• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump finally be indicted in Georgia?

Some of the "unindicted" may have already flipped. Surely Trump is wondering about that.

<sniggering>

"Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas" is how my mom put it.

There's also "There is no honor amongst thieves".

Trump put his trust in people, smart people, who banked on him to protect their own self interest. Now, as they realize that Trump is a sinking ship their self interest isn't Trump's interest.

Yeah, he's gotta know that. He knows those people very well.

<sniggering a bit more>
Tom

ORDER ENTERING SPECIAL PURPOSE GRAND JURY’S FINAL REPORT INTO COURT RECORD

Georgia election racketeering prosecution and List of alleged Georgia election racketeers and  Trump fake electors plot -- earlier mentioned: indictment text

Mentioned and previously charged: Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, Kenneth Chesebro, Donald Trump, Jenna Ellis, Mark Meadows, David Shafer, Ray Smith, Sidney Powell, Robert Cheeley, Cathleen Latham, Misty Hampton, Scott Hall, Jeff Clark, Steven Lee, Trevian Kutt, Harrison Floyd.

Mentioned but not previously charged: Cleta Mitchell, Lin Wood, Lindsey Graham, Michael Flynn, William Ligon, David Perdue, Kelly Loefller, Boris Epshteyn, Kurt Hilbert, Alex Kaufman, Jacki Pick.

Lindsey Graham is a South Carolina Senator, and David Perdue and Kelly Loefller former Georgia Senators.

Saw Lindsey "Windsock" Graham blabbering about his innocence, blinking like a child caught with his hand in the jar. I'm pretty sure his mind is racing, tryng to figure out who among the 40 people now named, has the goods on him and which of them is likely to spill it all. I hope they ALL suffer mightily as they sit awaiting the determination of their fate.

Meadows lost his bid to move his Georgia charges to federal court. The wheels of justice have moved slowly, but they are making progress daily.

"The Court concludes that Meadows has not met even the “quite low” threshold for removal. Again, what the Court must decide for purposes of federal officer removal is whether the actions Meadows took as a participant in the alleged enterprise (the charged conduct) were related to his federal role as White House Chief of Staff. The evidence adduced at the hearing establishes that the actions at the heart of the State’s charges against Meadows were taken on behalf of the Trump campaign with an ultimate goal of affecting state election activities and procedures. Meadows himself testified that working for the Trump campaign would be outside the scope of a White House Chief of Staff."

Meadows lost his bid to move his Georgia charges to federal court. The wheels of justice have moved slowly, but they are making progress daily.

"The Court concludes that Meadows has not met even the “quite low” threshold for removal. Again, what the Court must decide for purposes of federal officer removal is whether the actions Meadows took as a participant in the alleged enterprise (the charged conduct) were related to his federal role as White House Chief of Staff. The evidence adduced at the hearing establishes that the actions at the heart of the State’s charges against Meadows were taken on behalf of the Trump campaign with an ultimate goal of affecting state election activities and procedures. Meadows himself testified that working for the Trump campaign would be outside the scope of a White House Chief of Staff."

Damn those sneaky judges for using a defendant's own words against him!

Oh. You see blasphemy and want to call me on it.

You actually believe that people inside the government have high integrity.
Ok, let's unpack this nonsense a bit: Jason believes people inside the government do not have high integrity.

I would go further and say I think Jason believes people in general do not have high integrity, based on this; people 'in the government' have no more or less reason to lack integrity, after all.

I wonder, though, what basis someone could have for making this proclamation. I can think of a few, but the shiny mirror Jason looks in while they post seems the most likely one.

Most people are mostly right most of the time. Then, Jason is not "most people".
As the first person to comment with the least distortion of my position, I'll respond to you.

The jurors aren't the people I'm referring to.

Anyone in a high position in the government, whether they got there from election, appointment, or promotion, is someone whom I automatically suspect of having no integrity or character. Either they never had it, or they sacrificed it to get to their position.

The prosecutor who empaneled the jury is a different person from the jurors so empaneled. This should be obvious to anyone but it isn't.

Once a person is in a higher position with government, any person, that person is to be considered guilty until proven innocent of being corrupt and only acting for political reasons.

Most people in government have integrity. Unfortunately, enough do not to be a big problem.

The front line employees at the bottom rung, I'll agree many of them do.

We're not talking about the same people though.

Even then, not all front line employees. There are no ethical and devoted TSA agents.

You honestly think that calling out government personnel as government personnel is a dodge
It IS a dodge. You are pretending that the government or its personnel were the parties who indicted Trump rather than the 48(min) unanimous private citizens who found that he should be indicted.
Why are you dodging that FACT Jason?

One shred of honesty would have you correcting this falsehood:

The people who brought these [charges] are also professional politicos, so they have no character and professionalism to defame.

It is a provably and obviously false statement. Why are you standing by it? Is that the conservoprogressive way?

It is ironic to see you talking about honesty or falsehood. Yet my statement is true.

Jason, the only reason you would have as a motive for this is, clearly, your own admission of your own aims: to access government for corrupt ends.

It is an indictment of your own values and worldviews, not those of people in government.

So while I suspect YOU of ulterior notices with respect to the levers of power, that doesn't generalize.

Donald Trump tells judge he will not try to move his Georgia election subversion case to federal court

“This decision is based on his well-founded confidence that this Honorable Court intends to fully and completely protect his constitutional right to a fair trial and guarantee him due process of law throughout the prosecution of his case in the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia,” Trump attorney Steven Sadow wrote in the filing Thursday.
Trump obviously did not write that.

And why don't CNN links parse like most of the rest of them.

I hope spilling his guts and helping with further investigations was part of the plea deal.

Gotta start with the small fish to get the bigger fish...

Georgia election subversion case judge skeptical of asking potential jurors about ‘MAGA Republicans’

The judge presiding over the Georgia election subversion case said Monday he’s unlikely to let Donald Trump’s co-defendants ask potential jurors for their views on the former president’s attempt to “steal the election,” the impact of “political misinformation” on US democracy and the extremism of “MAGA Republicans.”

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee revealed at a hearing Monday that lawyers for the first two defendants going to trial – pro-Trump lawyer Kenneth Chesebro and former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell – wanted to include these politically charged inquiries in the questionnaire that will be given to potential jurors in the case.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin later this week. A total of 900 prospective jurors have been asked to report to the Fulton County courthouse, including 450 on Friday and the rest next week.

Trump fake electors plot
with
 Georgia election racketeering prosecution

Sidney Powell: Former Trump attorney pleads guilty in Georgia election subversion case | CNN Politics
Former Donald Trump attorney Sidney Powell has pleaded guilty in the Georgia election subversion case, one day before her trial was set to start.

Fulton County prosecutors are recommending a sentence of six years probation. Powell will also be required to testify at future trials and write an apology letter to the citizens of Georgia.

As part of her guilty plea, Powell is admitting her role in the January 2021 breach of election systems in rural Coffee County, Georgia. With the help of local GOP officials, a group of Trump supporters accessed and copied information from the county’s election systems in hopes of somehow proving that the election was rigged against Trump.

She joins Scott Hall: Bail bondsman is first defendant to plead guilty in Georgia election subversion case | CNN Politics but the other 17 have pleaded innocent.

So the Kraken was released...on parole?

Fani is not messing around.

In my opinion Powell was too deeply involved in the planning and execution of the attempted coup and is too big a fish to get off with this plea deal. She needs to be in prison.

I understand that the venerable (not!) Ms Powell has exposure in other matters, and jail time is still in the mix.

6 years probation, $6000 fine, $2700 to state, And she may get to own a gun, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom