• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why the GOP is obsessed with "woke" — but can't define it

That's not at all how I see it at all.
You can claim how you "see" it, but it has nothing to do with how you "see" it and everything to do with what it is.

Being concerned about how those around you are doing and not just yourself is seen as weakness by the selfish and the foolish.

It has never not been thus.

You can DARVO all you want Z, but at the end of the day it's you fearing minorities.

The things I don't tolerate are "people taking advantage of others". It's a pretty acceptable thing to not tolerate. The "paradox" of tolerance has its answers, so as to create a pump that pumps intolerance out of our society as the one thing it is allowed to be directed at: itself.

You can claim how you "see" it, but it has nothing to do with how you "see" it and everything to do with what it is.

Being concerned about how those around you are doing and not just yourself is seen as weakness by the selfish and the foolish.

But wokes aren't. They just say they are. They're more concerned with attacking whoever doesn't conform.

You can DARVO all you want Z, but at the end of the day it's you fearing minorities.

Lol. DARVO is just the kind of newspeak we expect from wokes. And now I somehow fear minorities because I think we're better off if minorities speak for themselves rather than being spoken for by patronising patternal wokes. Lol.

The things I don't tolerate are "people taking advantage of others". It's a pretty acceptable thing to not tolerate. The "paradox" of tolerance has its answers, so as to create a pump that pumps intolerance out of our society as the one thing it is allowed to be directed at: itself.

You're not the good guy here

But wokes aren't. They just say they are. They're more concerned with attacking whoever doesn't conform.

Lol. DARVO is just the kind of newspeak we expect from wokes. And now I somehow fear minorities because I think we're better off if minorities speak for themselves rather than being spoken for by patronising woke.
As a reminder, listening to minorities and taking their opinions seriously also makes one woke.

Lol. DARVO is just the kind of newspeak we expect from wokes. And now I somehow fear minorities because I think we're better off if minorities speak for themselves rather than being spoken for by patronising woke.
As a reminder, listening to minorities and taking their opinions seriously also makes one woke.
Thats just straight up bullshit. Woke is just another form of majority oppression.

Thats just straight up bullshit.
This coming from the guy who lives thousands of miles from place he is trying to talk about. No, that is what "woke" means in the right-wing sphere. We had a QB take a knee and the right-wing erupted with explosive partisan diarrhea.
Woke is just another form of majority oppression.
Your definition. Nice to have them. But in America, there are multiple definitions and when the right-wing is talking "woke" not only can't they explain what they mean by the term "woke" (for reasons explained by others in this thread), they definitely don't mean what you said.

Unless that minority voices an opinion you don't like, then they're a Nazi.
Ha ha. Exactly. Minorities are only welcome if they are willing to play along according to the woke victim script. If they don't play the victim card as defined by the majority, then they can get the fuck out. Heaven forbid they should ever have their own opinions.

Ha ha. Exactly. Minorities are only welcome if they are willing to play along according to the woke victim script. If they don't play the victim card as defined by the majority, then they can get the fuck out. Heaven forbid they should ever have their own opinions.
Ain't that the mother of all "moderate" tropes. If web boarding was professional wrestling, the minority "woke victim script" attack on liberals bit from the true liberals would be the ref bump.

Yet another example of untended irony.

whitesavior.jpg

While that may be humorous, it doesn't really lend itself to a productive conversation. What's your actual point?

Could be humorous, if it was real or knowing any of the relevant context on who was posting.

Also, is there an alt-right Nexus (like www.save-whitey.ru) that aggregates this stuff for availability to people that use social media... because if someone asked to go find something like that, I'm uncertain where to start that search, and I'm good at searching. But Oleg always seems to have an endless supply of social media posts by people they never knew.

DARVO is just the kind of newspeak we expect from wokes.
Quick, Deny, attack, reverse victim and offender!

What else do you want to call an explicit and obvious process?

It's interesting that you treat "speaking up to cede cultural ground" as some kind of bizarre attack.

The issues I speak about directly impact me, and are local to where I live, generally.

It sure sounds like a fucked up way to tell someone they can't look out for those whose interests and priorities align strongly with their own, even when those.priorities include causing no harm and paying our bills.

My priority has for a very long time been to defend the right for people to decide what hormones their brain is affected by, what modifications they make to their body, and what style of clothing to drape upon it, so long as doing so does not weaponize them against others beyond the weaponization we tolerate of anyone.

I want to have as much opportunity to do anything as anyone else has. That's selfish too, and the only way it can possibly be justified for me to want it is to want it for literally everyone.

I absolutely love seeing examples, and we need more examples, of foiled expectations. That's selfish too: I hate when people put me in a box, and the sooner people realize that can such boxes are fucking stupid, the less I have to deal with that.

I do the things that I do because I want a better world to live in where I can see and enjoy and love and learn about more of it before I am dead. That's it.

But Oleg always seems to have an endless supply of social media posts by people they never knew.
Was that last one a little too on the nose?
Hey Jimmy, looks like you located a site some other forum user knows about, possibly for less flattering reasons than you.

Maybe I'm crazy but I thought anyone can be woke about anything. Woke means "alert to and concerned about social injustice and discrimination". At least that's the dictionary meaning I've come to know. Nazis can be woke, Black Panthers can be woke, Artificial Intelligence can be woke. Everyone that showed up at the capitol on January 6th was woke. It seems another right to humanity is under attack and the attackers don't even know they are attacking themselves.

Again.

Back
Top Bottom