• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump finally be indicted in Georgia?

Unlike those who flip on a mob boss, she won't be a candidate for the witness protection program
This seems like an odd omission, particularly as she is exactly like someone who flips on a mob boss, given that she just flipped, on the boss, of a highly organised criminal mob.

I am rather surprised that her lawyers aren't able to argue that she should qualify for that level of protection. The risk of violent retaliation from the followers of the man she is testifying against is undoubtedly very significant.

Unlike those who flip on a mob boss, she won't be a candidate for the witness protection program
This seems like an odd omission, particularly as she is exactly like someone who flips on a mob boss, given that she just flipped, on the boss, of a highly organised criminal mob.

I am rather surprised that her lawyers aren't able to argue that she should qualify for that level of protection. The risk of violent retaliation from the followers of the man she is testifying against is undoubtedly very significant.

Even if she could qualify, she is a very recognizable public figure, unlike a low level stoolie or a foreign spy that defected. She would need plastic surgery to remain anonymous.

When Sidney Powell, a top ally of Donald Trump, pleaded guilty Thursday to crimes associated with the 2020 election, lawyers for many Jan. 6 defendants were stunned by her relatively meager sentence: six years of probation and a modest fine.

For years, those lawyers — and some judges — have lamented that the thousands who breached the Capitol were used as pawns and dupes by Trump, Powell and their associates in a bid to subvert the election. So Powell’s plea was the first taste of accountability for Trump’s inner circle. Yet her punishment, Jan. 6 defense lawyers noted, paled in comparison to even some of the low-level offenders who entered the Capitol that day and now face consequences that may dog them for life.

“Gobsmacked is certainly an appropriate description considering the sentences that have been imposed against others who believed the lies spread by Donald Trump, Sidney Powell and others,” said Bjorn Brunvand, whose client Robert Palmer was sentenced by Judge Tanya Chutkan to 63 months in prison for assaulting officers at the U.S. Capitol. “The rules we all share are not applied equitably to all. Frequently, deals are made with the highest-ranking players in criminal conspiracies, while the pawns receive the most significant sentences.”

“Gobsmacked is certainly an appropriate description considering the sentences that have been imposed against others who believed the lies spread by Donald Trump, Sidney Powell and others,” said Bjorn Brunvand, whose client Robert Palmer was sentenced by Judge Tanya Chutkan to 63 months in prison for assaulting officers at the U.S. Capitol. “The rules we all share are not applied equitably to all. Frequently, deals are made with the highest-ranking players in criminal conspiracies, while the pawns receive the most significant sentences.”

Maybe Brunvand will go on social media to explain why it's so unfair that his clients got real sentences, but Trump and his top lawyers get slap on the wrist stuff?
Sensible people already know, but maybe he can help others understand?
Tom

It turns out, Kenneth Chesebro is a better lawyer than anyone thought.
Actually, he was. He knew that if he didn't cop a plea, he'd probably end up with a long jail term, so probation and witnessing against the orange menage was his best option, although he might have to hire a body guard to protect himself against the MAGA crazies.

The amusing part to me is that both Chesebro and Powell asked to have the charges dropped about a day before they made their plea deal.
That's my point. Chesebro's only hope of avoiding a conviction was avoiding a trial. He had to try every possible angle before accepting the inevitable.

But really, if you pal around with Alex Jones, you have to expect this kind of thing, sooner or later.

ATLANTA (AP) — It was a bad place to keep a secret.

When Republicans gathered on Dec. 14, 2020, claiming to be legitimate electors casting the state’s 16 electoral votes for Donald Trump, they met at the Georgia Capitol in a room just upstairs from the building’s public entrance. A Trump campaign official asked for the electors’ “complete discretion,” telling them to say only that they were meeting with two state senators who were there.

“Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion,” Robert Sinners wrote in an email uncovered by investigators.

But reporters for The Associated Press and other news organizations noticed the Republicans entering the building and were eventually admitted into the room, where they photographed and recorded video of the proceeding. In the chaotic weeks after the 2020 election, the gathering’s significance wasn’t immediately clear. But it has emerged as a critical element to the prosecution of Trump and 18 others who were indicted by a Georgia grand jury in August for efforts to overturn Democrat Joe Biden’s narrow win in the state.

The meeting was cited as a central element in court proceedings Friday as part of a last-minute deal with attorney Kenneth Chesebro, who pleaded guilty to one felony charge of conspiracy to commit filing false documents.

Trump statement on Sidney Powell
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Sidney Powell was one of millions and millions of people who thought, and in ever increasing numbers still think, correctly, that the 2020 Presidential Election was RIGGED & STOLLEN, AND OUR COUNTRY IS BEING ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED BECAUSE OF IT!!! Despite the Fake News reports to the contrary, and without even reaching out to ask the Trump Campaign, MS. POWELL WAS NOT MY ATTORNEY, AND NEVER WAS. In fact, she would have been conflicted. Ms. Powell did a valiant job of representing a very unfairly treated and governmentally abused General Mike Flynn, but to no avail. His prosecution, despite the facts, was ruthless. He was an innocent man, much like many other innocent people who are being persecuted by this now Fascist government of ours, and I was honored to give him a Full Pardon!

Sidney Powell was one of millions and millions of people who thought, and in ever increasing numbers still think, correctly, that the 2020 Presidential Election was RIGGED & STOLLEN, AND OUR COUNTRY IS BEING ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED BECAUSE OF IT!!! Despite the Fake News reports to the contrary, and without even reaching out to ask the Trump Campaign, MS. POWELL WAS NOT MY ATTORNEY, AND NEVER WAS. In fact, she would have been conflicted. Ms. Powell did a valiant job of representing a very unfairly treated and governmentally abused General Mike Flynn, but to no avail. His prosecution, despite the facts, was ruthless. He was an innocent man, much like many other innocent people who are being persecuted by this now Fascist government of ours, and I was honored to give him a Full Pardon!
It's like the skipping of a broken record, but...

When Rudy flips, Trump will claim he never even met the guy. Don't believe me? Ask Michael Cohen.

And not that it would ever happen, but if some attorney general or prosecutor managed to make "And I'm Eric" Trump flip, daddy would disown him in a heartbeat. A KFC cholesterol soaked heartbeat.

Still struggling with the word stolen, I see.

Maybe he just likes German pastries.

Maybe an unfortunate accident would be even better for the prosecution than the testimony of a crazy person, so they 🤷‍♂️

I can no longer tell if these are real or satirical caricatures.

I can no longer tell if these are real or satirical caricatures.

Me in 2019; The easiest job in the world right now is being a comedian in the US. The jokes write themselves.

Me in 2023; The hardest job in the world right now is being a comedian in the US how the living fuck can you satirise this further?

But to answer your question - yep, it's fucking real.

When Sidney Powell, a top ally of Donald Trump, pleaded guilty Thursday to crimes associated with the 2020 election, lawyers for many Jan. 6 defendants were stunned by her relatively meager sentence: six years of probation and a modest fine.

For years, those lawyers — and some judges — have lamented that the thousands who breached the Capitol were used as pawns and dupes by Trump, Powell and their associates in a bid to subvert the election. So Powell’s plea was the first taste of accountability for Trump’s inner circle. Yet her punishment, Jan. 6 defense lawyers noted, paled in comparison to even some of the low-level offenders who entered the Capitol that day and now face consequences that may dog them for life.

All this without knowing what information Powell might have to give. What information might Robert Palmer have had to give up? Nothing. That's what happens when you're a nobody. That you attacked a police officer and are still alive, I'd say you got off lightly.

ATLANTA (AP) — It was a bad place to keep a secret.

When Republicans gathered on Dec. 14, 2020, claiming to be legitimate electors casting the state’s 16 electoral votes for Donald Trump, they met at the Georgia Capitol in a room just upstairs from the building’s public entrance. A Trump campaign official asked for the electors’ “complete discretion,” telling them to say only that they were meeting with two state senators who were there.

“Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion,” Robert Sinners wrote in an email uncovered by investigators.

But reporters for The Associated Press and other news organizations noticed the Republicans entering the building and were eventually admitted into the room, where they photographed and recorded video of the proceeding. In the chaotic weeks after the 2020 election, the gathering’s significance wasn’t immediately clear. But it has emerged as a critical element to the prosecution of Trump and 18 others who were indicted by a Georgia grand jury in August for efforts to overturn Democrat Joe Biden’s narrow win in the state.

The meeting was cited as a central element in court proceedings Friday as part of a last-minute deal with attorney Kenneth Chesebro, who pleaded guilty to one felony charge of conspiracy to commit filing false documents.
GQP Morons: This meeting has to be completely secret.

Same GQP Morons, 5 minutes later: What? The press is here? Let me fix my hair, then let them in.

LOL, STOLLEN (again). Dude is such an idiot.

Also,:

Also also:

Back
Top Bottom