• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

16 Nobel Prize Winning Economists Warn Trump Will Ruin Economy

Until we solve identity theft there's not much that can be done about illegals.

Instead of working under a completely fictitious identity they'll work under a stolen one.

OK. I interpret this as meaning that, in your opinion, MILLIONS of undocumented immigrants are working under a "stolen ID." I wonder what you think a "stolen ID" is and how much it costs.

Really? I remember that in the early 1990's a decree went out from Caesar Williamus that all the employees would be checked. Supposedly -- and this actually happened where I was employed -- everyone was required to present a birth certificate! (I don't remember if passport could be substituted.)

How many undocumented workers actually have valid-looking U.S. birth certificates?
My wife is a US citizen. She does not have anything that resembles a US birth certificate.

For that matter, she doesn't really have a birth certificate at all. The document we provided amounted to an official statement that this is what the records say.

Is this how the undocumented immigrants steal their IDs?

If not, do you see that the two LP posts appear to completely jump from one side of the "issue" to the completely opposite side?

The ones that knowingly hire illegals are small, they don't add up to all that many jobs.

Cite? I think most employers of very low-wage workers are either aware, or deliberately try to avoid becoming aware.
The thing is only the very small places can actually hope to get away with hiring under the table.

This seemed unlikely, so I presented Google with "big companies hire illegal aliens." Here is the first hit:
www.texastribune.org/2016/12/19/big-name-businesses-exploit-immigrant-labor/ said:
One of those janitors — a 57-year-old Mexican immigrant who preferred to go by his nickname, “Chunco” — has worked for various contractors cleaning Target stores in Central Texas for about 12 years, despite lacking the legal right to work in the United States.

And he’s not alone: “All of the [cleaning] workers I’ve known were undocumented,” Chunco told The Texas Tribune, speaking in his native Spanish.

While his immigration status hasn’t posed a significant roadblock to his continued employment, it has exposed him to the risks that come with working in the shadows. He and his fellow custodians have repeatedly been paid less than minimum wage and worked six or seven days a week with no overtime pay, according to court records and Texas Tribune interviews. In some cases, they accumulated those overtime hours when Target managers would lock them in the store for extra tasks.

I am not trying to target Target specifically. It was just the first Google hit.

Right-wing conservative parties don't want to solve illegal immigration, as it is useful to them as a political tool to bash centrists, and riling up the mobs.
As regards documentation that employers see (if they even bother doing that), if they wanted to know what genuine documents look like then they could make an inquiry to a government department.

So, then why is Biden even bothering with the border and why is Ziprhead announcing such yawn worthy "breaking news"?
Nobody in either political party gives a shit about immigration. But they ALL care about votes, and talking about immigrants can win or lose a lot of votes.

Doing something? No, not many votes there. Better to just keep yapping...

why is Biden even bothering with the border
Trying to reveal the Republicans’ disingenuousness, showing that they are pretending to want to solve “the problem” while doing everything they can to preserve its political value.

As regards documentation that employers see (if they even bother doing that), if they wanted to know what genuine documents look like then they could make an inquiry to a government department.
The e-verify system is very accessible and simple for employers to use.
The guv is disinterested because if they went to 100% enforcement tomorrow, grocery store shelves would empty out, there would be panic snd the stock market would collapse. It’s not a partisan problem.

she doesn't really have a birth certificate at all. The document we provided amounted to an official statement that this is what the records say.
That is the definition of "Birth Certificate". :rolleyesa:
Indeed, when applying for my Passport, the Federal Government scoffed at my actual certificate of birth and demanded a less genuine and much newer document that reported that yes, I was born and where.

So, then why is Biden even bothering with the border and why is Ziprhead announcing such yawn worthy "breaking news"?
Nobody in either political party gives a shit about immigration. But they ALL care about votes, and talking about immigrants can win or lose a lot of votes.

This isn't accurate.

George W. Bush actually wanted to do something, but it was generally the GOP in the US Senate who stopped it (over 2/3s of Dems supported it, less than 1/4 of GOP'ers supported it). And again, that was in 2008 during the George W. Bush Administration.

Obama came up with a boatload of regulations for minor brought into the US illegally, ie the Dreamers, as Congress refused to manage it. So, Obama and the Democrats used every ounce (28.35 grams) of available Executive power to carve something out in order to stop ignoring a real world issue. The GOP

A very conservative GOP senator was able to extort border concessions from the Democrats just to get Ukrainian aid passed. And the GOP blocked it. It was a gimme, a freebie, flat out extortion... and they stopped it.

This isn't accurate.

George W. Bush actually wanted to do something, but it was generally the GOP in the US Senate who stopped it (over 2/3s of Dems supported it, less than 1/4 of GOP'ers supported it). And again, that was in 2008 during the George W. Bush Administration.

Obama came up with a boatload of regulations for minor brought into the US illegally, ie the Dreamers, as Congress refused to manage it. So, Obama and the Democrats used every ounce (28.35 grams) of available Executive power to carve something out in order to stop ignoring a real world issue. The GOP

A very conservative GOP senator was able to extort border concessions from the Democrats just to get Ukrainian aid passed. And the GOP blocked it. It was a gimme, a freebie, flat out extortion... and they stopped it.
Woah. So all this time, its the Democrats who are the racists trying to mitigate the flow of brown skinned immigrants across the border, and its the party of white supremacy (GOP) who is trying to keep it wide open? If you say so.

Woah. So all this time, its the Democrats who are the racists trying to mitigate the flow of brown skinned immigrants across the border, and its the party of white supremacy (GOP) who is trying to keep it wide open? If you say so.

You jump from one side of an issue to the exact opposite side of the issue, just to make some snide remarks?

Excuse me, but are you by any chance -- pardon me if the implied insult is unbearable -- a Republican?

This isn't accurate.

Perhaps you overlooked that in 2008 it was the GOP senate that blocked reform (even though it is in a different color). Perhaps you forgot that the GOP controlled the House of Representatives in 2012. The examples of 2008 and 2012 contradict your conclusion of "all this time".

This isn't accurate.

Did you actually have anything to say or are you just sticking with useless banter? W put forth something, it was likely going to be one of more moderate parts of his Administration, but it would be the GOP that would stop its passage. Mostly because it lacked being draconian. Also, these were all trying to address actual issues with immigration and illegal immigration, not some alt-right spank bank fantasy.

So all this time, its the Democrats who are the racists trying to mitigate the flow of brown skinned immigrants across the border, and its the party of white supremacy (GOP) who is trying to keep it wide open?
There is no anti-racist party in this country. There never has been.

You jump from one side of an issue to the exact opposite side of the issue, just to make some snide remarks?

Excuse me, but are you by any chance -- pardon me if the implied insult is unbearable -- a Republican?
I think they are what passes for being "conservative" these days.

This isn't accurate.

Perhaps you overlooked that in 2008 it was the GOP senate that blocked reform (even though it is in a different color). Perhaps you forgot that the GOP controlled the House of Representatives in 2012. The examples of 2008 and 2012 contradict your conclusion of "all this time".
Facts have a liberal bias.

This isn't accurate.

Facts have a liberal factual bias.
FIFY

This isn't accurate.

Huh? What you said in (my) bold supports what I and Jimmy are saying...that the racist Dems wanted reform of the border (that is, to keep more brown skinned people from coming in) and the white supremecist GOPs wanted to do nothing and continue letting them in. Your final comment about "all this time" is just another one of your tiresome, tangential quibbles that you are famous for. If it makes you happy, though, I'll reform it to "most all this time", since not all Dems were on board for the reform and not all GOPer's were against it.

This isn't accurate.

Huh? What you said in (my) bold supports what I and Jimmy are saying...that the racist Dems wanted reform of the border (that is, to keep more brown skinned people from coming in) and the white supremecist GOPs wanted to do nothing and continue letting them in. Your final comment about "all this time" is just another one of your tiresome, tangential quibbles that you are famous for. If it makes you happy, though, I'll reform it to "most all this time", since not all Dems were on board for the reform and not all GOPer's were against it.
Except in 2008, President Bush pushed for a deal and reform of yhe border need not mean stemming the flow but handling it.

It does not surprise me that you find being factually accurate is tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom