• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WTF? Trump "hopes" Russian Intelligence to find and release HRC's missing emails.

Entangling the Russian hackers with the contents of the leak is unfortunate and counter-productive. Yes, Democrats should be pissed that DNC was taking sides against Sanders. But at the same time, the "leak" is not some whistleblower dumping the emails, it's a deliberate act of cyber warfare by a foreign nation (most likely... not that it can ever be proven beyond all doubt). These are two completely separate issues, but they are also very easy to use to try to deflect each other:

When someone raises an issue that DNC was taking sides, he or she can get rebuked with "Are you in cahoots with the Russians? Why do you let them interfere in our elections?"

When someone raises concern over Russian hacks, he or she gets rebuked with "What about the DNC dishonesty, don't attack the messenger!"

I for one think these lines of argumentation should be banned. When discussing the content of the leak, talk about the content. When discussing the hacking, talk about the hacking only.

Anyway, I wonder, if it is Russian hackers, why would it be restricted only to DNC or Hillary? Could it be that they have also hacked RNC or Trump's campaign emails (or at least tried), but have simply not chosen to reveal those. Independent hacking groups like Anonymous (if it exists) would probably release everything they can get their hands on, but state actors would know the value of keeping some things secret and releasing only the parts that benefits them. For example, the famous phone call where Victoria Nuland says "fuck Europe" was not released in its entirety, only the small part that might have hurt EU-US relations.

If Trump or RNC was hacked, and there are traces of it, would they make it public, or just cross their fingers and hope nothing gets released? Does it put Trump in a possible position of being blackmailed by Russia later on?

There are lots of rumors of Putin and Trump business connections (hence the not releasing of tax returns). But I think that the most likely sceneriao is that Trump is weak on supporting NATO. Putin fears a strong NATO will hurt his western expansion plans (both militaristic and economic).

There is absolutely no reason to believe anything Trump says, even if he says he's joking.
Trump is a very honest person. He may not always fully express his thoughts, as he tends to be choppy, but context often disambiguates where his mind and heart is. Because of his high level of integrity, I'm open-minded to giving a little latitude when his off the cuff remarks do not withstand the analytics of the opposition.

You smoking Baghdad Bob?

And being public servants makes her better?
I don't know how much she understands but I know I thought it was bad idea to invade Iraq at the time. Same with Libya and Syria, Ok, Syria happened after Hillary left.

Duh, yeah. Being a public servant makes her more qualified. Particularly so when compared to a reality tv star.
I laughed when Obama used word "qualified" referring to Hillary. Being qualified is not everything, it's not even much. It merely means she has been around and knows where all restrooms are in the white house,
I also have reservations about HRC's militarism.
That's my primary concern too. She is a total hawk and relations with Russia will be a disaster. Obama was not great in that regard but he at least was better than the rest of Washington critters. I mean Obama was a moderate Russia hater and had to hold his people back, with Hillary there will be no holding back, she will bring worst of the worst cold war people in her administration.
Speaking of cold war people, there was a recent email leak regarding that former US-Nato dude, Philip Breedlove https://theintercept.com/2016/07/01/nato-general-emails/ . It was published in Germany. These are top millitary people in US and they were plotting to start Iran-Contras kind of plot behind Obama's back. And where do you think they were getting shit they were smoking? From some cold war era no doubt Red October fan who gave that famous and fake photo of "russians" in Ukraine and who was drinking Vodka with ukrainian nazies.
Wesley fucking Clark bought this shit. And Hillary will buy it too, she actually bought it already.

So, to you, experience of First Lady, Senator and SecState is meaningless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump is a very honest person.

Then he's a fucking moron who should not be trusted with anything small enough to swallow. "I have a relationship with Putin. We get along very well." "I have no relationship with Putin. Never met him" "Everybody knows I have the best memory in the world."

Can you find the problem with all three statements coming out of the same mouth? Try real hard, I know you can.

He may not always fully express his thoughts, as he tends to be choppy

Yes, he may have the attention span of a lit match...

but context often disambiguates where his mind and heart is.

Yes, it makes it clear that he is a narcissistic egomaniacal sociopath who cares nothing for the truth, and will say whatever, whenever, to whomever in order to gratify his urge of the moment. I must admit that's very honest. Very stupid, but honest.

Because of his high level of integrity,

I think you are conflating consistency with integrity. For instance, he consistently stiffs small contractors on failing projects, declares bankruptcy on them and walks away from his failed project with a pocketful of cash, leaving the small contractor to go out of business. That's consistency, not integrity.

I'm open-minded to giving a little latitude when his off the cuff remarks do not withstand the analytics of the opposition.

...if it were only the "opposition" that would be one thing. But it's virtually everyone with a conscience who is disgusted by Trump's disregard for others. Even a large number of his older, white, uneducated and ignorant supporters voice their disapproval of his conduct, even as the renew their allegiance to his promise "I AM YOUR VOICE!". He will do NOTHING for those people, except continue to take advantage of them to line his own pockets, as he has always done. He's very consistent, remember?

There is absolutely no reason to believe anything Trump says, even if he says he's joking.
Trump is a very honest person. He may not always fully express his thoughts, as he tends to be choppy, but context often disambiguates where his mind and heart is. Because of his high level of integrity, I'm open-minded to giving a little latitude when his off the cuff remarks do not withstand the analytics of the opposition.

I can't tell if this supposed to be satire. Trump is demonstrably a liar. Liars aren't very honest people. It's arguable that he's a pathological liar, in that he believes his lies to completely that he has created a fantasy world in his mind in which the things he's lied about are actually true.

Think about if these things ring true for Trump, quoted from the Wikipedia article about pathological lying:

- ...pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".

- The stories told are usually dazzling or fantastical, but never breach the limits of plausibility, which is key to the pathological liar's tactic.

- The fabricative tendency is chronic; it is not provoked by the immediate situation or social pressure so much as it is an innate trait of the personality.

- Pathological lying may also present as false memory syndrome, where the sufferer genuinely believes that fictitious (imagined) events have taken place.

etc.

I won't muddy up this post with the multitude of examples that are easily found almost every time he speaks.

Just think about when George S. just asked him about sacrifices in response to Khan's speech at the DNC in which he accused Trump of having sacrified nothing and no one. Instead of admitting that no, he hadn't made a sacrifice like Khan or his son had made, he went on to claim he had made sacrifices and when asked for examples he listed his business accomplishments as if they were sacrifices. George then asked him "those are sacrifices?" and he said yes. We don't even know what color the sky is in the world in which Trump lives.

So, to you, experience of First Lady, Senator and SecState is meaningless?
Yes, pretty meaningless. Her SecState tenure is pretty negative in my opinion.
That so called "experience" is only meaningful for her to get elected because some people think it's meaningful.
There are millions of americans who would have been better presidents than her.
She is an average intelligence elderly woman who just happened to be in a position to be a president and who wants it very much.

And the reason why I laughed when Obama referred to HRC as "most qualified" is because Obama himselef was a least qualified when he ran for the first time. That tells you how much Obama values "experience"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom