• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WTF Democrats?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Why don't the Democrats in Congress introduce a bill that does nothing but forbid LEGAL asylum seekers' children from being kidnapped?
At least they can lay it all at the feet of the 'Pugs when they refuse to hear it.
They seem bound and determined to let Cheato blame them for this whole fascist fiasco.

There actually is one by the dems in process. It'll never see the light of day.

Then it's up to the Dems to shine a light on it. Can't sit there and let the 'Pugs keep telling people "Dems don't want to do anything about it". When they demand something "in return" the Dems can howl about hostage taking (which they're already doing, but it rings hollow when 'Pugs have two ransom bills on the floor and the Dems have offered no alternative).

Then it's up to the Dems to shine a light on it. Can't sit there and let the 'Pugs keep telling people "Dems don't want to do anything about it". When they demand something "in return" the Dems can howl about hostage taking (which they're already doing, but it rings hollow when 'Pugs have two ransom bills on the floor and the Dems have offered no alternative).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/3036/text

While that would be nice, news services aren't really paying attention to democrats. Trump has stolen all the oxygen from the room.

Why don't the Democrats in Congress introduce a bill that does nothing but forbid LEGAL asylum seekers' children from being kidnapped?
At least they can lay it all at the feet of the 'Pugs when they refuse to hear it.
They seem bound and determined to let Cheato blame them for this whole fascist fiasco.

It can be laid at the feet of the Repugs no matter what else was on the bill.

One was introduced, signed by 100% Democrats and 0% Republicans.

I dont think the Republicans would sign a bill that could make the Democrats look like they were the ones who "saved the children"

The Democrats are going to have to make it look like it was their idea.

Kidnapped? I'm out of the loop. Hyperbole, I suspect, so what's up?

If you prefer - ... "spirited kindly away to an unknown location, and held there pending the payment of $25,000,000,000.00 for building an edifice to honor xenophobia and racism".

Not kidnapping... Okay?

"Kidnapped" isn't exactly an unreasonable term in this case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...rant-family-separations-are-permanent-n884391

https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/tender-age.html

I've read both articles in their entirety. "Detained"

"...in secret Federal internment camps with no full accounting of people's whereabouts..."
Move right along, nothing to see here. Let's not make Cheato pull some other stunt on the international stage to distract from this unfortunate Paux Fas....

"Kidnapped" isn't exactly an unreasonable term in this case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...rant-family-separations-are-permanent-n884391

https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/tender-age.html

But there's no legitimate purpose to that detention.

Rather, it's to threaten the parents, and to get Congress to approve his stupid wall.

Extortion and holding for ransom. That's kidnapping in my book.

But there's no legitimate purpose to that detention.

Rather, it's to threaten the parents, and to get Congress to approve his stupid wall.

Extortion and holding for ransom. That's kidnapping in my book.
Your book is skewed. But that's okay. I now know what is meant by 'kidnapping.'

WH advisor Steven Miller clarified the Republicans stance on their zero tolerance policy. He said losing their kids will be a deterrent from attempting to enter America.

You can call that whatever you want - He also said 90% of Americans will support this by voting R in the midterms.

So, he's exactly saying they are taking innocent kids for votes.

What crime are CHILDREN being "detained" for? Do tell.
I'm not aware of any crimes for which the children are being detained, but one not need commit a crime to be detained.

Just as a legally sanctioned killing is not murder, legally sanctioned detainment is not kidnapping.

WH advisor Steven Miller clarified the Republicans stance on their zero tolerance policy. He said losing their kids will be a deterrent from attempting to enter America.

You can call that whatever you want - He also said 90% of Americans will support this by voting R in the midterms.

So, he's exactly saying they are taking innocent kids for votes.

Can we send him to Nuremberg?

Have we seen any meaningful evidence to suggest that they as a whole oppose the procedure in question? Or rather, did before it hit the press? Neither Obama nor Clinton were exactly known for their leniency on immigration. That's sixteen years of Democratic policy-setting between them. The right of the United States to detain indigenous children is one that has always been retained by the state.

Have we seen any meaningful evidence to suggest that they as a whole oppose the procedure in question? Or rather, did before it hit the press? Neither Obama nor Clinton were exactly known for their leniency on immigration. That's sixteen years of Democratic policy-setting between them. The right of the United States to detain indigenous children is one that has always been retained by the state.

There has never been a purposeful policy of punishment and retaliation via separating children from parents in order to 1) deter immigration and 2) to push the opposing party into giving in to demands.

So you're okay with purposefully taking children from their parents so that the Democrats will give Trump money for his wall that he said Mexico would pay for? Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom