• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump finally be indicted in Georgia?

ATLANTA (AP) — Some Republicans in Washington and Georgia began attacking Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis immediately after she announced the Aug. 14 indictment of former President Donald Trump for conspiring to overturn the 2020 presidential election results. But others, including Gov. Brian Kemp, have been conspicuous in their unwillingness to pile on.

Kemp, who had previously survived scathing attacks from Trump over his refusal to endorse the former president’s false claims about the election, declined to comment on the indictment of Trump and 18 others at a conservative political conference hosted by radio host and Kemp ally Erick Erickson.

Noting that he had been called before a special grand jury to testify during the investigation, Kemp stated forcefully that Democratic President Joe Biden was the rightful winner of Georgia’s 16 electoral votes and said swinging the spotlight to Trump’s legal troubles would be a mistake.
By then, a few GOP lawmakers in Georgia were calling for a special session to impeach and remove Willis or defund her office. Others proposed amending the state constitution to let Kemp pardon Trump.

“The bottom line is that in the state of Georgia as long as I’m governor, we’re going to follow the law and the Constitution, regardless of who it helps and harms politically,” Kemp said. “Over the last few years, some inside and outside of this building may have forgotten that. But I can assure you that I have not.”

“The bottom line is that in the state of Georgia as long as I’m governor, we’re going to follow the law and the Constitution, regardless of who it helps and harms politically,” Kemp said. “Over the last few years, some inside and outside of this building may have forgotten that. But I can assure you that I have not.”
You beat me to it. I read this earlier today but was too busy to post it. I don't agree with many of Kemp's policies, but he usually does the right thing when it comes to things like this. He also knows that they would need a lot of Democrats to remove Fanni, and that's not going to happen. Still, I was very pleased that he made this public, but not very surprised. After all, he and our SOC didn't allow Trump to over turn our election in Georgia.

ATLANTA (AP) — Some Republicans in Washington and Georgia began attacking Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis immediately after she announced the Aug. 14 indictment of former President Donald Trump for conspiring to overturn the 2020 presidential election results. But others, including Gov. Brian Kemp, have been conspicuous in their unwillingness to pile on.

Kemp, who had previously survived scathing attacks from Trump over his refusal to endorse the former president’s false claims about the election, declined to comment on the indictment of Trump and 18 others at a conservative political conference hosted by radio host and Kemp ally Erick Erickson.

Noting that he had been called before a special grand jury to testify during the investigation, Kemp stated forcefully that Democratic President Joe Biden was the rightful winner of Georgia’s 16 electoral votes and said swinging the spotlight to Trump’s legal troubles would be a mistake.
By then, a few GOP lawmakers in Georgia were calling for a special session to impeach and remove Willis or defund her office. Others proposed amending the state constitution to let Kemp pardon Trump.
Why isn't this obstruction of justice?

Yeah, I know. It's a stupid question.

In a civilised society, if a person in a leadership role is charged with a crime, his friends and supporters ask "How can we prove to the court that he is an innocent man?".

In an organised crime gang, if a person in a leadership role is charged with a crime, his friends and supporters ask "How can we intimidate or corrupt the court, to put in place a patsy who will declare him to be innocent, regardless of proof that he is not?".

Why isn't this obstruction of justice?

Yeah, I know. It's a stupid question.
To amend our constitution, they would need at least 2/3rds of the Georgia House and Senate, before it went to the voters. The Republicans have less than 60% of the Congress, so that ain't gonna happen.

I don't know for sure, but I think they would need a good reason and a large majority to impeach Willis. I'll have to see if I can find more info, but these people have really lost their minds!

Oh wait. Kemp has already told these idiots that he's not going to call a special session to impeach Fanni Willis, as there is no evidence that she has violated any laws.

Trials in Georgia election subversion case to be broadcast live​

Scott McAfee, the judge presiding over the trials of Donald Trump and his 18 co-defendants in the Georgia election subversion case, says the proceedings will be streamed live on YouTube, Atlanta News First reports:

#BREAKING Judge McAfee says there will be a live YouTube stream — operated by the court — of all Fulton County hearings & trials related to the Trump indictment, in addition to pool media coverage
— Brendan Keefe - Atlanta News First (@BrendanKeefe) August 31, 2023
Per The Guardian.

I think they would need a good reason and a large majority to impeach Willis. I'll have to see if I can find more info, but these people have really lost their minds!
Nah. As far as they’re concerned, making noise is the object of the game, and they’re doing that. It’s all performance, zero substance.

I think they would need a good reason and a large majority to impeach Willis. I'll have to see if I can find more info, but these people have really lost their minds!
Nah. As far as they’re concerned, making noise is the object of the game, and they’re doing that. It’s all performance, zero substance.
True, but they won't get their way. That's my point. Even Kemp has called it political theatre, which is what they call the Democrats for prosecuting Trump. Kind of Orwellian, isn't it?

Even Kemp has called it political theatre
Yeah. Pretty straight speech.
I was genuinely impressed with that. Not with Kemp so much, but with the fact that he said that. Cracks in the wall? For sure, the current form of the Republican party is unsustainable.
MAGA is dead, it just doesn't know it yet. It remains to be seen whether it is put out of its misery by the common will, or if it implodes on its own, a victim of its own success. But it will be gone by 2027 either way.

I was genuinely impressed with that. Not with Kemp so much, but with the fact that he said that. Cracks in the wall? For sure, the current form of the Republican party is unsustainable.
MAGA is dead, it just doesn't know it yet. It remains to be seen whether it is put out of its misery by the common will, or if it implodes on its own, a victim of its own success. But it will be gone by 2027 either way.
I hope you're right about MAGA, but I'm not as optimistic. Trump may be dead by then, but I worry that his spirit will live on. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe the fact that one of the Proud Boys got a 17 year prison sentence will help other idiots realize there are consequences to trying to over turn the government. Plus, some idiot in Georgia got 30 months in prison for making death to someone he opposed. Too bad that Trump isn't the one serving that sentence since he influenced so many of these idiots. Mr. Sohy used to work with a member of one of those groups. I don't remember which one. I met the guy. He didn't seem crazy and for his own good, I hope he left the group before 2020. He was young, so he certainly had a chance to realize he was being persuaded by a cult.

I just asked Mr. Sohy. The guy was a member of the so called, "3 Percenters".

Last edited:
MAGA is a cancer. It was never alive, so it can't die. Trump's devastating defeat in 2016 was supposed to end this tea-party nonsense. Instead, it got much worse, grew out a Q-Anon movement, and his followers rioted in DC in order to try and steal the election. A Trump conviction would lead to his supporters becoming more galvanized. A Trump acquittal would lead to his supporters becoming more galvanized. Anything that has to do with Trump will galvanize his supporters. They are a cult. There is no logic, no thinking. It just is. And the GOP has no one that can beat him.

Right now, the only thing we can hope is that there is no successor. I thought DeSantis had a chance, but it seems Trump's best chance at staying out of jail is by getting back in the White House, so he isn't passing any torches (not that he would originally). But with gerrymandering allowing the alt-right to brew out some rather despicable people in Congress, it is hard to say it is likely there is no successor. I mean, Trump wasn't TRUMP MAGA in 2015. It just happened.

Trials in Georgia election subversion case to be broadcast live​

Scott McAfee, the judge presiding over the trials of Donald Trump and his 18 co-defendants in the Georgia election subversion case, says the proceedings will be streamed live on YouTube, Atlanta News First reports:

#BREAKING Judge McAfee says there will be a live YouTube stream — operated by the court — of all Fulton County hearings & trials related to the Trump indictment, in addition to pool media coverage
— Brendan Keefe - Atlanta News First (@BrendanKeefe) August 31, 2023
Per The Guardian.

There is good news and bad news. The good news is the hard evidence Trump is an election thief will be clear to all. The juicy bits will be held up to the light and we will all laugh and a thousand memes will be launched.

The bad news is this will suck all the oxygen out of national media for weeks. Plus energizing the Trump cultists and pro-Trump media into a frothy rage for weeks.

MAGA is a cancer. It was never alive, so it can't die. Trump's devastating defeat in 2016 was supposed to end this tea-party nonsense. Instead, it got much worse, grew out a Q-Anon movement, and his followers rioted in DC in order to try and steal the election. A Trump conviction would lead to his supporters becoming more galvanized. A Trump acquittal would lead to his supporters becoming more galvanized. Anything that has to do with Trump will galvanize his supporters. They are a cult. There is no logic, no thinking. It just is. And the GOP has no one that can beat him.

Right now, the only thing we can hope is that there is no successor. I thought DeSantis had a chance, but it seems Trump's best chance at staying out of jail is by getting back in the White House, so he isn't passing any torches (not that he would originally). But with gerrymandering allowing the alt-right to brew out some rather despicable people in Congress, it is hard to say it is likely there is no successor. I mean, Trump wasn't TRUMP MAGA in 2015. It just happened.
Like you say, it’s a cult. Seeing their idol laid out as a liar in court is going to disenchant some, and the rest will be marginalized after the next loss. The fact that Trump is a zero and a loser will have sunk in. The MAGAts may become more and more galvanized until there are only a dozen of them left, but they will have long since become a non factor. The only way it stays alive is if Trump steals the ‘24 election. And Trump knows it.

Like you say, it’s a cult. Seeing their idol laid out as a liar in court is going to disenchant some, and the rest will be marginalized after the next loss. The fact that Trump is a zero and a loser will have sunk in. The MAGAts may become more and more galvanized until there are only a dozen of them left, but they will have long since become a non factor. The only way it stays alive is if Trump steals the ‘24 election. And Trump knows it.
Of course, according to Trump, the Democrats have perfected a way to steal elections and leave no evidence so what chance does he think he has?

Well, it means to brings weapons next time to finish the job.

And it isn't like some right-wing states didn't pass laws retracting voting access because of Trump's fraud lies.

according to Trump, the Democrats have perfected a way to steal elections and leave no evidence so what chance does he think he has?
Chance? He don’ need no steenkin’ chance! He’s the greatest election stealer EVER. Nobody steals elections better than him. When the dust settles, he will lock up all the lib’rul fascist crts and assume the throne that is rightfully his!

You think I’m kidding, right?
All he needs is for a few people to not take him seriously.

Of course, according to Trump, the Democrats have perfected a way to steal elections and leave no evidence so what chance does he think he has?
I've been telling my Don Trumptard acquaintances that we did steal it. It was so slick and so clever that they can't figure it out. And if they can't figure it out it means we're smarter and that they deserve to lose. I get eye rolls and scowls, depends on the person.

If a three year old asked me to help write a letter to Santa that's exactly what I'd do, complete with all the "You've been so good this year, Santa is going to bring you lots of things." I honestly don't see the difference between doing that and humoring a MAGAtard. The MAGAtard isn't as harmless as the three-year-old but the two brains are undoubtedly on the same wavelength and level of comprehension.

I should add that I tell the MAGAtard not to waste time going to vote because it isn't going to make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom