• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why Did Muhammad Use A Jewish God?

Things are moving in ways that are generally not known - like the koran is likely a summary of the Bible!

the Qur'an is an oral commentary on the Old Testament. The opening lines of Surah two, dhaalika l-kitaabu laa rayba fiih, which correctly translated is 'that is the book in which there is no doubt'. Traditional scholars translate dhaalika as this, but this is correct in no Arabic. Dhaalika is a distal demonstrative, it is not self-referential. The Qur'an is clearly talking about another book. Considering that the Jews and Christians are Ahl al-Kitaab, it stands to reason that that book is the Old Testament

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/theolog...llowship-jewish-christianity-and-the-quran_ft
Two aspects of Late Antique religious history have puzzled scholars for over a century: one, the gradual disappearance of those parts of the Jesus movement that were committed to ritual purity ('Jewish Christianity') from the fourth century C.E. onwards, and two, the appearance of Islam in the seventh century. My research project situates the Qur'an vis-à-vis the supposedly vanished tradition of ritually committed followers of Jesus and explains tendencies throughout Late Antiquity, from Matthew to Muhammad, that may allow us to appreciate both the Qur'an and Jewish Christianity as illuminating each other.

My central claim is that many-though by far not all-of the Qur'an's laws, especially concerning ritual, civil, and criminal matters, as well as the legal narratives justifying these laws, engage a concrete legal culture. This culture can largely be approached through two Late Antique texts, each attested in various versions from the third through the seventh century, the Didascalia Apostolorum and the ("pseudo"-) Clementine Homilies. These texts attest to a Jewish Christian tradition, distinct from rabbinic and Greek and Syriac Christianity, which remained largely stable up to the seventh century. I seek to understand the Qur'an's many continuities, as well as its specific criticisms of, and changes to, the legal traditions of its time. In effect, the Qur'an evaluates nearly all of the Jewish Christian laws, explicitly rejecting some, while accepting, modifying, and integrating most others into its own legal system.

The project allows for a more concrete understanding how the Qur'an relates to Judaism and Christianity. The research project includes a collaboration with the Cambridge Inter-Faith Programme at the Faculty of the Divinity at the University of Cambridge, which housed a workshop on "Jesus and the Law in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam;" a collaboration with the Quran seminar at the Department of Theology at the University of Notre Dame; and a conference titled "Return to the Origins: the Qur'an's Reformation of Judaism and Christianity," at the University of Nottingham. Related publications include a monograph on the Didascalia Apostolorum and the Qur'an (forthcoming), a monograph on Jewish Christianity and the Quran more broadly (under contract with OUP), the publication of the conference proceedings, and contributions to the a collaborative Quran Commentary edited by Gabriel Said Reynolds and Mehdi Azaiez.

and

Crone Book of Watchers in the Koran

https://www.hs.ias.edu/files/Crone_Articles/Crone_The_Book_of_Watchers_2013.pdf

Allah had three daughters. El had 70 sons. See also Job 1 and 2. Were Jesus and Satan brothers?

quran

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him.

And why should the Koran be believed in this matter? Especially since the Koran is wrong about so many other claims it makes.

Silence........ ;)

Nobody created Earth or life,it is all from non-intelligent,self organizing physical systems.

DEAD dirt dont organized themselves, they dont have BRAIN

Matter and energy interact in many different ways to give rise to various physical phenomenon we observe around us. Vast clouds of Hydrogen and other matter come together under the action of gravitational perturbations to form stars and planetary systems. Vast clouds of water vapor created by radiant energy from the Sun come together to create enormous storms. These are all things we observe in the universe, happening without the presence of a BRAIN, driven solely by the properties of the universe itself and the presence of energy gradients within it.

Your claims are juvenile and clearly demonstrate your lack of education and critical thinking skills.

Silence ...

'Responsible' is the wrong word. Being ''responsible'' for something implies purpose, and/or volition and/or intent. For example, the heart may be said to be 'responsible' for pumping blood because that is the evolved function of a heart. But it's not necessarily the evolved function of the planet Earth to produce life.

OK

can life come from non DNA?

Yes. From molecules, simple organic compounds, that under ideal conditions evolved into RNA. Amino acids can be synthesized under certain conditions, for example.

do you know any any living being come from molecules?

You mean, apart from all of them? :rolleyesa:

Creating life from chemicals off the shelf is not impossible, it's just really difficult. I remember a tale from organic chemistry. The chemical urea is found in urine and has been used in a number of manufacturing processes throughout history. I suppose that's a better use than throwing out the window. In the 19th century, it was widely held that the material that made up a living body was fundamentally different from something like a rock. I always wondered whether they counted water as living or dead. Along comes some guy who is able to combine two unliving minerals and make urea. As far as I know, there's never been a urea shortage, so I guess he was just trying to make a point.

Given time, technology, and skill, any chemical compound or process in a living organism could be duplicated from all its constituent atoms and molecules. There's nothing magical about life processes. They are just more complicated than we are capable of understanding at this time. Neither egg nor sperm carry on the five life processes (respiration, ingestion, digestion, excretion, and reproduction) we all learned in middle school biology, but when combined, become something that does all of that. This is a recipe the human mind finds easy to grasp, if the ingredients are on the shelf. It would be very different if we had to start with bottles of carbon, hydrogen, calcium and the rest of the various minerals found in the human body, but it's in the realm of possibility.

Some will say this is proof God does not exist and other claim it is absolute proof that he does. None of this really matters. For myself, I find it quite amazing a bag of molecules could sit down and reflect upon itself. What is important is for the bag to always remember, reality does not stop at the limits of its imagination.

You mean, apart from all of them? :rolleyesa:
 Boltzmann brains. They're the non fermion consciousnesses du jour.

There is no requirement for a Boltzmann Brain to be non-fermionic; all the living things I have ever met have been made of molecules; whether or not some or all of them are also Boltzmann Brains is therefore irrelevant.

Of course, the question of whether or not non-molecular life can or does exist is itself pretty irrelevant to the question "Why Did Muhammad Use A Jewish God?", so I guess that, as usual, Syed has sacrificed relevance for inane repetition of his PRATTs

Not my discovery. That molecules are the building blocks of biological organisms, and therefore life, is just basic science.
does scientist claimed to know how did life began ?

There are ideas based on what is known about the biology of life.

Religious belief, on the other hand, makes its claim of special creation based on tradition (ancient scrolls) and wishful thinking.

It is quite clear that life is a biological process (evidence), so however life started, the process was most likely biological rather than supernatural, namely, there being no evidence for supernatural creation, but plenty of evidence for biological activity in the form of living organisms being born and dying.

Back
Top Bottom