• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WTF is this?

Medieval foods mixed sweet fruit and meat (yuck)

Everything that's old is new again.

Choc-Bacon-sticks.jpg

I bet I'll try them at least once. Yes, it is so outlandish that you will too.

Doubt it would be gross by default, getting over that hurdle is a must first, but huh :shock:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2018/08/29/oreo-spicy-new-flavors-es-vpx.cnn

Are there other foods akin to this weirdness factor?
I don't like spicy heat so it wouldn't be for me. In my mind, I'm thinking that a Wasabi (which I've never had) and Hot Wing would required a dark chocolate flavor to work, something very dark. An oreo cookie would not only be too sweet, but too crunchy to pair well, in my opinion. It'd be better off as a truffle, maybe with nut chunks on the outside.

A while back, my daughter was raving about the Bacon Sundaes at the local Denny's restaurant.

:barf:
Bacon can work for dessert. You can candy it a bit with honey or sugar water. Break it up and serve with an ice cream that is mellow, to allow the flavors to stick out. Though I could see it going with a coffee or dark chocolate ice cream as well. Bacon on its own, I would think would be tricky. I'd say it'd need to be hot off the grill to work... again, broken into pieces. If crunchy, the salty and crunchy part of it works, I think.

I've pondered savory ice creams. My goal for a while was to come up with an ice cream you could serve with dinner. I think something spicy would work best... but I hate spice. :(

I'd definitely try them once but I wouldn't expect to like them enough to eat more.

I'd definitely try them once but I wouldn't expect to like them enough to eat more.

This is exactly why Oreo is releasing stuff like this. People 'try' them, then remember and start buying regular Oreos. Also because people make threads about them on internet forums.

This is exactly why Oreo is releasing stuff like this. People 'try' them, then remember and start buying regular Oreos. Also because people make threads about them on internet forums.

YOU DON'T SAY. lol

I guess that might be obvious. I just don't get all the chatter over Oreo flavours.. it's a shitty flavour of a shitty cookie released as a marketing ploy, complaining about them is what they want you to do.

We had one of my partner's friends living at our place for a couple months in the spring and she was their target market. She'd come home with all of these crazy Oreos and try to shove them in my face. 'No actually I don't want to try a cinnamon roll oreo, thanks'.

Okay, lets get something straight, Oreo or Hydrox are not shitty. They are a good cookie, however, they are best (by a good margin) if eaten frozen.

Okay, lets get something straight, Oreo or Hydrox are not shitty. They are a good cookie, however, they are best (by a good margin) if eaten frozen.

I must have just moved right outside the sweet zone and fully into savory. I'll enjoy a thoroughly good, freshly baked cookie, or worst case scenario a few select brands of grocery brand chocolate chip cookie. But Oreos? What the fuck even is an Oreo? I'd rather snack on cheese/crackers, or some other kind of bread.

I've eaten this in that place...wasn't as bad as I expected....

Garlic Ice Cream
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...e_San_Francisco-San_Francisco_California.html

Ice cream is the staple of the Gilroy Garlic Festival. There are other odd garlicky foods on offer, but the oce cream causes the most hubbub.
Anything that is churned with a high enough fat content will be like. There is little you can put in with that much fat that won't be adored!

I think I've got it... a basil pesto ice cream served with a honey glazed broiled salmon filet. For dessert you could do it with crumbled chocolate covered bacon.

Jalapeno is surprisingly good in chocolate fudge. Tiny bits of the pepper, of course. And dark chocolate.

One of my husband's favorite cakes is a chocolate cake with whiskey and coffee and---ground black pepper. I'm not a fan of whiskey or coffee but if you put them together with enough chocolate, they're pretty good. (And sugar)

One of the specialties of a local bakery is a maple long john with bacon on it. Not a fan.

Back
Top Bottom