• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why Does Joel Osteen Have a Hot Wife?

So how does a pastor get such a hot chick?

He's not just a pastor.

He's the pastor of a mega-church.

A guy who gets up in front of ten thousand people on a regular basis and entertains them. It takes an enormous amount of confidence - nay, ego - to walk on stage in front of ten thousand people and not curl up into a ball and wish it would all go away.

I know. I've been on stage in front of ten thousand people. Its a helluva thing. And as it turns out, there are women who are attracted to that sort of thing. Very good looking women. If you are so inclined, you can parlay confidence and ego and a little bit of fame into landing women who are - at least physically - way out of your league.

Hot chicks.

Osteen is more than a pastor of a mega-church, though. He's a TV star. That's like the above situation times 100. Why does he have a hot wife? Because he can.

Is there any profession or occupation for which is expected to have an ugly wife? If a man has an ugly wife, how does this reflect on his character, or basic ethical nature?
IT's not a matter of professions, really. It's his position on the attraction scale relative to his partner.
As House, M.D. put it, women who are tens date men who are tens, fours date fours, with a flexibility up or down of one rung of the scale.

The complaint is basically that Osteen's constantly being wrong should, reasonably, in an orderly universe in which Justice is a concept, not merely a complaint, or a punchline, be expected to have a negative effect on his position on the scale of attraction.

This sort of scale adjustment would have made Isaac Asimov a 22, and given him the option to date multiple internationally famous lingerie supermodels, while Hovind would have a hard time drawing the amorous attention of a gila monster.

Is there any profession or occupation for which is expected to have an ugly wife? If a man has an ugly wife, how does this reflect on his character, or basic ethical nature?

Surely it means he is not vain. It shows that he sees beyond the packaging to see the worth inside. I know it sounds corny, but surely in business you need to have a certain instinct. Having an unattractive wife shows that he is accepting the person on FULL merit, not on looks alone. In order to determine if a business is viable, then it means you MUST delve deep inside to make sure it is viable. True?

I don't buy any of that. If having an attractive wife is a sign of a vain man, then why isn't an unattractive wife the sign of an insecure man, the kind of man who thinks he can do no better than take a wife who has been rejected by all others?

IT's not a matter of professions, really. It's his position on the attraction scale relative to his partner.
As House, M.D. put it, women who are tens date men who are tens, fours date fours, with a flexibility up or down of one rung of the scale.

The complaint is basically that Osteen's constantly being wrong should, reasonably, in an orderly universe in which Justice is a concept, not merely a complaint, or a punchline, be expected to have a negative effect on his position on the scale of attraction.

This sort of scale adjustment would have made Isaac Asimov a 22, and given him the option to date multiple internationally famous lingerie supermodels, while Hovind would have a hard time drawing the amorous attention of a gila monster.

I imagine you mean Kent Hovind, who is married to Jo Hovind.
01_03.jpg
Jo may not be lingerie model material, but certainly not a gila monster. This pic is 31 years old, so we can assume she may have dropped a little on the erection inducement thermometer. [Side note to all young men in hearing range: As a near to 60 year old man, I say this, "Get ready for it. Either get rich, so you can entertain attractive young women, learn to love the less than perfect aging female body, or just give up on the whole sex thing and become a geriatric inverse virgin. That's your choices.]

I know quite a few lingerie models and one would be surprised. A lot of them fall into the "cleans up good" category. A trio of plain but good hearted gals show up at the back door and an hour later, when the makeup and hair people are finished, three of the most beautiful women a man might see in a month are strutting past him in their underwear. The same goes for strippers and pole dancers.

This whole discussion strikes me as bizarre. This is supposed to be a place "to promote rational thought as a better means to access truth," yet we are led to believe a woman's subjective attractiveness is an indicator of her husband's psychological makeup, character and integrity. It hardly seems rational, and certainly petty, small minded, and tiny bit misogynistic. However my mind is not closed on the issue. I'll entertain any argument to refute my observations.

I didn't need to read much to discover most people here over think everything Joel deserves hot wife because his dobber stays way up, definitely visibly up.... When he's sad he looks happy as hell. Oh, and he found away to make lots of money out of his nature. I see estrogen draw in everything that guy does and I hate it. I dream that his cock is the size of a penny.

You mean other than engineering?

Surely it means he is not vain. It shows that he sees beyond the packaging to see the worth inside. I know it sounds corny, but surely in business you need to have a certain instinct. Having an unattractive wife shows that he is accepting the person on FULL merit, not on looks alone. In order to determine if a business is viable, then it means you MUST delve deep inside to make sure it is viable. True?

I don't buy any of that. If having an attractive wife is a sign of a vain man, then why isn't an unattractive wife the sign of an insecure man, the kind of man who thinks he can do no better than take a wife who has been rejected by all others?

View attachment 1036
Jo may not be lingerie model material, but certainly not a gila monster. This pic is 31 years old, so we can assume she may have dropped a little on the erection inducement thermometer. [Side note to all young men in hearing range: As a near to 60 year old man, I say this, "Get ready for it. Either get rich, so you can entertain attractive young women, learn to love the less than perfect aging female body, or just give up on the whole sex thing and become a geriatric inverse virgin. That's your choices.]

I know quite a few lingerie models and one would be surprised. A lot of them fall into the "cleans up good" category. A trio of plain but good hearted gals show up at the back door and an hour later, when the makeup and hair people are finished, three of the most beautiful women a man might see in a month are strutting past him in their underwear. The same goes for strippers and pole dancers.

This whole discussion strikes me as bizarre. This is supposed to be a place "to promote rational thought as a better means to access truth," yet we are led to believe a woman's subjective attractiveness is an indicator of her husband's psychological makeup, character and integrity. It hardly seems rational, and certainly petty, small minded, and tiny bit misogynistic. However my mind is not closed on the issue. I'll entertain any argument to refute my observations.
And here i'd have thought my sarcasm was clearly visible...

View attachment 1036

And here i'd have thought my sarcasm was clearly visible...

It's not sarcasm if you have to explain it :p

View attachment 1036

Bronzeage
Why do you constantly have to talk so much sense? You are a threat and a reproach to so many of us here.
Cut it out man.

A lot of them fall into the "cleans up good" category.
In Australia we would use the phrase
You don't scrub up too bad yourself

Anyone else old enough to remember Jimmy Swaggart's wife, back in the day? (I know he's still broadcasting, somewhere, but he doesn't have nearly enough shekels to get into most big markets.) I forget her name, but she was a major (though silent) presence in his broadcasts -- a little too prim to be hot, but she looked like a very organized, goal-centered mama. After his downfall and his big Apology Broadcast, they would cut to her and she had the most intense, emotionally roiling expression -- you could just tell she was seething inside. "You gigantic douche, look what your damned wiener did to this empire of ours!!! If I have to return my new designer pillows and we have to move, you've HAD it, Mister Preacher!!"

Joel Osteen is cute, and has friendly, non-threatening voice and mannerisms. Not trying to be cynical, but he probably looked really easy to play the whole submit thing with. That's a fundamental for the Christian wife and preachers' wives live in fish bowls. That can be a lot of pressure and has made many a woman suffer needlessly, but I have no doubt young women in certain communities and denominations these days have ideas about what would make being tied to a permanent master for life a bit easier to bear. Some of them might even be aware of doing just that. Either way, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. No judgment from me.

Of course, he could be a total psychopath behind the scenes and Mild Mannered Joel in view of the flock and/or cameras. However, the pictures I've seen of his wife don't look like a woman who lives with a Jekyll and Hyde psycho.

Back
Top Bottom