• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Youtube Fear Experiment

another1

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Christian
Why is it, that If you search a video to learn how to do math, you're assaulted by videos like "top ten racist public freak outs MUST SEE"? Why do I want "TOP TEN WAYS TO HURT ANIMALS FOR SATAN" video suggestions in my life? Why do I have to see such ugly images when I want look up a math problem?

Alright. Try this internet experiment. Next time you have a fresh install, do the search "how do animals store memory" on Youtube. Innocent and simple enough, right? Nope. You will be thrust into HELL within 3 clicks.

You don't have to click the conspiracy video links to be drastically affected by them. The images of violence, random occult symbols, apocalyptic messages and alien agenda references... they draw you in. Click or not. All you have to do is see the little picture. Facebook has pretty much proven that fact in their experiments.

I'm doubting that Youtube isn't experimenting in ways that would keep us up at night. The justification is learning. For whatever reason (money), they want to learn what users all about. Fair enough, but there is something sinister about some of the video suggestions you get. If you want to learn what 100 octillion is in zeroes, you will be subjected to "best parental abuse compilation REMIX". That, and baby eating illuminati lizards. Can't forget those guys. The illuminati is the stupidest damn thing on Youtube, and it represents more than just a conspiracy. The hits are still outrageous, and it is all because weak people want something to blame. That is essentially why they click, in my opinion. We can't accept that only weare responsible for controlling our lives, and not some triangle floating in our minds, making us weak. It is quite scary to accept responsibility for reality, and it is just too easy to give in to the occultist/impending apocalypse mindset, which is manifesting physically through fearful thoughts, in a self fulfilling prophecy that is quite pathetic to watch.

Type "Fear leads to" in Google and peep the word that auto completes. The word is Youtube, which coincidentally sounds like an ancient word for "dwell in darkness".
That was of course a joke, but that is the type of stuff people end up devouring when all they really want to do is watch a video of the sun setting. Occultism is stupidity, and occultism is on the rise. My hunch is that occultism is being used as a tool in internet media, and I doubt it is an unpopular hunch. Trash is making us stupid. The trash should have been at it's zenith in 2012, but that was just a small creak from one of the many gates of Hell. Occult material seeping into regular searches is commonplace now. We see the image and object to clicking it, but it is too late. We saw the image.

It seems that on Youtube, there are more conspiracies than there are conspiracy theorists. I can't help but picture large rooms of people creating purposely bad and misspelled uploads of insanely ridiculous conspiracies. They may get paid just to be assholes. Ideal job, but morally wrong. Most uploaders need no payment, other than in the attention they get, which their fear-laced and pixelated world tells them they need so badly. People do not use their imaginations when they create videos. They are stuck in triangle land and it is stupid to watch, but Youtube's suspicious efforts in "suggested videos" make it unavoidable.

Apparently nobody is in control of the situation. Too many uploaders. Conspiracy theorists get paid in odd and twisted ways, and the ones observing how we react to the presence of their videos, they get paid in real coin. They subject you to sick things. They subject you to absurd things. They subject you to an ass load of conspiracies. That isn't illegal according to the terms of use, and it is a relatively benign subject, considering world affairs... but there are golden truths, like how to do long division and where the eye of the Sahara is located. Those truths are buried beneath the warm, oily scrotums of anxiety gargoyles perched above the doors of Youtube, and personally I am tired of their pubes brushing across my face.

Any thoughts?

That's right. No one is in control. Don't be afraid.

That whole "only thing to fear is fear itself" wasn't just rhetoric. Do you know what fear does to brain function and behavior? If not, well, in a nutshell, fear hijacks resources (blood, i.e., glucose, oxygen) away from the frontal lobes in favor of emotional brain and fight or flight responses, meaning your problem solving skills, among other useful functions, are down the toilet, at least temporarily.

If you can't change the landscape of ugly images, change your responses to them.

I've never run into any of this. Must be some sort of personalization by youtube. Would your Internet search history horrify average people (y/n)?

Google and Youtube are related. Both searches return results based on your history and what the algorithm thinks you might like. Facebook does this as well. Which was funny once when a guy was complaining about all the gay ads he receives. But I digress. You may have better results going into incognito mode in your browser first.

The effect is pretty pronounced. For instance, if I do a Google search for paranormal type phenomena, I more often than not receive skeptical "debunking" type sites in my top results. If I'm trying to do more balanced research, I switch incognito mode on.

Type "Fear leads to" in Google and peep the word that auto completes. The word is Youtube,
No.
I get 'anger,' and 'anxiety' and 'anger Trump.'

And a whole lot of websites that quote or discuss Yoda quotes.

All in all, it's looking to be a personal problem, a1.

Interesting how browsers work. Thank you for trying that autocomplete!

As for Youtube and it's attempts to penetrate you in every way possible - that is still happening. It can be proven, and here are the ways I have tried:

Experimented using Firefox after a fresh install

Experimented using Tor, and a cocoon of some sort

Experimented using last 2 versions of Explorer.

Also tried on a phone.

Actually every time I do a monthly reinstall - I check to see if Youtube is still pulling this stuff. They are. Same results every time.

A satanic foot fetish can follow you of course. Youtube and Google are both working to understand how to appeal to user needs, and that is no problem. If I like a specific race of women, bam I get them all day for the rest of my life. Say I like Asian women. I do, but I'm not too specific. If I look at the feet of Asian women in too many searches, I'll be shown napalmed villages occasionally. Just a random image here and there. That isn't necessarily Youtube's deal, but it relates. My "exploding heavy machinery and foot fetish" results in a number that determines my guiltcoin value. The value of my capacity to fear things, basically.

I'm glad to hear that your Youtube searches aren't as annoying as mine.
You may not be experiencing it yet. I am in a different place. Studies like this would have to done in clusters and at different times. Wait around and it may happen. Or maybe ask around. Don't bother asking Google though.

If you can't change the landscape of ugly images, change your responses to them. That is true. But the landscape of ugly images is changing how it responds to me, and it is making me the landscape. I'm responding in many ways, and the last response Ima try will be totally boycotting Youtube until contents are segregated.

Thank you. Please continue.

Last edited:

As for Youtube and it's attempts to penetrate you in every way possible - that is still happening. It can be proven, and here are the ways I have tried:

Also tried on a phone.

Actually every time I do a monthly reinstall - I check to see if Youtube is still pulling this stuff. They are. Same results every time.

A satanic foot fetish can follow you of course. Youtube and Google are both working to understand how to appeal to user needs, and that is no problem. If I like a specific race of women, bam I get them all day for the rest of my life. Say I like Asian women. I do, but I'm not too specific. If I look at the feet of Asian women in too many searches, I'll be shown napalmed villages occasionally. Just a random image here and there. That isn't necessarily Youtube's deal, but it relates. My "exploding heavy machinery and foot fetish" results in a number that determines my guiltcoin value. The value of my capacity to fear things, basically.

I'm glad to hear that your Youtube searches aren't as annoying as mine.
You may not be experiencing it yet. I am in a different place. Studies like this would have to done in clusters and at different times. Wait around and it may happen. Or maybe ask around. Don't bother asking Google though.
This might be one of those times when paranoia is making connections and drawing conclusions where there are none.

If you can't change the landscape of ugly images, change your responses to them. That is true. But the landscape of ugly images is changing how it responds to me, and it is making me the landscape. I'm responding in many ways,
That is true, very true, in fact. But there is no reason to just jump down a rabbit hole. It's just how we humans operate.

and the last response Ima try will be totally boycotting Youtube until contents are segregated.

Youtube is not doing anything to you that it's not doing to everyone else, too. It's not personal. Just a suggestion: pay more attention to your own reactions and thoughts than you pay to looking for connections and horrors. :)

Just a suggestion: pay more attention to your own reactions and thoughts than you pay to looking for connections and horrors. :)
I like that.
You could almost create a form of Youtube tarot.

The power of tarot does not come from the random distribution of cards, nor from an unseen agency controlling the distribution. I enjoy seeing the images and experiencing how my mind ties them into a narrative. It's revealing, but about me, not about the future, as best as i can see.

Maybe one could form fortune-telling search terms to see what comes up and what your brain does with those images...

Also tried on a phone.

With Tor you're getting a smattering of the average Tor user's searches all wrapped into a neat package.

With your monthly fresh installs, are you logging in to check your Gmail before you browse Youtube?

Yeah I thought about that Deepak and I ruled it out. Gmail isn't the culprit. And yeah, "smattering" is a good word to describe the average Tor user's searches. Smattering indeed.

Hylidae with anyone else you may be right. I think the same thing when reading what some people say about this stuff. They're paranoid.
I'm Religious but not stupid, and this isn't a thread about paranoid assumptions. You're right to think that this is another conspiracy I'm joking about, but this is as much in your reality as it is mine.

This thread was (is?) about a social experiment that seems to using conspiracy based material to create and gauge reactions. That is something people do. They do it on Youtube. I don't feel I'm being paranoid about it.

Think about this. Music. That is one way Youtube exposes you to the trash. Searching "anniversary presents" will not result in "annunaki presence". That is too straight forward and suspicious. But song lyrics are filtered through a program which makes "random suggestions" for more videos. I don't like music culture and I don't want it. I don't want to be exposed to the bullshit. The music I like has nothing to do with who I actually am, but finding new music to like on Youtube allows a program to assume just that. It goes miles beyond that. You don't feel at odds with the way technology is starting to study you?

Youtube is being used the wrong way. Fear is needlessly spread where culture jamming experiments and love should be. It should never be used to study consumer habits and how people react to frightening images and titles. That is what they are doing and it is wrong.

There needs to be a conspiracy tube separate from the normal content. Many changes need made. Until there is a serious overhaul, Youtube will remain an absolute thought rapist. Those who don't feel manipulated by it are not necessarily lucky. Probably the opposite, so there is that to consider.

Last edited:
I don't feel I'm being paranoid about it.
Well, isn't that true for everyone accused of talking about paranoid delusions?
No matter how many people say they're nutters, they're going to insist they're on to something.
That is, of course, the appeal of a conspiracy theory. Everyone's being victimized did they but realize it, but _I_ am among the few to perceive that which is truly occurring. Makes the theorist feel important enough to be targeted, and superior to those around him saying 'crank it back a thousand, dude.'

Youtube is being used the wrong way.
For this to mean much, you need to define the 'right' way that Youtube needs to be 'used.' You need to identify who decides what the right way is.
You need to establish that you are, in any way, connected to or qualified to BE the person who makes such decisions.
Oh, and someone else needs to report that they're sharing your experiences.

Fear is needlessly spread where culture jamming experiments and love should be.
The content on youtube is not frightening to me. The stuff that shows up for my searches is pretty much what I'm looking to find, expecting, though the comments section? Many of those people would scare the crap out of me if I thought they behaved that way in face-to-face conversations across a table at McDonalds. But then again, they're presenting as teenagers protected by anonymity

It should never be used to study consumer habits and how people react to frightening images and titles. That is what they are doing and it is wrong.
Since you don't own youtube, it's hard to get really excited about you criticizing how you think they're using it.

You don't like what they're doing, don't go there.
Or make your own video hosting service with ground rules to match what you think they should be.

Why is it, that If you search a video to learn how to do math, you're assaulted by videos like "top ten racist public freak outs MUST SEE"? Why do I want "TOP TEN WAYS TO HURT ANIMALS FOR SATAN" video suggestions in my life? Why do I have to see such ugly images when I want look up a math problem?

Alright. Try this internet experiment. Next time you have a fresh install, do the search "how do animals store memory" on Youtube. Innocent and simple enough, right? Nope. You will be thrust into HELL within 3 clicks.

You don't have to click the conspiracy video links to be drastically affected by them. The images of violence, random occult symbols, apocalyptic messages and alien agenda references... they draw you in. Click or not. All you have to do is see the little picture. Facebook has pretty much proven that fact in their experiments.

I'm doubting that Youtube isn't experimenting in ways that would keep us up at night. The justification is learning. For whatever reason (money), they want to learn what users all about. Fair enough, but there is something sinister about some of the video suggestions you get. If you want to learn what 100 octillion is in zeroes, you will be subjected to "best parental abuse compilation REMIX". That, and baby eating illuminati lizards. Can't forget those guys. The illuminati is the stupidest damn thing on Youtube, and it represents more than just a conspiracy. The hits are still outrageous, and it is all because weak people want something to blame. That is essentially why they click, in my opinion. We can't accept that only weare responsible for controlling our lives, and not some triangle floating in our minds, making us weak. It is quite scary to accept responsibility for reality, and it is just too easy to give in to the occultist/impending apocalypse mindset, which is manifesting physically through fearful thoughts, in a self fulfilling prophecy that is quite pathetic to watch.

Type "Fear leads to" in Google and peep the word that auto completes. The word is Youtube, which coincidentally sounds like an ancient word for "dwell in darkness".
That was of course a joke, but that is the type of stuff people end up devouring when all they really want to do is watch a video of the sun setting. Occultism is stupidity, and occultism is on the rise. My hunch is that occultism is being used as a tool in internet media, and I doubt it is an unpopular hunch. Trash is making us stupid. The trash should have been at it's zenith in 2012, but that was just a small creak from one of the many gates of Hell. Occult material seeping into regular searches is commonplace now. We see the image and object to clicking it, but it is too late. We saw the image.

It seems that on Youtube, there are more conspiracies than there are conspiracy theorists. I can't help but picture large rooms of people creating purposely bad and misspelled uploads of insanely ridiculous conspiracies. They may get paid just to be assholes. Ideal job, but morally wrong. Most uploaders need no payment, other than in the attention they get, which their fear-laced and pixelated world tells them they need so badly. People do not use their imaginations when they create videos. They are stuck in triangle land and it is stupid to watch, but Youtube's suspicious efforts in "suggested videos" make it unavoidable.

Apparently nobody is in control of the situation. Too many uploaders. Conspiracy theorists get paid in odd and twisted ways, and the ones observing how we react to the presence of their videos, they get paid in real coin. They subject you to sick things. They subject you to absurd things. They subject you to an ass load of conspiracies. That isn't illegal according to the terms of use, and it is a relatively benign subject, considering world affairs... but there are golden truths, like how to do long division and where the eye of the Sahara is located. Those truths are buried beneath the warm, oily scrotums of anxiety gargoyles perched above the doors of Youtube, and personally I am tired of their pubes brushing across my face.

Any thoughts?

That's what THEY want you to believe.

Yeah I thought about that Deepak and I ruled it out. Gmail isn't the culprit. And yeah, "smattering" is a good word to describe the average Tor user's searches. Smattering indeed.

Hylidae with anyone else you may be right. I think the same thing when reading what some people say about this stuff. They're paranoid.
I'm Religious but not stupid, and this isn't a thread about paranoid assumptions. You're right to think that this is another conspiracy I'm joking about, but this is as much in your reality as it is mine.

This thread was (is?) about a social experiment that seems to using conspiracy based material to create and gauge reactions. That is something people do. They do it on Youtube. I don't feel I'm being paranoid about it.

Think about this. Music. That is one way Youtube exposes you to the trash. Searching "anniversary presents" will not result in "annunaki presence". That is too straight forward and suspicious. But song lyrics are filtered through a program which makes "random suggestions" for more videos. I don't like music culture and I don't want it. I don't want to be exposed to the bullshit. The music I like has nothing to do with who I actually am, but finding new music to like on Youtube allows a program to assume just that. It goes miles beyond that. You don't feel at odds with the way technology is starting to study you?

Youtube is being used the wrong way. Fear is needlessly spread where culture jamming experiments and love should be. It should never be used to study consumer habits and how people react to frightening images and titles. That is what they are doing and it is wrong.

There needs to be a conspiracy tube separate from the normal content. Many changes need made. Until there is a serious overhaul, Youtube will remain an absolute thought rapist. Those who don't feel manipulated by it are not necessarily lucky. Probably the opposite, so there is that to consider.

I have a theory. More people enjoy reading about conspiracy theories than who actually believe in them. I saw some statistic on how many have read Mein Kampf (I am one of them). The number of active Nazis in the world is considerably less (I am also not a Nazi).

I'm not a Nazi and I read both Magda and J Goebbels' diaries before reading half of Mein Kampf when I was in High School, DrZoidberg. The how was more interesting to me than the why. The other 55 kids in my class got a musty copy passed down from their racist parents - whose parents before them tried to stop the Nazis from conquering the world and failed. Ironic isn't actually the word I'm looking for so I'll just say redneck. I agree that more people are just secretly sick, than sick on paper. People enjoy weird stuff and seeing them play out their bs in anonymity can become alarming. Especially when the numbers get into tens of millions. They're just playin around though.

Still legitimately remaining out of any conspiracy realm... the methods of Nazi mass psychology are taught in colleges and used in oh so many ways. Someone gets the bright idea to teach the stuff to a machine. Essentially that is what has happened. The number of active Nazis is low, but where exactly are they, and what are they doing to our children on Youtube? Propaganda was never expected to gain intelligence on it's own. What is it doing? Does this not concern you at all?

I assumed someone else here would be experiencing the same thing, Keith. You said it right and I do agree, but this is a message board and I'm venting about an aspect of actual reality. You don't like what they're doing, don't go there. There was no Nazi talk until a few minutes ago, and that has stopped. Thank you for suggesting it btw, DrZoidberg. Always a good idea.

Last edited:
but this is a message board and I'm venting about an aspect of actual reality.
But that's just it.
You tell us what our results are going to be and what that means...
Those aren't the results I get. So your conclusions are actually contra-indicated. And yet you still insist that what you're perceiving is what's happening, no matter what everyone else's experiences indicate...

I have no reason to think that what you're telling me reflects reality.

Google and Youtube are related. Both searches return results based on your history and what the algorithm thinks you might like. Facebook does this as well. Which was funny once when a guy was complaining about all the gay ads he receives. But I digress. You may have better results going into incognito mode in your browser first.

The effect is pretty pronounced. For instance, if I do a Google search for paranormal type phenomena, I more often than not receive skeptical "debunking" type sites in my top results. If I'm trying to do more balanced research, I switch incognito mode on.

This...

Also, set your browser to either not accept cookies, or to automatically clear browser cache and cookies automatically upon exit. No "fresh installation" needed... just a clearing of your history that web sites read to gain knowledge of your behaviors.

The garbage that the OP is complaining about is more of a comment on their behavior on the internet than the internet's behavior with them.

I like that "gay porn" comment... too funny.

Look... step back from the issue as many paces necessary for you to recognize pure evil. What terrible thing should we discuss about Youtube? There are millions and counting so pick one.

I get the results every time, and I know others do. I haven't fetched any info about the subject because I was sure one of you would. The fact that you haven't says all I need to know actually. You too know that what I'm saying is common sense.

Identity rape: Youtube holds the minds of more than a billion people in ugly hands that flash with scaley thumb pics of children debasing themselves and cursing their identities for life. Meanwhile their approving parents smoke crack and worship the devil in a selfie pose.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZpyj4vpnM[/YOUTUBE]

Altering reality: Random individuals creating art didn't make this girl's earth flat. A super scary computer program did it. The flattening of the earth and the mysterious goo will make kids grow up to be psychopathic whores and facially tatted madmen. And by then, their own children will be sucking from a shiny devil device so evil we couldn't imagine, even with a helpful Youtube suggestion. On and on it will go until truly unspeakable realities emerge for distant generations.

Back
Top Bottom