• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why is it only white people that are racist?

gmbteach

Mrs Frizzle
Basic Beliefs
On my journey :D
I got this email today and it rang true.

HOW VERY TRUE THIS IS!

But where will it end?

Racist - me?

A thought provoking passage written by an Englishman about the current situation in HIS homeland - this is thought provoking and is equally relevant in any other (once) white country.

I have been wondering about why whites are racists, and no other race is?

There are British Africans, British Chinese, British Asian, British Turks, etc, etc, etc.

And then there are just British. You know what I mean, plain ole English people that were born here. You can include the Welsh, the Scottish and the people who live off our shores of Great Britain on tiny islands. Yes, we are all true Brits.

The others that live here call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman' 'White trash' and that's OK...

But if I call you, Nigger, Spade, Towel head, Paki, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook or Chink, you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you. So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

You have Black History Month.

You have swimming pools for Asian women.

You have Islamic banks for Muslims only.

You have year of the dragon day for Chinese people.

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black Britain or Miss Asia, but any colour can be in the Miss UK.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.

There are over 200 openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in England. Yet if there were 'White schools only', that would be racist!

In the Bradford riots and Toxteth riots, you believed that you were standing-up for your race and rights. If we stood-up for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

We fly our flag, we are racists. If we celebrate St George's day we are racists.

You can fly your flag and it’s called diversity. You celebrate your cultures and it’s called multiculturalism.

You rob us, carjack us, and rape our daughters. But, when a white police officer arrests a black gang member or beats up an Asian drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.... but you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.

I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!

BEING PROUD TO BE WHITE! It's not a crime, YET... but its getting very close!

It has been estimated that ONLY 5% of those reaching this point in this e-mail, will pass it on.

If it's been discussed before, please delete, or go for it. But I am curious as to what you think.

HOW VERY TRUE THIS IS!

But where will it end?

Racist - me?

A thought provoking passage written by an Englishman about the current situation in HIS homeland - this is thought provoking and is equally relevant in any other (once) white country.

I have been wondering about why whites are racists, and no other race is?

There are British Africans, British Chinese, British Asian, British Turks, etc, etc, etc.

And then there are just British. You know what I mean, plain ole English people that were born here. You can include the Welsh, the Scottish and the people who live off our shores of Great Britain on tiny islands. Yes, we are all true Brits.

The others that live here call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman' 'White trash' and that's OK...

But if I call you, Nigger, Spade, Towel head, Paki, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook or Chink, you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you. So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

You have Black History Month.

You have swimming pools for Asian women.

You have Islamic banks for Muslims only.

You have year of the dragon day for Chinese people.

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black Britain or Miss Asia, but any colour can be in the Miss UK.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.

There are over 200 openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in England. Yet if there were 'White schools only', that would be racist!

In the Bradford riots and Toxteth riots, you believed that you were standing-up for your race and rights. If we stood-up for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

We fly our flag, we are racists. If we celebrate St George's day we are racists.

You can fly your flag and it’s called diversity. You celebrate your cultures and it’s called multiculturalism.

You rob us, carjack us, and rape our daughters. But, when a white police officer arrests a black gang member or beats up an Asian drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.... but you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.

I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!

It has been estimated that ONLY 5% of those reaching this point in this e-mail, will pass it on.

If it's been discussed before, please delete, or go for it. But I am curious as to what you think.
This is a severly confused person. For example: the counterexamplr to muslim schools is not white school but christian schools.
Etc.

This is a severly confused person. For example: the counterexamplr to muslim schools is not white school but christian schools.
Etc.
The point is that if we had a 'whites only' school, we are racist, but there can be 'Muslim only' schools etc.

Someone fetch the fainting couch.

The concept of whiteness was invented during the British Empire as a means of elevating the status of the British people. It originally excluded a great deal of white-skinned people including people from Ireland and most of continental Europe, and gave rise to colonial doctrines such as the White Man's Burden and Terra Nullius. The idea of whiteness, inextricably linked to white superiority since its conception, was taken up by Nazi Germany and then in turn by neo-Nazis, the figurative and literal torch-bearers for whiteness in the 21st century. To be "PROUD TO BE WHITE" is to endorse white supremacists.

Etc.
The point is that if we had a 'whites only' school, we are racist, but there can be 'Muslim only' schools etc.

Muslims aren't a race, although Islam is associated with various Asian peoples and Islamophobia is racially motivated. The UK does not allow schools to exclude students based on race. For example, an "Arabs only" school would be illegal.

The UK has a long tradition of religious schools:

Independent schools, like state grammar schools, are free to select their pupils, subject to general legislation against discrimination. The principal forms of selection are financial, in that the pupil's family must be able to pay the school fees, and academic, with many administering their own entrance exams - some also require that the prospective student undergo an interview, and credit may also be given for musical, sporting or other talent. Entrance to some schools is more or less restricted to pupils whose parents practice a particular religion, or schools may require all pupils to attend religious services. Nowadays most schools pay little regard to family connections, apart from siblings currently at the school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_school_(United_Kingdom)#History

Muslims aren't a race, although Islam is associated with various Asian peoples and Islamophobia is racially motivated. The UK does not allow schools to exclude students based on race. For example, an "Arabs only" school would be illegal.

The UK has a long tradition of religious schools:

Independent schools, like state grammar schools, are free to select their pupils, subject to general legislation against discrimination. The principal forms of selection are financial, in that the pupil's family must be able to pay the school fees, and academic, with many administering their own entrance exams - some also require that the prospective student undergo an interview, and credit may also be given for musical, sporting or other talent. Entrance to some schools is more or less restricted to pupils whose parents practice a particular religion, or schools may require all pupils to attend religious services. Nowadays most schools pay little regard to family connections, apart from siblings currently at the school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_school_(United_Kingdom)#History

The VAST majority of religious schools in England are CofE (Christian) schools. The distant runner up is Roman Catholic (Christian) schools.

Of course, religious schools are not the majority - most schools are state run, and those schools are required by law to have a religious service daily, and at least an hour of religious education for all pupils weekly. It's vanishingly rare for either the service or the education to be non-Christian.

I'm pink. Pure, luscious, rose-like pink. Pink like Bazooka gum and other healthful foods. I treasure my Pink heritage, but I do not denigrate other traditions, because I have too much fun celebrating being pink. How these white people you speak of harassed and dominated other groups -- I don't like it a bit, and it can't even be excused on the basis that, being albino, they were themselves harassed. BTW in my town there are no white people; we are majority Pink but not dicks about it.

The reason only white people are racist is the same as the reason only people committing "premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents" are terrorists: it's because those who have an axe to grind will make up definitions of pejoratives that conveniently exclude themselves and their in-groups.

Arabs aren't a race either, and the accusation that Islamophobia is racially motivated is itself religiously motivated.

Because only white people do liberal guilt. And only Northern European, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and South African white people do it. I have NEVER heard expressions of liberal guilt from Southern Europeans, Iranians (the original Aryans), Argentines, Chileans, Uruguayans, Armenians, Atlanteans, or other white ethnic groups.

Eldarion Lathria

I've been saying this for years.

The thing is the black-supporters redefine racism to be discriminatory actions combined with overall power--thus precluding minorities from being racist. Never mind even the cases where blacks have local power and engage in racism. (For example, a black supervisor replacing non-black workers with black workers. There have been blatantly racist examples of this.)

- - - Updated - - -

Etc.

Technicality. The basic idea is sound even if they didn't express it completely accurately.

I am not proud of being white, or ashamed of it.

Exactly. It's simply what I am. I also have dark blonde hair. Both are irrelevant other than possibly in the dating world. Physical attraction sometimes involves the color of features.

I was waiting in line at Centrelink, our government agency here, and a dark skinned woman came in, shoved her way to the front and demanded to be served immediately or she would scream racism! Why can't white people do that?

In an extremely racist society it is very difficult for any of the pretend 'races' not to join the game, obviously.

Really ?

It's just a load of crap whining at bogeymen. But .. ...

That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country.

I'd be interested in knowing all the rights that have been taken away from "white people".
Are you serious? This is a common rally cry amongst Trump loving right-wingers.

In general, they lost their rights via taxation, can't open discriminate against minorities, their jobs were lost to illegal immigrants, and Hillary Clinton. And goodness help them in the local municipality installs a sewer line they must hook into!

I've been saying this for years.

The thing is the black-supporters...
Red flag warning!
...redefine racism to be discriminatory actions combined with overall power--thus precluding minorities from being racist. Never mind even the cases where blacks have local power and engage in racism. (For example, a black supervisor replacing non-black workers with black workers. There have been blatantly racist examples of this.)
Blacks can definitely be racist. But I've never been, and most other whites, harmed because of blacks that are racist. Meanwhile laws are being passed to restrict voting access for blacks. And Loren seems to lack the understanding of the significance.

- - - Updated - - -

I was waiting in line at Centrelink, our government agency here, and a dark skinned woman came in, shoved her way to the front and demanded to be served immediately or she would scream racism! Why can't white people do that?
They do... they just don't do it based on the color of their skin. Plenty of white people feel entitled to all sorts of stuff. It is most noticed via NIMBY.

Red flag warning!
...redefine racism to be discriminatory actions combined with overall power--thus precluding minorities from being racist. Never mind even the cases where blacks have local power and engage in racism. (For example, a black supervisor replacing non-black workers with black workers. There have been blatantly racist examples of this.)
Blacks can definitely be racist. But I've never been, and most other whites, harmed because of blacks that are racist. Meanwhile laws are being passed to restrict voting access for blacks. And Loren seems to lack the understanding of the significance.

You're not rebutting what I'm saying. Obviously, white on black racism happens more often than black on white. That doesn't mean black on white can't happen, though.

Red flag warning!

You're not rebutting what I'm saying. Obviously, white on black racism happens more often than black on white. That doesn't mean black on white can't happen, though.

It looks as though they did agree to a certain extent that black on white racism exists just as white on any other race racism also exists. But the point is black on white racism is not responsible for cutting down the rights of all white people. Whereas white on-any-other-race racism does adversely effect the rights of whole groups, instead of just those few individuals that have caused harm.

The reason we don't get extra shit just cuz we're white is because we haven't been categorically and systemically and culturally abused, used, enslaved, mistreated or had masses of the wrong assumptions made against for thousands for years in perpetuity (with the exception of South Africa's Apartheid, which was also deemed racially divisive and then it was stopped by a combo of Nelson Mandela's guidance and the UN's interference). Other races have had that happen, in nearly every country.

So white South Africa's heaving an outcry over ill treatment, a lack of equal treatment under and by the law based off of race/color had a basis in fact.

Whites getting pissed off that they somehow do not have enough coming to them in favor is not the same thing as systemically being ill treated by other races. Because we are the majority and so we don't have a White History Month, big deal. And really even if we did that'd just be a rundown on how many wars, invasions, misappropriations and excuses for discriminatory behavior largely we alone came up with over the last 400 hundred years ors o is not the same thing as trying to balance new laws an extensions of old rights with the continued perception that just because someone has something different about them therefore the stereotyping or whatever other negative behavior for the sake of being negative can continue.
Of course other times and places have had black on black issues, such as when the Rawandan government engage in ethnic cleansing or stood by while knowing it happened between two groups of the same race that one group said were actually two races on account of tryin to scapegoat the Tutsies, who because they were and are not Hutus, somehow caused all the economic and cultural issues of the 90s for all Rawandans. Many Hutus called the Tutsies cockroaches and a whole war broke out over it all that resulted in hundreds of thousands killed, displaced from their homelands or permanently injured/emotionally destroyed over it all.

I get that nobody wants to have the wrong assumptions made about them for something they cannot and should not have to change, like skin color/race.

But that does not mean that Whites suddenly have the short end of the stick and other race's having a much larger one is somehow suddenly true in any sense or case aside from, at one time in history, in South Africa.

I'm happy to know where my parents and either side of my family came from, not proud, nor ashamed. Happy because it allows for other languages and cultures to not only mix, but to be kept around for a bit longer in a different setting than where each of those peoples originated. Okay. Do I expect anybody else to care, ask about or learn about it? Not really. I can leave a nugget here or there about my heritage but if somebody spurns it, questions it as if it can't be true or real or has any other opinion that's just going to happen in this world.

Of course racism can occur in nearly any permutation of a situation that can be thought of or acted upon, but it doesn't really solve any of it by trying to call attention away from where is it most often found to an issue that doesn't really exist the way that it is describe by many whites, because we can't get to the little instances when they are actually there regarding racism on whites until we can get a handle more firmly on the larger concerns first. Not because they are larger so much as they have been going on longer for the most part and I think most people can at least agree we've all had enough of it

Back
Top Bottom