptop never existed, despite the recent trial.

• It's necessary to lie when it helps win more votes for your side.

• Total voters
On Chicago Progressive Radio there were talk-show hosts at the time who insisted that the laptop did not exist. They said Giuliani fabricated the story that Hunter Biden's laptop had been taken by the FBI to be used for evidence.

Perhaps these pundits believed the lie (that the laptop didn't exist), but they relied on Biden Administration sources for it, and those higher-level sources knew that the laptop did exist. It was during the 2020 election season, and this story would hurt Biden in the November election, so their best response to the story was to deny that the laptop even existed. Admitting that it did exist would promote rumors about it which would cost Biden some votes.
The laptop was never taken to the FBI. The laptop was most likely never in the possession of the repair place.

The whole controversy has been over an image of the laptop, not the machine itself. And the image has unquestionably been tampered with so it is of absolutely zero value as evidence of anything other than Republican lying.

Yes, a lot of stuff on the image has been shown to be genuine--clearly at some point someone got access to his actual machine and imaged it. However, it also has stuff that is demonstrably false. This is the equivalent of Photoshop.

It may be true that today Republicans lie more than Democrats. Or that Trump raised the level of lying one notch higher. Whereas before Trump it was about equal between the two sides.

This study is over a decade old, before Trump was even President.

I posted here because this is where the search sent me.
Time served!
Assange could be free to go home soon.

Speaking of lying, anyone remember "death panels"? Oh gosh, that was a classic. And effective! Those lies helped crush the Democrats in 2010.

There was so much bemoaning during Obama, I had forgotten the "terrorist fist jab". Yeah, the left is just as bad at lying.

I remember a fox news report that Obama had ceded half of Maricopa County to Mexico. The piece aired while stock footage of policia and violence in Mexico played.

The reality was that Bush had closed a portion of a national wildlife refuge to the public to make it easier for border patrol to patrol. Anybody in the area was unauthorized.

Then there was the fox news report that LA County had bought millions of dollars worth of jet packs for its police.

The DHS bullet conspiracy theories.

Everything that's ever come out of Alex Jones' mouth.

Those were over a decade ago. Its only gotten worse since then, hence the losses in defamation lawsuits. Flood the zone with shit.

And who could forget that Operation Jade Helm was a dry run for Obama overthrowing the government so he could stay President for a 3rd term?

Then when a President actually tried to overturn an election - complete with a mob of violent followers and a felonious fake elector scheme? The same folks who swore up and down Obama would never leave peacefully decided that what really happened on January 6th was that Antifa, BLM, and the FBI all teamed up to storm the Capitol. Not one Trump supporter was involved!

George Santos. I mean, this guy alone is enough to give the entire roster of democrats a run for their money.

Fact check: Trump rewrites Wisconsin history in rally filled with false claims

Former President Donald Trump made more than two dozen false claims at his Tuesday campaign rally in Racine, Wisconsin, including two significant attempts to rewrite Wisconsin history.

The first was a slightly vaguer than usual version of his familiar lie that he won Wisconsin in the 2020 presidential election. He lost the state by 20,682 votes.

The second was a version of a false claim Trump delivered in 2020 and again in 2022: his assertion that he had saved the Wisconsin city of Kenosha from destruction in 2020 when Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat, refused to take action to deal with the civil unrest that followed the police shooting of a Black man.

“By the way, you know, Kenosha: I saved Kenosha, do you know that? When I was president. Right? Right? I saved it,” Trump said Tuesday. “Kenosha was — Kenosha was about ready to go down the tubes and the governor wouldn’t move, he just wouldn’t move, and I moved. You know, I’m not supposed to; it’s supposed to be the governor, is supposed to do it, the mayor and the governor.”

Debunking in the link.

If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. - President Obama. It's debatable whether it was an intentional lie, but it was highly damaging to public perception of the ACA.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware that the plans that didn't qualify were overpriced and subpar, but he should have said Insurance companies would be less able to overcharge for garbage coverage.

If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. - President Obama. It's debatable whether it was an intentional lie, but it was highly damaging to public perception of the ACA.
How many people lost their health insurance plans? Almost no one.

The people that lost their "plans" had plans that weren't actually health care plans, but generally catastrophic coverage plans.

The people that lost their "plans" had plans that weren't actually health care plans, but generally catastrophic coverage plans.

If I remember correctly, the number of people who gained coverage exceeded those who lost it. This doesn't change the fact that some people couldn't "keep it".

If I remember correctly, the number of people who gained coverage exceeded those who lost it. This doesn't change the fact that some people couldn't "keep it".
It is overly simplistic to say that though. Plans that weren't actually health care insurance plans were nixed. Most Americans kept their insurance. The GOP was trying to make people freak out that the entire system was going to change. Most people didn't even notice it happened at all.

The same folks who swore up and down Obama would never leave peacefully decided that what really happened on January 6th was that Antifa, BLM, and the FBI all teamed up to storm the Capitol. Not one Trump supporter was involved!
so, then why are they considered patriots and hostages worthy of pardons?

It is overly simplistic to say that though. Plans that weren't actually health care insurance plans were nixed. Most Americans kept their insurance. The GOP was trying to make people freak out that the entire system was going to change. Most people didn't even notice it happened at all.

Understood & I agree. Can we agree that the statement did not accurately depict what would happen?

Back
Top Bottom