• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump finally be indicted in Georgia?

article said:
CNN has previously reported that Trump’s Save America leadership PAC has devoted more than 70% of its disbursements to legal bills for Trump and his associates during the first six months of this year. The PAC began July with a little more than $3.6 million remaining in its bank accounts – a fraction of the nearly $18.3 million in reserves it had at the start of the year.
So more than 70% of the money raised by the PAC this year, went to lawyer costs? And people keep giving him (a "billionaire") more money.

And people keep giving him (a "billionaire") more money.

If what is coming out in Letitia James' case is true, he's likely not a billionaire, and maybe not a millionaire. If all the books ever get balanced, he's likely a pauper.

Trials in Georgia election subversion case to be broadcast live​

Scott McAfee, the judge presiding over the trials of Donald Trump and his 18 co-defendants in the Georgia election subversion case, says the proceedings will be streamed live on YouTube, Atlanta News First reports:

#BREAKING Judge McAfee says there will be a live YouTube stream — operated by the court — of all Fulton County hearings & trials related to the Trump indictment, in addition to pool media coverage
— Brendan Keefe - Atlanta News First (@BrendanKeefe) August 31, 2023
Per The Guardia in

The bad news is this will suck all the oxygen out of national media for weeks. Plus energizing the Trump cultists and pro-Trump media into a frothy rage for weeks.
I'm not sure if that's all bad. Having prosecutors lay out their case in full view of the nation? Yeah, let's do that. Will his supporters be furious?
Yes. Yet the court doesn't care if they're angry. Plus since the Jan 6th trials (and sentences) the angry crowds at Trump's court appeances have been pretty sparse.

Reminds me of the Chicago Seven trials. Bobby Seals strapped to a chair and gagged. Will Trump be disruptive at this trial? And treated like Seals? How will Trumpian outbursts be treated?

article said:
CNN has previously reported that Trump’s Save America leadership PAC has devoted more than 70% of its disbursements to legal bills for Trump and his associates during the first six months of this year. The PAC began July with a little more than $3.6 million remaining in its bank accounts – a fraction of the nearly $18.3 million in reserves it had at the start of the year.
So more than 70% of the money raised by the PAC this year, went to lawyer costs? And people keep giving him (a "billionaire") more money.
He's a grifter who probably never had anything close to a billion dollars. That's been gossiped about for years, but somehow he's been able to convince banks and other financial organizations that he's got the dough. It's about time that his scheme to pretend he has more assets than he does. This is one more thing he needs to be prosecuted for, committing fraud by telling lies to banks about his assets in order to obtain bigger loans. How stupid are these financial people? Oh wait. They are pretty stupid when it comes to being manipulated by fake wealthy people.

Reactions: jab
If the trial is not livestreamed, it will still take up most of the oxygen out of the national media. It will just be relying on court sketches and the quotes of people in the room, which will be much easier to dismiss as fake by the cultists. Now actual videos of the testimony, and all evidence, plus what the defense lawyers say, and don't say, will be much harder to refute for those who are not completely braindead.

ATLANTA (AP) — Some Republicans in Washington and Georgia began attacking Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis immediately after she announced the Aug. 14 indictment of former President Donald Trump for conspiring to overturn the 2020 presidential election results. But others, including Gov. Brian Kemp, have been conspicuous in their unwillingness to pile on.

Kemp, who had previously survived scathing attacks from Trump over his refusal to endorse the former president’s false claims about the election, declined to comment on the indictment of Trump and 18 others at a conservative political conference hosted by radio host and Kemp ally Erick Erickson.

Noting that he had been called before a special grand jury to testify during the investigation, Kemp stated forcefully that Democratic President Joe Biden was the rightful winner of Georgia’s 16 electoral votes and said swinging the spotlight to Trump’s legal troubles would be a mistake.
By then, a few GOP lawmakers in Georgia were calling for a special session to impeach and remove Willis or defund her office. Others proposed amending the state constitution to let Kemp pardon Trump.
Why isn't this obstruction of justice?

Yeah, I know. It's a stupid question.
It's a desire to obstruct justice but with no possibility of actually making it happen.

article said:
He's a grifter who probably never had anything close to a billion dollars. That's been gossiped about for years, but somehow he's been able to convince banks and other financial organizations that he's got the dough. It's about time that his scheme to pretend he has more assets than he does. This is one more thing he needs to be prosecuted for, committing fraud by telling lies to banks about his assets in order to obtain bigger loans. How stupid are these financial people? Oh wait. They are pretty stupid when it comes to being manipulated by fake wealthy people.
Or they consider the risk of being left holding the bag less than the risk of denying the powerful.

I hope you're right about MAGA, but I'm not as optimistic
I don't think I'm optimistic. I am far from certain that what comes after MAGA won't be worse.
If it implodes as a victim of its own success, that will mean Trump is reinstalled for life, democracy is dead - probably for good - and the full blown Russia-style kleptocracy that the billionaire class envisions will come to pass.

article said:
Or they consider the risk of being left holding the bag less than the risk of denying the powerful.
Maybe, but I've known of bankers that were taken in by a Ponzi scheme, here in Georgia about 30 years ago, that was done by a man who wasn't powerful or extremely wealthy. He just talked a good talk and convinced a lot of people that he would help them. He ended up going bankrupt and got a 5 year prison term. Hopefully, Trump will also get what he deserves for fooling so many people in so many ways. He obviously can talk a good talk or he never would have won the election in 2016 or convinced so many fools that the election was stolen from him in 2020.

Reminds me of the Chicago Seven trials. Bobby Seals strapped to a chair and gagged. Will Trump be disruptive at this trial? And treated like Seals? How will Trumpian outbursts be treated?
He’ll be removed, and possibly held in contempt. He can watch remotely.

If the trial is not livestreamed, it will still take up most of the oxygen out of the national media. It will just be relying on court sketches and the quotes of people in the room, which will be much easier to dismiss as fake by the cultists. Now actual videos of the testimony, and all evidence, plus what the defense lawyers say, and don't say, will be much harder to refute for those who are not completely braindead.
I can already hear them asking, “Where’s the DNA evidence?”

Would they believe DNA evidence? If entire elections can be rigged across multiple states with no evidence then surely DNA evidence can be faked, especially since it can only be performed by “elite” scientists who were indoctrinated with “facts” at deep-state-run universities.

Would they believe DNA evidence? If entire elections can be rigged across multiple states with no evidence then surely DNA evidence can be faked, especially since it can only be performed by “elite” scientists who were indoctrinated with “facts” at deep-state-run universities.

Let’s face it, SM; the Trump Party has a lock on the brain dead vote. Best to refrain from trying to covert them.

The polling numbers seem to be rising every time Trump gets an additional indictment.

If this doesn't work completely, it will backfire completely.
If this doesn't work? What a bunch of loaded crap that is. He broke the law. He should have been impeached and stripped from being President again. And this is just Jan 6th, forget the documents case or the Georgia election fraud he tried to conspire about.

If Trump is convicted, his support will grow. If Trunp is acquitted, his support will grow. Most Republicans thought January 6th was a crime and Trump lost the election back in January 2021. Today, a majority of Republicans think the election was fixed.

Yes, "if this doesn't work". There is a definite risk of him successfully turning this into "they are after me because I'm dangerous to them". That has to be carefully controlled if the indictments are to get him out of the race.

The goal of the indictments is to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his actions and to show future candidates that there serious repercussions for such behavior. If the goals are met, one would certainly hope that a secondary result is that Mr. Trump is ineligible to serve as POTUS.

Back
Top Bottom