• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president?

Who will win the 2020 Democratic nomination?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hardly a betrayal of BERNIE.

She endorsed the candidate who was more likely to win and more likely to accomplish anything at all.

That's not how Bernie supporters took it.

That doesn't mean they are not wrong to take it that way.
Unless Warren had previously promised to support Sanders, it is childish for Bernie supporters to view it as a portrayal.

Unless Warren had previously promised to support Sanders, it is childish for Bernie supporters to view it as a portrayal.
I think the reason they feel betrayed is
1) that they are both supposed to be in the left/progressive wing of the Democratic Party, unlike Hillary and
2) that Bernie tried to get Warren to run. Therefore, he supported her but she did not support him.

Bloomberg has cracked double digits in one national poll, but is still being excluded from the debate because of the silly donor rule. While I think Perez/DNC were right in having increasingly tough requirements for the debate, the donor rule turned out to be a dud.

And look what happened.
He became President, LD. That's what happens when you win the election for President.

What are the consequences of a Trump presidency?

Or don't you think it matters, so long as 'your' guy wins?

Again: my two biggest concerns re: Sanders are his age and his ability to accomplish anything given his reputation for being difficult to work with.

Bloomberg has cracked double digits in one national poll, but is still being excluded from the debate because of the silly donor rule. While I think Perez/DNC were right in having increasingly tough requirements for the debate, the donor rule turned out to be a dud.

Bloomberg didn't need to be in that last debate, as he was on Late Night or whatever it's called, with Steven Colbert. Colbert did a great interview. I'm very sure that more people watch Colbert than those meaningless debates. Bloomberg is loved in the New York metro area, but I just don't see him getting enough support from the rest of the country to make him the nominee. I do like that he said he will support whoever ends up being the nominee, even if it's Bernie, who he has strong disagreements with. Bloomberg, unlike some people, realize that none of the Democratic candidates are as dangerous as Trump. I respect him for that.

And look what happened.
He became President, LD. That's what happens when you win the election for President.

We have reached peak liberal obfuscation: winning isn't something we should strive for, because just look at what happened when the opposition won. I'm out. I can't do it anymore. I need a drink

And look what happened.

Again: my two biggest concerns re: Sanders are his age and his ability to accomplish anything given his reputation for being difficult to work with.

"Difficult to work with" = difficult to buy, bribe, or corrupt.

I want to see an honest politician as president in my lifetime. Why don't you? Do you not think he's going to pick an equally ethical running mate?

"Difficult to work with" = difficult to buy, bribe, or corrupt.

I want to see an honest politician as president in my lifetime. Why don't you? Do you not think he's going to pick an equally ethical running mate?
You had Carter already.

Morning Consult post-Iowa poll

200206_iowa-vote-choice_sidebar_2.png

Good news for Bernie and Pete. Bad news for Biden and Warren. So-so for Bloomberg.

Back
Top Bottom