• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Biden drop out? Who replaces him?

Seymour Hersh, who was once a great reporter, appears in recent years to have become a bullshit artist. I will remind you also that he is, gasp, 87 years old.
I've only read a few articles by SH but am I wrong in that everytime I see something he writes he has to reference his Vietnam days journalism?

Funny how Barbos scoops up any Western media bullshit that agrees with what he already believes without evidence, while at the same time dismissing legitimate news stories backed with evidence as fake news. Sort of like Trump.
Hersh is not MSM, he is a real journalist and his reporting makes sense, unlike MSM clowns.

Probably Barbos likes Hersh because Hersh “reported,” using anonymous sources, which is bullshit, that the U.S.sabotaged the Nord Stream pipelines. OTOH, Barbos may not even know about that, since he appears to actually know nothing at all about anything.
Hersch strikes me as one of the many intrepid reporters who got "high on their own supply" after making a splash in the Bush Jr. era. Greenwald comes to mind, as does Lara Logan, who went from serious journalist with stories airing on 60 Minutes to far right fringe conspiracy theorist.
So you honestly believe that Obama and Biden are (has always been) friends and buddies and that Biden left the stage on its own without tons of efforts behind the scene involving democratic party elders. Are you 5 year old?

Probably Barbos likes Hersh because Hersh “reported,” using anonymous sources, which is bullshit, that the U.S.sabotaged the Nord Stream pipelines. OTOH, Barbos may not even know about that, since he appears to actually know nothing at all about anything.
I guess Hamas blew up Nord Stream. Of course I like Hersh, I like him becasue he does not buy BS I don't buy,

Funny how Barbos scoops up any Western media bullshit that agrees with what he already believes without evidence, while at the same time dismissing legitimate news stories backed with evidence as fake news. Sort of like Trump.
Hersh is not MSM, he is a real journalist and his reporting makes sense, unlike MSM clowns.

Hersh worked for the mainstream media for most of his life, including the NY Times, where I worked as a foreign/national editor for 18 years. Now he is 87 years old and posts on Substack. In recent years he has been roundly and properly criticized for writing outrageous articles entirely anonymously sourced, which is not good journalistic practice. As usual you are clueless and your posts are infantile and disgusting. Go suck up to your Nazi hero Putin some more rather than bother us with your bullshit.

Hersh worked for the mainstream media for most of his life,
He worked for them when they were independent. And he himself was and is independent (decent) journalist.
Even now there are decent journalists in MSM, Matt Lee for example. But vast majority are nothing but paid shills for corporate interests. What he reports simply makes sense to any sane person.
No sane person would think that Obama and Biden were friends. Obama hated Biden, that's just fact.

In recent years he has been roundly and properly criticized for writing outrageous articles entirely anonymously sourced
Of course he was criticized by the people who properly sourced their article which proves that NordStream was blown up by 3 guys on a yacht coordinated by the current ukrainian ambassador to GB. Riiiiight

Hersch strikes me as one of the many intrepid reporters who got "high on their own supply" after making a splash in the Bush Jr. era. Greenwald comes to mind, as does Lara Logan, who went from serious journalist with stories airing on 60 Minutes to far right fringe conspiracy theorist.

He has a much more impressive pedigree than that. He is the one who broke the My Lai massacre story, and he did investigative reporting on Watergate, among much else. Now he’s a bullshit artist, alas. Read here.
Coincidentally, the death of Lt. William Calley was reported today, three months after he expired.

A month ago: Joe Biden 25th Amendment argument divides GOP - 07/03/24 6:00 AM ET
Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) is among those publicly raising the highly unlikely prospect, as Republicans seek to turn the table on Democrats who talked about using the 25th amendment against former President Trump.

And while many in the GOP aim to keep the president’s age and health in the spotlight heading into November, others believe Republicans should simply stay out of the way as Biden’s troubles mount.

“It’s just so frustrating when you have the other party lighting itself on fire for all of America to watch, and the only task we have as a party is to stand still and let America witness what they’re doing,” one GOP operative involved in downballot races told The Hill. “This is not about driving a message other than allowing Americans to see who the leader of the Democratic Party really is.”

“We’ve seen Dems wildly thrashing around since [Thursday’s debate]. They have no clue what to do,” the operative continued. “Republicans don’t need to insert ourselves into that episode, we just need to sit back and watch. It’s frustrating because we’re getting ahead of our skis.”
The relevant part of the 25th Amendment:
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Biden is greeting western spies.
Piece of shit needs to be 25thed immediately

:rolleyes: That was a nothing burger. It was largely focused on his physical, not mental, fitness, which is what the 25th is about. There have been multiple WTF incidents that would lead to questions about his mental fitness, but that's not one of them.

:rolleyes: That was a nothing burger. It was largely focused on his physical, not mental, fitness, which is what the 25th is about. There have been multiple WTF incidents that would lead to questions about his mental fitness, but that's not one of them.

How is that not one of them? how?
The piece of shit wanders off again. This time he sees plane and thinks he is there to board it and fly somewhere.

The piece of shit wanders off again. This time he sees plane and thinks he is there to board it and fly somewhere.

Its not clear from video he has boarded the wrong plane. He goes up the stairs, disappears, then peaks his head out, takes a step down later for some, unknown reason, then the video cuts. Maybe he did that to hurry others along or ask a question? Or maybe he did choose the wrong plane, and no one stopped him from boarding in the process. If you have the full video of him getting off the "wrong plane" and actually reboarding a different one, then that would be helpful.

This is just another production from the Murdoch right wing propaganda factory. After the hostages, who had been freed from Russian prisons, left the plane, Biden then entered the plane to talk to people in it. What a scandal! :eek:

Snopes: No, Biden Did Not Board 'Empty Plane' After Prisoner Exchange with Russia

It was easy to factcheck. Does barbos believe the crap he posts? If it is produced to confuse and deceive an audience, he'll post it. If it isn't his fulltime job, it's his fulltime hobby.

Last edited:
Anyone remember how Trump arranged the return of Warmbier? He is the bestest!

Its not clear from video he has boarded the wrong plane. He goes up the stairs, disappears, then peaks his head out, takes a step down later for some, unknown reason, then the video cuts. Maybe he did that to hurry others along or ask a question? Or maybe he did choose the wrong plane, and no one stopped him from boarding in the process. If you have the full video of him getting off the "wrong plane" and actually reboarding a different one, then that would be helpful.

What are talking about? It's the same plane, the same camera, the same camera angle, the same people standing and then laughing at the demented president.

Exclusive | Biden camp suggests prez quickly endorsed Harris to defy Obama
There’s buzz swirling within the Biden camp that the president’s swift endorsement of Kamala Harris was his revenge on prominent party leaders — including Barack Obama — who pressured him to bow out of the race against his will, sources told The Post.

Joe Biden, who said he was dropping out “in defense of democracy” during his public address Wednesday, had been told by Obama to allow delegates at next month’s Democratic National Convention in Chicago to decide a new candidate, a source close to the Biden family claimed.
That's how the two parties selected Presidential candidates before the rise of primary elections half a century ago made the convention votes rubber-stamp votes.
“It was Joe’s big f–k you,” the source said. “Joe said, ‘If I’m out, then I am endorsing her.'”

A well-placed Democratic Party source said they have heard the same, telling The Post that Obama, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and New York Senator Chuck Schumer wanted to hold “a mini primary” which Obama believed Harris would not win.
AOC mentioned something like that, that certain people wanted to force out both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
Multiple sources told The Post that Obama had wanted Arizona Senator and former astronaut Mark Kelly “at the top of the ticket” at the convention.

Biden’s endorsement of Harris was “Joe truly knifing Obama and Pelosi in the back for making him stand down,” the Democratic Party source told The Post.
"You want me out? I'll give you being out. I've endorsed Kamala as my successor."
According to a source close to the Biden family, prominent Democrats threatened to invoke the 25th Amendment of the US Constitution and urge the vice president and the cabinet to remove Biden from office, the source said.

The source said that the belief within the family is that Obama wanted to get Biden out of the race — and an op-ed written by George Clooney in the New York Times, asking him to step aside, was a part of that plan.
Forcing Kamala Harris out also?
As for the race ahead, Obama has little faith in Harris, the source close to the Biden family claimed.

“Obama knows she’s just incompetent — the border czar who never visited the border, saying that all migrants should have health insurance,” the source said.

“She cannot navigate the landmines that are ahead of her.”

LEAVING LAS VEGAS - Seymour Hersh - paywalled
On Joe Biden's last days as Presidential candidate, according to an anonymous source.

Michael Searle on X: "Seymour Hersh out ..." / X
Seymour Hersh out with another bombshell.

Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, and Jeffries were prepared to threaten Biden with the 25th amendment if he did not drop out of the race.

Kamala was ready to execute it.

(link)
Geiger Capital on X: "Insane story from Seymour Hersh… ..." / X
Insane story from Seymour Hersh…

Biden was threatened with the 25th Amendment by top level Democrats.

"Obama called Biden after breakfast [on July 21] and said, ‘Here’s the deal. We have Kamala’s approval to invoke the 25th Amendment.’”
I find it remarkable that Joe Biden soon endorsed Kamala Harris, someone who might have seemed like a coup plotter to him.

July 21 was the day that he ended his campaign, so that was very fast.

Some excerpts:
At that point, according to Emily Goodin, a Daily Mail reporter who was in the traveling press pool, the president was "deathly pale" and Air Force One flew at maximum speed to Delaware, where the president has a weekend retreat at Rehoboth Beach. The press pool was told that Biden had COVID. Nothing more was said on Air Force One.
So COVID-19 was a cover story? It would be like Soviet leader Yuri Andropov's "bad cold" of August 1983, when he dropped out of public life because he was hospitalized with kidney failure. The Soviets: Putting the Rumors to Rest - TIME
That was the last straw for a core group of Congressional leaders, government officials and some senior Biden funders who were withholding huge amounts of committed contributions.
"The Big Three", former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, were involved.

Back
Top Bottom